I had an OOBE :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Got my lizard today. So far it has done what is is supposed to do. I have tried it on all modes with all adapters and all is well, heck the switch even works ;-) It came with a charger that I did not have and needed for my RCR123s.

Note to self: When waiting for product - charge all batteries you can, residual voltage means nothing :(

My first time vaping at HV, I'll get back to you on that. A review is forthcoming. To date the Chameleon is a straight forward product, and like all for some reason, allot smaller than I expected.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Great to hear Switcher!
Yep! If you were to use Protected bigger 16340's like Trustfire, you'll need the O ring to fill in the gap that would be left over. Even though Aw's make a perfect fit and thats what we like to supply, there are some folks that still use bigger batteries. So as an added bit of bonus, we like to supply the rings with every Chameleon and/or Ext.sleeve. ;)

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Got my lizard today. So far it has done what is is supposed to do. I have tried it on all modes with all adapters and all is well, heck the switch even works ;-)
allot smaller than I expected.

Ah... thanx for the OOBE explanation... I was wondering about that too :)

I hope your liking it as much as I am, and even with knowing dimensions before hand in millimeters, I was surprised at just how small it is too... really like it.

I ended up needing a new switch for mine. Isaac (he's a super hero btw) sent out a replacement for me by priority mail last Saturday after I had send him a plea for help PM late friday night. I'm not sure what I did to the clicky button, but it had stopped clicking for me. I got the replacement on Monday and was back up and running in no time. It was easy enough to install (15 minutes or so). The new button is slightly more recessed than the original (still easy to click) and I think will be a little more protected from damage.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Ah... thanx for the OOBE explanation... I was wondering about that too :)

I hope your liking it as much as I am, and even with knowing dimensions before hand in millimeters, I was surprised at just how small it is too... really like it.

I ended up needing a new switch for mine. Isaac (he's a super hero btw) sent out a replacement for me by priority mail last Saturday after I had send him a plea for help PM late friday night. I'm not sure what I did to the clicky button, but it had stopped clicking for me. I got the replacement on Monday and was back up and running in no time. It was easy enough to install (15 minutes or so). The new button is slightly more recessed than the original (still easy to click) and I think will be a little more protected from damage.
You are welcome!

The Chameleon - First impressions - E-Cigarette Forum my review

... and yes Isaac is quick on his feet. I got my charger for my AWs but was missing the cable, within minutes of notifying him, one was being shipped. I have been waiting a long time for my lizard, and my eGos are sulking on my desk.

Question for you folks??

Can someone explain why it vapes and tastes better with the 14670 @ 3.7V in comparison with the AWs @ 3.7V, and no.... it's not my imagination.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Question for you folks??

Can someone explain why it vapes and tastes better with the 14670 @ 3.7V in comparison with the AWs @ 3.7V, and no.... it's not my imagination.

Oh, that's interesting. eCigs are just so much more complicated than analogs. So many more variables involved. With everything else being equal and only the battery being swapped out for another... has to be a difference in power being delivered by the battery. Under load, one must be providing more power than the other. I would imagine the larger battery being the more powerful of the two (but that might not be the case).

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
You are welcome!

The Chameleon - First impressions - E-Cigarette Forum my review

... and yes Isaac is quick on his feet. I got my charger for my AWs but was missing the cable, within minutes of notifying him, one was being shipped. I have been waiting a long time for my lizard, and my eGos are sulking on my desk.

Question for you folks??

Switch! Magnificent review friend! So beautifully written! Professional, thorough, and clean. I'm so glad that all is well and you are satisfied good sir. :D Thank you very much for writing the review!!! You got me beaming in your direction again!! :thumbs:
LOL I have NO idea why you are experiencing that! Unless, the 14670 is holding it's 4.2V charge longer than the 16340?

Oh, that's interesting. eCigs are just so much more complicated than analogs. So many more variables involved. With everything else being equal and only the battery being swapped out for another... has to be a difference in power being delivered by the battery. Under load, one must be providing more power than the other. I would imagine the larger battery being the more powerful of the two (but that might not be the case).
Haha It's because this is a hobby for masses, new products, new ways to adjust and tinker with things. Can you imagine if we had these options with cigarettes instead of paying 5-10 bucks for a pack and just dealing with it? Versing how hot you want the fire to burn. Swapping out filters and flavoring on demand, extending the lengths and run times. Lol We would all end up with lung Cancer by the amount we would be smoking for pure enjoyment of fine tuning. :lol:

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Haha It's because this is a hobby for masses, new products, new ways to adjust and tinker with things. Can you imagine if we had these options with cigarettes instead of paying 5-10 bucks for a pack and just dealing with it? Versing how hot you want the fire to burn. Swapping out filters and flavoring on demand, extending the lengths and run times. Lol We would all end up with lung Cancer by the amount we would be smoking for pure enjoyment of fine tuning. :lol:

Shhh... be careful... the nannystate legislators might be listening... now we can't be enjoying our addictive habits, we have to suffer and despise it :)

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Switch! Magnificent review friend! So beautifully written! Professional, thorough, and clean. I'm so glad that all is well and you are satisfied good sir. :D Thank you very much for writing the review!!! You got me beaming in your direction again!! :thumbs:
LOL I have NO idea why you are experiencing that! Unless, the 14670 is holding it's 4.2V charge longer than the 16340?

Thanks!

The delta between the 14670 and the AW RCR123s well there is a difference in mAh of 350mAh. Since these batteries are both from the same mfr, they should perform in similar fashion. Unless this is what folks are talking about and you might have referred to wrt high drain of it holds 4.2 longer. My understanding of high drain (and please correct me if I am wrong, this HD stuff is all new to me) is that the power source can withstand large load demands that we as vapers place on these power sources that were not necessarily designed for this particular application. e.g LR attys and such.

WRT the rest, I am a tweaker, I maximize my minimums. My pleasure in vaping is finding the right atty liquid combo for pure vaping bliss. Heck smoking was never this much fun, including smoking 40 years ago, when a cig, actually tasted like tobacco. ;) e.g Dekang flue cured on a stock 510 atty is ok but more bleh. The same liquid on a 2.2 Ohm atty on the eGo at 3.1V oh yeah. It is slightly better than the same liquid vaped through a RN4075 (901) at 3.7V, the RN4075 on the eGo runs too cool.

All these different PV/atty combination/liquids have their place in my daily vape. It is orgasmic (someone though I was on the juice the first time I used that expression:) )

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
laughingsmiley.gif

I came in earlier to check up on you guys and sat here lol'ing! Then I realized I had to spring back into action quick! Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread