I learned today that vaping is like jumping from a 20 foot building

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
I carpet bomb naysayers. Have created a simply worded and clear canned response.
Feel free to use it yourselves. It is formatted at 72 character line length. That means
it'll work in most e-mail clients. It also includes a built in bozo filter.

---8<---

Should you choose to presenting an argument against my use of electronic
cigarette products, please become better informed. I provide links to
sites which offer volumes of accurate information. If you choose not
informing yourself, I will know and choose not to be concerned regarding
any argument you present. This does mean any argument because if you
choose to not be informed, your actions confer to me you are stupid. I
do not abide stupidity. Thank you and have a good one. The links below
are for your reference.

[ E-cigarette research, studies and papers - 2015/2014 ] - E-cigarette studies, research and reports

[ CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association ] - Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association

[ Home Page ] - American e-liquid Manufacturing Standards Association

--->8---

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
All the smoking members of my family tried to discourage us children. "Never start this nasty thing, I do."

Growing up in rural VA, had no real chance. At one point it was the tobacco capital of the world. Now, it is the poultry capital, although the poultry industry also cranks out smokers. This is known from working in a poultry plant, poultry houses of two or three varying companies at differing times.

By the time I was thirteen, had been smoking at least six months solid. At that time once you were thirteen you could smoke, use tobacco with parental/guardian consent. My Paw Paw worked me on his small dairy at times as well. He would offer the old tin of Square snuff. "Hank it up your nose or put it in your lip, boy. It'll keep you going for a while."

Pap, loved his Red Man quids. Uncle Buddy smoked, still does. I was fifteen until mom caught on that I rubbed snuff, smoked. At least that's when I think she caught on. It was when she came into my bedroom as I had pinched up some Copenhagen and as she entered, I held it behind my back awaiting her leaving. "Careful you don't burn yourself with your cigarette." "Awe mom, it's snuff. Want some?" "No, but you go ahead if your man enough in front of me." So, I did. Got sick as a dog afterwards, she smacked my puffed out lip and it all went down.

That was mom, had these brass ones. :) Need them too. She raised up three boys who each were the worst Hell and best angels she ever knew, raised them mostly on her own as well. My stepfather was a long haul truck/lorry driver and was gone all week, drank & slept weekends between bouts of smacking me round just to smack me round. ( No, not in the fun loving way either. ) So, mom now has two fine gents and one what a little tough loving from his brothers might fix. He can be a fine gent too if he doesn't decide upon imitating his daddy.

So yes, grew up where and when tobacco reigned. Grew up and finally am starting to unshackle the chains with help from my wife. Whew, more tired than I knew. Out all day splitting up firewood, from ~ 11:00 to 17:00 local, EST. Sure we had a few breaks but oak is awful heavy to lug round. Back at it on morrow.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
OMG!!! The Sky Is Falling!!! The Earth Is Flat!!! E-cigs Are Worse Than Smokin' So Grab an Real Cig or a Chantix Cause The Good Dr Is Wise And Knows All!!!
except for anything he's talkin' about, that is. The BS sirens are goin' off again!
idiots like this fool really make me trust Dr's.

So does this fool have a name? He should be congratulated for enlightening folks with all of the 'research and evidence' he provided.:facepalm:

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
^This^ gets the internet participation trophy of the day.

How many years of college did the good Doc attend to print something so ludicrous? I'm pretty sure you know the immediate side effects, immediately.

Frankly, I don't EVER inhale the liquid. I much prefer to inhale the vapor. If I inhaled the liquid, the side effect would probably be "drowning." What a ..... that doctor is... :rolleyes:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
If cigarettes are like jumping off a 40 foot building shouldn't vaping be like jumping off a
2 foot building? PHE says they are at least 95% safer than cigarettes. 5% of 40 is 2.
:vapor:
Mike

Actually I think it means that vaping is like playing in a puddle. :D

Andria

this is my name

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2014
North Little Rock, AR, USA
No seriously, what is this garbage?

T12AhFM.gif
That GIF is hilarious even outside of this perfectly matched context.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
He didn't actually state they're more dangerous unless I misread.... He claimed they're safer, but not not entirely safe....

So pretty much like every single thing on planet Earth... including LIVING on planet Earth. Which goes around a solar-radiating star. :facepalm:

Andria

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
Hey, I had a doctor tell me I had to have a pregnancy test after I stated I hadn't been in a relationship for 2 years. She actually told me that as long as I have a uterus I could have an immaculate conception.

What part medical school did she miss? Apparently it wasn't the 'gross income is everything' part.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Frankly, I don't EVER inhale the liquid. I much prefer to inhale the vapor. If I inhaled the liquid, the side effect would probably be "drowning." What a ..... that doctor is... :rolleyes:

Oh, I forgot we can't say "More on" here! :lol: That doctor is an IDIOT!

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
OMG!!! The Sky Is Falling!!! The Earth Is Flat!!! E-cigs Are Worse Than Smokin' So Grab an Real Cig or a Chantix Cause The Good Dr Is Wise And Knows All!!!
except for anything he's talkin' about, that is. The BS sirens are goin' off again!
idiots like this fool really make me trust Dr's.

So does this fool have a name? He should be congratulated for enlightening folks with all of the 'research and evidence' he provided.:facepalm:
He didn't actually state they're more dangerous unless I misread.... He claimed they're safer, but not not entirely safe....

Reactions: KentA

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Unless mother nature discloses to us jumpers what is in the air while falling 20 feet to the ground, then I would blame her entirely for my decision to jump. For, I could die on the way down before my inevitable passing, and had I known what was in the air before the jump, then there's a good chance I wouldn't even had made the 20 foot jump in the first place. Cause I'm thinking I'm going to survive. I might've elected to take the 40 foot jump instead. Cause I'm wise like that.

Reactions: inspects
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread