I found 99% pure Nicotine is my math right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I found Nicotine USP 99% pure around $60.00 for 25ml.
I'm trying to figure out how to use it.

My math says that if I add 1 ml for every 30ml bottle than I'd be at 3% or 30mg per ml.

Is this math right?. By the way I'm not going to mention where I found this chemical because some idiot would probably try huffing it pure, but if you search the forums very hard you can find the place.

It's a legitimate American Company not catering to the smoke industry.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to go through with it because I'm uncomfortable about dealing with a product where 1 cc is lethal.

Also this is Nicotine USP which seems to be different from the nicotine that the manufacturers of ejuice are putting in there products. Would it smoke differently.?

Reactions: Rutil

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA

My math says that if I add 1 ml for every 30ml bottle than I'd be at 3% or 30mg per ml.

Is this math right?. By the way I'm not going to mention where I found this chemical because some idiot would probably try huffing it pure, but if you search the forums very hard you can find the place.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to go through with it because I'm uncomfortable about dealing with a product where 1 cc is lethal.

Also this is Nicotine USP which seems to be different from the nicotine that the manufacturers of ejuice are putting in there products. Would it smoke differently.?

Do you mind me asking what Company this is? It dosen't sound right to me.

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I know of a place in the UK that also supplies a similar sounding nicotine preparation. You could enquire about buying a diluted quantity that would be much safer to for posting and handling. In the UK, 7% is the max. Perhaps ask if they will dilute that 25ml in PG to a strength of 3.6%.

I would strongly warn against trying to get it undiluted, but if they will provide it diluted to normal 'high' strength juice, it would be a clean-vaping nicotine juice. Just add your flavorings and dilute further as required.

If you can get it this way, it will be a much better juice to use as a base - rather than the tobacco soak version normally, I believe, used for e-juice; no dry residue to gunk up the atomizer.

Offer to pay more to cover the PG and performing the dilution; and the extra postage for what would then be 3/4 (three quaters) of a litre. Perhaps $100. Not bad for such a big quantity ;)

ps: I suggest keeping the company name secret for now and enquire calmly, perhaps suggesting they could have a new business line here. Much better than the company getting ......-off by a sudden barrage of enquiries.

Last edited:

tims

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
PA, USA
I would think that in the USA it would not be legal, and not knowing it's not legal will not help you any. Even if legal in one state, it may not be in another state and even then from city to city.

The risk are very high and you'll be on the hook for them, you can't just sit at your table and pour this into PG. Because if you spill some, it will go through the skin and even much smaller amounts would kill kids and animals.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Quite a bunch of nannies in here. :D

Let's say, just for the sake of argument, a person works with/handles high voltage all day. Or even works with high strength insecticides daily. Perhaps they work with concentrated arsenic on the job. What is to to keep them from handling nicotine safely?

I work with high voltage systems, and I would not recommend it to anyone, unless I knew beyond a doubt that they were qualified. How well do you know the OP?

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there

How are you arriving at 36 mg? Do you know the concentration of the nicotine your're buying? Chemicals are usually g/L. If you want mg, you have to divide by 1000. I you have 1 mL of 1 g/L nicotine, not matter what the volume you purchase would be, you would need 36 uL (microliters) in 1 mL of diluent to be 36 mg.

In other words, 99% pure isn't informative enough to work out a mg solution. You need to find out how many mg are in 1 mL of your chemical.

Yes, I am a chemist.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
How are you arriving at 36 mg? Do you know the concentration of the nicotine your're buying? Chemicals are usually g/L. If you want mg, you have to divide by 1000. I you have 1 mL of 1 g/L nicotine, not matter what the volume you purchase would be, you would need 36 uL (microliters) in 1 mL of diluent to be 36 mg.

In other words, 99% pure isn't informative enough to work out a mg solution. You need to find out how many mg are in 1 mL of your chemical.

Yes, I am a chemist.

The voice of reason. Thanks geeker:thumbs:

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
I found the very solution he si speaking about...The description is 99% pure nicotine...when you get it your going to see on the bottle that the whole bottle is the equivalent of 1 cigarette and is sold for educational institutions...I was very dissapointed...Trust me your NOT gonna buy 99% pure nicotine and have it mailed to your house from the USA...Believe me....I have a full Has mat suit with a scott pack and almost killed myself...The stuff is next to impossible to work with outside of a lab envirenement....There is , As OP said, a link on the website to 2 different labs that have it listed on there web site...One I believe is Advanced Scientific and the other is Scholar Chemical something or other...One tells you is no longer available after you pay and refunds your money, and the other one will mail you the one that is the equivalent of one cigarette.... And it smells like they soaked an ash tray to get it...

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Thanks for throwing some intelligence toward this insane proposition. Please let the bottom line sink in: You cannot work at home with anything approaching strong nicotine. Forget it. Even if you have a death wish, the poster who says nicotine poisoning is a painful way to die is correct. Google it. Read it. Believe it. Then forget you ever had such an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread