Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I've been away from here for awhile and I find myself having difficulty locating flanged standard-sized cartomizers. I fear I still LIKE using my cartotanks and I still dislike using the non-flanged versions or RBAs and such.

I don't want to be dragged into newer vaping methods when the old ways still work, especially when it involves fashionable, custom tanks.

But seriously, does anyone know where to find the standard flanged, preferably around 3 ohm? I can find the XL but those don't last as long and I HAVE those.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
It looks as though IBTanked still has them so I ordered them from there.

I'd still like some other sources if anyone happens to know of any, however. The fact that there aren't that many around is sort of ominous and leads me to believe some of my best tanks won't be of much use in days to come.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I prefer carto tanks to RBAs. I'm surrounded by drippers at work, and while I do agree they produce amazing flavor and plumes of vapor, a) that's not what I want out of vaping, 2) I'm not a tinkerer, I just want to vape and go, and 3) I can, in no way, afford the amount of juice my co-workers go through when dripping. A sixty ml bottle lasted me 5 months. I've seen friends blow through a sixty ml in THREE DAYS. Saving money goes right out the window. Sure, you save money by not having to buy cartos or atomizer heads, but the juice cost? Insanely huge. I'm starting to realize I'm a stick in the mud, but it's getting annoying when people tell me my IBtanks and cartos are "archaic and dead" technology. No, they're not. They're still around because they work.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

bamani71

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 19, 2012
    Colorado
    This place has standard and XL length but doesn't say what resistance:

510 Flanged Cartomizer (DCT Tank Replacement) Good Guy Vapes

These don't say size, but have 3.0 Ohm:

Punched Flanged Cartomizers

Boge 5pc SR Flanged Replacement Cartomizer for F-16 - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

Here's another with 3.0 Ohm, 35mm length

SMOK DualCoil 35mm (short) DCT-2 Cartomizers (5pc) - 2 holes (35DCT2CR15)

You didn't say whether you preferred single coil or dual coil so there is a bit of both...

iamlenb

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Seattle, Washington
    Have you thought about trying a diver or a killer?

They are really good for when you run out of cartons, provided you're willing to do some rewicking and occasional rebuilds. I nabbed a killer clone for my AMP tank, built it up at 1.5 ohms and haven't bought another carto since then. Got a v1 diver and authentic killer soon after. There is the Sophia as well, supposed to be better refined design but I've been pleased with my setup.

They require rebuild skills and some time, no-resistance lead wire, and fiddling, but you can use them like cartos for a long long time.

Brend

ECF Veteran
    Dec 18, 2013
    USA
    I prefer cartos too - I think you're having trouble finding them because the standard is the
    more popular size. I noticed it when I first started buying these tanks. The standard size
    would sellout shortly after they were stocked & there were tons of people looking for them.

People buy a lot of them when they find them in stock.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    It looks as though IBTanked still has them so I ordered them from there.

I'd still like some other sources if anyone happens to know of any, however. The fact that there aren't that many around is sort of ominous and leads me to believe some of my best tanks won't be of much use in days to come.

I didn't take the time to check each vendor for flanged standard length cartos, but here's a large list of vendors who sell pre-punched cartomizers:

Vendor List for Pre-Punched Cartomizers

Last edited:

patkin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 6, 2012
    Arizona USA
    I still used "old fashioned" stuff and it is annoying that they get harder and harder to find . it has turned me into something of a hoarder when I do find the stuff I like...........

I've become a hoarder too. I have to stock up on atties for every type of clearo I have or they'll turn into worthless pieces of junk.... very annoying. Some of these manufacturers are getting just like Windows with their frequent new designs.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2013
    I prefer carto tanks to RBAs. I'm surrounded by drippers at work, and while I do agree they produce amazing flavor and plumes of vapor, a) that's not what I want out of vaping, 2) I'm not a tinkerer, I just want to vape and go, and 3) I can, in no way, afford the amount of juice my co-workers go through when dripping. A sixty ml bottle lasted me 5 months. I've seen friends blow through a sixty ml in THREE DAYS. Saving money goes right out the window. Sure, you save money by not having to buy cartos or atomizer heads, but the juice cost? Insanely huge. I'm starting to realize I'm a stick in the mud, but it's getting annoying when people tell me my IBtanks and cartos are "archaic and dead" technology. No, they're not. They're still around because they work.
    I was all geared up to buy an EhPro or something and realized yesterday that I really don't WANT that much flavor anymore. I have a hard enough time liking what I have and I even like that better when I dilute it with a plain PG/VG mixture. It lasts longer and the taste is smoother to me, not to mention I'm actually getting more vapor (not cloud-chaser amounts but I don't WANT that, either)

While I agree with carto tanks, I disagree with flanged cartos. I much prefer using tanks with proper fitting o-rings that don't need the flange.

I've been using these same tanks for over three years now, and they work as well as the day I bought them.
    Standard J-Tank (3.3ml) | ElectronicStix.Com

And if you know how to punch your own, here's a deal on cartos
    Boge 510 Blank Cartomizer Standard Resistance 3.0 oHM 5 Pack | ElectronicStix.Com
    I prefer the flange because it gives me a little extra air control, not because of any leakage issues. There are no o rings at the part of a cartotank where the carto and the tank come together at that point, anyway, at least none I've used.

Also, I have the non-flanged and have had horrific luck using them as I am personally inept and it's just a bloodbath when I'm done...lol

Have you thought about trying a diver or a killer?

They are really good for when you run out of cartons, provided you're willing to do some rewicking and occasional rebuilds. I nabbed a killer clone for my AMP tank, built it up at 1.5 ohms and haven't bought another carto since then. Got a v1 diver and authentic killer soon after. There is the Sophia as well, supposed to be better refined design but I've been pleased with my setup.

They require rebuild skills and some time, no-resistance lead wire, and fiddling, but you can use them like cartos for a long long time.
    I don't believe I want to get into rebuilding now. I bought all the stuff for rebuilding stuff I DO have and haven't managed to get around to doing it in several months. I don't imagine I'm going to ever get to it as I have trouble getting to a lot of things in my life. It's a personal failing...lol

I prefer cartos too - I think you're having trouble finding them because the standard is the
    more popular size. I noticed it when I first started buying these tanks. The standard size
    would sellout shortly after they were stocked & there were tons of people looking for them.

People buy a lot of them when they find them in stock.
    I was having trouble finding them even LISTED to be sold out. I'm glad to see some links posted here, however. I couldn't find them.

THANKS to EVERYONE!!

I didn't take the time to check each vendor, but here's a large list of vendors who sell pre-punched cartomizers:

Vendor List for Pre-Punched Cartomizers
    I clicked on a few of those randomly and the links I hit were expired so I gave up. Granted, I didn't go through many. By the time I found that list I wasn't as focused. Thanks for posting it.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2009
    Willamette Valley, PNW
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread