I guess it called HI

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Hi....

I am not new to vaping, quit analogs about 3-4 years ago and currently on regular ejuice with RBAs and premade coil tanks and bunch of MODs. Not much into temp cotrol, what I have is enough for me. Until now.
Lately I started having cravings to analogs again and turned to an easy way out - JUUL and Vuse Alto (also good for stealth vaping), but those are very expensive and I am trying to find substitution for them.
What I need - restricted air flow like JUUL, tighter could be a plus, but definitely not like NOVO (got it for cheap to try, hate it already, very loose air draw). Planning to use Nic Salts.
What I need is throat hit (and brain hit, feeling lightheaded, but it will go with 50 mg Salts, I hope) and good flavor. Vapor production is not on the menu, as I value stealth vaping. Battery size is not that important, if other conditions are met. Price of the device is not important, but price of coils or pods (and accessibility in USA) is very important. Sizes. I am looking for something to substitute JUUL or Vuse Alto, so skinny and tall is OK, could be thicker, no problem, but that type of construction.

Was asking those questions at VU and Reddit, so far no responses.
This forum is one of the last ones to try.

P.S. Uwell Caliburn already in the mail, I know that it is not what I need, but want to try Nic Salts with good flavor portable device (NOVO sucks, sorry for language). Also in the same mail is Kanger Uboat, read that it has tight draw, has cheap pods, will try. Really don't want to buy them all, hence I am here.

Any suggestions appreciated.

P.S. 2. Any users of Innokin Z BIIP and EQs, which one has tighter draw and stronger throat hit with Salts?

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Hi....

I am not new to vaping, quit analogs about 3-4 years ago and currently on regular ejuice with RBAs and premade coil tanks and bunch of MODs. Not much into temp cotrol, what I have is enough for me. Until now.
Lately I started having cravings to analogs again and turned to an easy way out - JUUL and Vuse Alto (also good for stealth vaping), but those are very expensive and I am trying to find substitution for them.
What I need - restricted air flow like JUUL, tighter could be a plus, but definitely not like NOVO (got it for cheap to try, hate it already, very loose air draw). Planning to use Nic Salts.
What I need is throat hit (and brain hit, feeling lightheaded, but it will go with 50 mg Salts, I hope) and good flavor. Vapor production is not on the menu, as I value stealth vaping. Battery size is not that important, if other conditions are met. Price of the device is not important, but price of coils or pods (and accessibility in USA) is very important. Sizes. I am looking for something to substitute JUUL or Vuse Alto, so skinny and tall is OK, could be thicker, no problem, but that type of construction.

Was asking those questions at VU and Reddit, so far no responses.
This forum is one of the last ones to try.

P.S. Uwell Caliburn already in the mail, I know that it is not what I need, but want to try Nic Salts with good flavor portable device (NOVO sucks, sorry for language). Also in the same mail is Kanger Uboat, read that it has tight draw, has cheap pods, will try. Really don't want to buy them all, hence I am here.

Any suggestions appreciated.

P.S. 2. Any users of Innokin Z BIIP and EQs, which one has tighter draw and stronger throat hit with Salts?
Well, if you're looking for something like a juul, but an open pod, the cheapest I know of is the boulder rock. Pods are 2$ and the battery with a pod can be had for 10 or so. Durable units too, I've even heard of them being left over night in snow.

As for proper vape gear, MTL was only my thing in the beginning, so I'll let the experts field that.

Best of luck staying off stinkies.

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Well, if you're looking for something like a juul, but an open pod, the cheapest I know of is the boulder rock. Pods are 2$ and the battery with a pod can be had for 10 or so. Durable units too, I've even heard of them being left over night in snow.

As for proper vape gear, MTL was only my thing in the beginning, so I'll let the experts field that.

Best of luck staying off stinkies.

Thanks for quick reply mate, here are results.

Boulder Rock facts check.

Reddit.

"Boulder was nice and cheap to try out, but was way too airy and loud for my tastes."
"The draw is super loose"
"It's more of a restricted lung hit"

So, it is not for me. However, while reading about it I got across VLadin, sounded good, but got some bad remarks about battery longevity.

From My Vapor Store

"Got this little baby to replace my JUUL. I love the size, so perfect and discreet. Refillable pod size is also great and lasts a long time. My issue is that the battery lasted all day long for about a week, then started losing power late day, now losing power mid-day! I have ordered another just to have as a mid-day switch over plan. I’m certainly not vaping more... the battery has just weakened very very quickly."
And
"Poor Quality Control on pods, damaged vape.......... Review: List Can not post links yet, sry.

And I thought I was close.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Making your own juice can save you a lot of money down the road.Here you can get great help/suggestions.
DIY E-Liquid

Was there before, not enough time for this, not again, but thanks for the tip.
Your another suggestion, will check, but it is not my first choice due to the form factor, first, I am trying to find JUUL substitute, including size (not larger than Nord). Those mini boxes are on the menu, as I am also considering Innokin Z BIIP, I wish someone can shed the light on this device in my terms.

Edit. I remember checking GeekVape device and something I did not like, will findout again and post here, so others can see and save time.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

I was going to suggest the Frenzy by Geekvape....the airflow is adjustable right down to a very restricted MTL and flavour is very good. I see that my review has already been posted....

I have quite a few pod reviews here....so go to my content and you should find something there :)

Reactions: HigherStateD

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.

Reddit.

"Boulder was nice and cheap to try out, but was way too airy and loud for my tastes."

So, it is not for me. However, while reading about it I got across VLadin, sounded good, but got some bad remarks about battery longevity.

From My Vapor Store

"Got this little baby to replace my JUUL. I love the size, so perfect and discreet. Refillable pod size is also great and lasts a long time. My issue is that the battery lasted all day long for about a week, then started losing power late day, now losing power mid-day! I have ordered another just to have as a mid-day switch over plan. I’m certainly not vaping more... the battery has just weakened very very quickly."
And
"Poor Quality Control on pods, damaged vape.......... Review: List Can not post links yet, sry.

I chain Vaped three of them for a little over a month until I got something more powerful. I'd say it's not as tight as, say, the 1 mm hole on my dead Rabbit SQ, but the air intake can easily be covered. My fiancee still uses one now, and the battery lasts a decent amount of time. I hear the frenzy by geekvape is a great kit for tight draw too, but I can't speak personally. There is a review here:

Charlie's review of the Frenzy Kit pod system by Geekvape.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia

Reddit.

From My Vapor Store

And

You shouldn't let one negative thing said by some random person put you off trying something:)

Reactions: HigherStateD

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2009
    Nor'Eastern PA
    mjHJuAF.png

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
    You shouldn't let one negative thing said by some random person put you off trying something:)

I would not argue here, but I followed multiple advises that Novo provides good throat hit, and now I have piece of garbage, at least to my standards. Novo can be good for a lot of people, but not for me, unfortunately.
    So, if more than 3 people say Boulder has at least some possibility of not been tight draw, I would not risk it.
    But I appreciate your responses anyway, this is the discussion...

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Was there before, not enough time for this, not again, but thanks for the tip.
    Your another suggestion, will check, but it is not my first choice due to the form factor, first, I am trying to find JUUL substitute, including size (not larger than Nord). Those mini boxes are on the menu, as I am also considering Innokin Z BIIP, I wish someone can shed the light on this device in my terms.

Edit. I remember checking GeekVape device and something I did not like, will findout again and post here, so others can see and save time.

I don’t think Biip is going to be right for you. It’s bigger than it looks online, and pretty heavy for an AIO. The air can be adjusted down, but it’s still rather airy. It ticks your boxes for affordable coils and low clouds, and the flavor is very good though.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
    Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

I was going to suggest the Frenzy by Geekvape....the airflow is adjustable right down to a very restricted MTL and flavour is very good. I see that my review has already been posted....

I have quite a few pod reviews here....so go to my content and you should find something there :)

Thanks for review Charlie, good description.
    However you did not mention on how Frenzy works with high nic salts (50mg or so), which coil is the best for it, to get better throat hit. And, for the sake of experiment, have you tried using 1.6 ohm coil from Flint in Frenzy, would it work, or it would not even fire? Just asking.
    And not a single reviewer mentioned the weight of that little poppy, grrh.

Edit. How long the coils last, how many refills, not days?

greek mule

Unresolved Status
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 2, 2018
    Athens,Greece
    I followed multiple advises that Novo provides good throat hit
    TH is dependent on e-liquid used, I.e. pg ratio,nicotine percentage, free base or nic salt,etc.Not on gear.

However you did not mention on how Frenzy works with high nic salts (50mg or so), which coil is the best for it, to get better throat hit.
    Nic salts and free base are not different animals.You can use both at every pod/tank/rta etc.
    The only difference between free base nic and salt nic, is throat hit. Salts are much smoother and can be vaped at higher Nicotine percentage.There's no need for @charlie1465 to test 50mg nic salt in his review.
    There are no coils that do nic salts better than others.You adjust nic ratio to suit your needs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread