I have big problem - New user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen6996

Oct 15, 2018
Hello guys, this morning my first vape came.

I bought joyetech CuBox AIO.
Took some liquid flavors with it.
This is the first time i am using this so please help me if you can! :)

Please go directly to video URL same for photos - better quality.

I uploaded a video of my problem please watch it :
-

Pictures :

Details :
So in the box i saw "Attention card from Joyetech" Yellow one.
"Please drip at least 5 dropos of e-juice to the atomizer head before its first use to avoid dry burn." Writen on yellow info card.
I did that, maybe more maybe less, cant know. Then i injected e-juice into the two side holes.
press it 5 times, take one shot and it's like i am smoking some burned flavor, its was so weird.
You can see on video even liquid are coming out with the "smoke".

Is this device broken, i am sure that i did something wrong.
What should i do??

Last edited:

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
The yellow card is describing priming the coil with liquid, juice soaks into the wicking material on a brand new coil, otherwise the first few puffs would be just a hot coil on cotton. After you prime the coil it is generally best to let it sit for a few minutes just to let the liquid soak in completely.
What you have going on is too much liquid so that the wicking is oversaturated or "flooded". Stick some paper towel or tissue in there to soak up the excess liquid and it will not spit and pop so much. I probably don't need to say this, but I mean use the papery stuff just to soak up liquid and then remove it, don't leave a napkin in there lol.
When you are firing it without drawing air through it, the coil heats up faster and gets hotter, keep this in mind, so some of the cracking and popping you are showing in the video would still happen, should happen much much less when you are pulling air through it, and remember to soak up that excess liquid first.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello guys, this morning my first vape came.

I bought Joyetech CuBox AIO.

This is the first time i am using this so please help me if you can! :)

So in the box i saw "Attention card from Joyetech" Yellow one.

"Please drip at least 5 dropos of e-juice to the atomizer head before its first use to avoid dry burn." Writen on yellow info card.
I did that, maybe more maybe less, cant know. Then i injected e-juice into the two side holes.
press it 5 times, take one shot and it's like i am smoking some burned flavor, its was so weird.
You can see on video even liquid are coming out with the "smoke".

Is this device broken, i am sure that i did something wrong.
What should i do??
Hi and welcome,

It looks like step 2 warns of over priming and in "chinglish" tells you it WILL spitback.
YELLO.jpg

CoilPriming.jpg

IMO,
Stuff some napkin/paper towel in the mouthpiece, invert the unit and shake it a few times to remove the extra liquid.
Draw air thru the mouthpiece a few times without firing to clear excess liquid and initiate the wicking of the juice.

Then attempt the use it as directed.
Watch a few videos on the Utube to get better acquainted with your new puffer.

HTH
I

• Useful
Reactions: Baditude

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Hi - I had the same device & a similar experience.

I think the problem is that when the battery is fully charged, it's a bit too powerful for the coil.

Make sure the airflow is mostly open - it's not really any good for tight draws. When I used mine, I often ended up dropping e-liquid directly onto the coil, even after priming it. It didn't stop me from getting dry/burnt hits, however.

And try not to chain-vape - it doesn't like that at all.

My question is how to fix burn taste becouse is still here..
If the burnt taste is still there, you may need to replace the coil.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I didn't understand all comments becouse english is not my language, but i am very grateful for your help and time!
Now its okay, when i press the button it sounds lsimilar like before but nothing is going outside.
My question is how to fix burn taste becouse is still here..
What is the nicotine level and the flavour of the juice you are using?

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
You mention that your liquid is 60% VG. I think it's too much for those coils. They need thin liquid (more PG than VG). I found it coped a little better with 70% PG liquids.

When you put in the new coil and fill up the tank with e-liquid, let it sit for at least 10 - 15 minutes (longer is better).

Before you press the button, take a few dry puffs first - just inhale through it without pushing the button. It can be helpful to close off the airflow when you do this - but remember to open it up again before you push the fire button!

Good luck.

• Agree
Reactions: keelalagirl55

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Someone also told me that i should lower power of the device but i think that is not possible on CuBox AIO.
Did i make a mistake buying this one, if its to storng for coil then i will always have burn taste you are saying?
Your vape device only has one power output. That's a problem with most AIO (all-in-one) vaping devices, because they do not have variable voltage/ variable wattage which allows you to change the power output to the heating coil.

Quite often, an unsatisfactory vape can be corrected by adjusting the power output either lower or higher. You can't do that with your device.

Also, many of the flavors used will taste better at different wattage levels. For example, fruit flavors are generally better at lower power settings. Again, you can't adjust for flavors with your current device.

So in my opinion, I'd say you got the wrong kind of vaping device.

What do you mean with "fully primed"

Fully primed means the cotton wick has enough e-liquid to prevent a burnt taste (burnt taste from dry cotton = inadequate priming). This video is for a different tank, but the principles for priming and breaking in the coil are the same for any tank or coil.

Last edited:

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
What do you mean with "fully primed"
@keelalagirl55

@My Batt Hurts and @Baditude gotcha covered ;)

Making sure the liquid is fully saturating the fill material. Primer puffs (drawing on the mouthpiece without power) look to be a necessity with this setup. The thicker the liquid, the longer it will take to fully prime (get that coil ready to work as intended)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
"This video is for a different tank, but the principles for priming and breaking in the coil are the same for any tank or coil." @Baditude Hey bro can you vpost video link for this? :D
Sorry, posting from a public library and got logged off before I could post the video.

Reactions: keelalagirl55
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread