Ever Had an Analog Surprise Quiz test? I did... I Passed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
I came close to having one at the hospital,my friends hubs was flown in the medivac helicopter and she kept pushing cigs in my face.I came close but refused to cave.Then they moved her hubs and I didnt see her again.I was proud of myself for not giving in and now I know I wont.Her hubs was fine he needed a stent.Very lucky guy.

DawnsFolly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Congrats NoMatches and to all of us hanging in there. I think it's much harder when you're alone and the temptation is unexpected.

I was at my son's school function and went to look through the car for something. Lo and behold there was an unopened pack of my brand in the console. For just a second the thought crossed my mind, but I just laughed at them. They are still there and I think it's funny that something that had me by the azz for so long can ride along without bothering me. I'm addict and I gave it up, but I know that I will always be an addict.

Maiahmae

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
Michigan
What an inspiring story! So glad to have read it.

I gave in during the first week... spent a time of 1 week (1 pack) blending before settling completely on vaping. Higer nic in stock (as ive been "rapidly" dropping my nic levels) helps the yearning but the closest was when there was no higher then 8mg and the roommate was kind enough to inform me that my missing item was not in my car, but he found three analogs under my seat. They are still there, stale as all get out.. and it's nice to know that I can keep them there without true temptation. As in my favorite movie "You have no power over me."

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
Oh, c'mon. Aren't you just a little bit curious? I mean do you think they'll taste good, or now that you are used to juice do you think they'll taste as bad as everyone says? I mean, you don't have to start again, but don't you just want to compare for just one? Just one little bitty one? Just think, they used to belong to some hotties. Maybe they held them between their luscious lips for a minute and then put them back in the box. Give it a go.

Animeguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Virginia
A month after I stopped smoking cigs, I decided to do take everything out of my car and clear up some mess. I picked up a couple jackets and out fell 2 brand new packs of marlboros. I was "oh I had cigs". I never really realized while I was smoking since I smoked so much 2-3pad. But I just took the packs and crushed them and tossed them in the trash bag.

NoMatches

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
LI, NY
Oh, c'mon. Aren't you just a little bit curious? I mean do you think they'll taste good, or now that you are used to juice do you think they'll taste as bad as everyone says? I mean, you don't have to start again, but don't you just want to compare for just one? Just one little bitty one? Just think, they used to belong to some hotties. Maybe they held them between their luscious lips for a minute and then put them back in the box. Give it a go.

Yer a sick puppy... LOL.

Thanks for the support, well wishes and welcome backs! The support from this forum is inspiring! How about this... I posted about trying to get my nephew's wife off the smokes, and Kanza sends me a care package of menthol cartos that might help her get off the analogs when I give her my first starter kit, some V4L autos and charger. How 'bout them beans?

Where else do you find people like that? How extroidinary, how kind, what can I say? Is thank you enough? It seems a bit weak.

V4L and the support in this forum has indeed changed my life. It has also helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel of CC debt, having spent so much $ on analogs with the crazy $10 a pack cost here in NY. My life has been changed, from health and stinkiness to economical recovery.

Again, thanks for the congrats and support. I don't know how some of you can live with an analoger, but love trumps all. God bless you all.

Kanza

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Wilmette, IL
'Matches, my friend...I am so very happy you wrestled your demon and won...and on consecutive days, too :)

You can't beat the friends you find here...without ever meeting face-to-face, the bond is stronger than can possibly be imagined by someone who lacks the need for a support group. It may be fine that those lucky "others" have never had a "demon" to face down, but they are also the poorer for never facing a challenge and coming out the stronger because of it. Add to that the support we receive from this forum...the willingness by "faceless" individuals to lend their time and energy to aid us in our struggle and you have the battles almost won (if not the war).

We're all on an equal footing here...the fact our feet are often on a "slippery slope" is frightening because backsliding doesn't just loose ground for us, it can also loose life, economic stability and self-respect. The fact that others on the same treacherous path are willing to give us a hand to help us up when we are in danger of sliding to the bottom gives strength to our resolve that we will make it to the top :)

Sorry, I got philosophical for a minute :) Forgive me and continue to enjoy:vapor: I know I am :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread