More propaganda

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncargrl

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
North Carolina
Touted as a safe substitute to highly addictive tobacco products, research has shown that electronic cigarettes are unsafe, and might soon be removed from the market.

Last week, the University of California, Riverside announced that e-cigarettes are potentially harmful to users' health, and urged regulators to consider removing e-cigarettes from the market until their safety is adequately evaluated.

Instead of burning tobacco like normal cigarettes, e-cigarettes vaporize the nicotine, along with other compounds present in the cartridge, in the form of aerosol created by heating. While this eliminates the thousands of chemicals and toxicants created by tobacco combustion, there are still chemicals present in the aerosolized vapors emanating from e-cigarettes.

Concerned that or e-cigarettes, also called "electronic nicotine delivery systems," might not be as safe as they appear, UCR researchers evaluated five of the most popular brands on the market.

What They Found:

1. batteries, atomizers, cartridges, cartridge wrappers, packs and instruction manuals lack important information regarding e-cigarette content, use and essential warnings.

2. E-cigarette cartridges leak, which could expose nicotine, an addictive and dangerous chemical, to children, adults, pets and the environment.

3. There are no methods for proper disposal of e-cigarettes products and accessories, which could result in nicotine contamination from discarded cartridges entering water sources and soil, and adversely impacting the environment.

"Some people believe that e-cigarettes are a safe substitute for conventional cigarettes,” said Prue Talbot, the director of UC Riverside's Stem Cell Center, whose lab led the research.

"However, there are virtually no scientific studies on e-cigarettes and their safety. Our study – one of the first studies to evaluate e-cigarettes – shows that this product has many flaws, which could cause serious public health problems in the future if the flaws go uncorrected."

The results from the study have now been published online at Tobacco Control.
Read more: cigarettes, nicotine, health policy, health warning, electronic cigarette

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
& Why would UC Riverside's Stem Cell Center be doing the research ??

And what research did they do ? Sounds like they simply looked at the devices & packaging...

"UCR researchers evaluated five of the most popular brands on the market" And thats ALL they CAME UP WITH !!

They must not know how to READ then because
EVERY bottle of e-juice I have ordered has has ample WARNINGS printed on the labels

JUST MORE CRAP !! I bet they got PAID to do this too !!:evil:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
So maybe manufacturers should put stupid warnings on the Atomizer, Cartomizers, Batteries, etc. Just like ladder companies have to put the warning "don't stand on the top rung".....duh.

What I thought was stupid was calling for contents lists to be on batteries and atomizers. I don't think they were talking about lithium and stainless steel. I think they believe that all the parts make up an unbreakable unity. They don't realize that the same battery & atomizer can be used to deliver any flavor and any level of nicotine, depending on what you put in your cartridge.

That would be like calling for the contents to be posted on your microwave oven, being ignorant of the fact that any number of different foods can be cooked there.

KDK

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2010
Fresno Ca. USA
That's because this is people talking about a subject about which they have no knowledge. Many people think they know it all, when in fact, they know nothing.
What I thought was stupid was calling for contents lists to be on batteries and atomizers. I don't think they were talking about lithium and stainless steel. I think they believe that all the parts make up an unbreakable unity. They don't realize that the same battery & atomizer can be used to deliver any flavor and any level of nicotine, depending on what you put in your cartridge.

That would be like calling for the contents to be posted on your microwave oven, being ignorant of the fact that any number of different foods can be cooked there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread