I love nicoticket bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
I would make my case, also - and you make a good one. It's one of those decisions in which you make two columns, there are good (and reasonable) arguments to do either, but in the end - you can only pick one.

I am going to console myself while drinking my refreshing coca cola through a straw from my juice box while I figure out the Nicoticket order I am doing right now. All the best wishes to you. You know I appreciate the juices and family you have created.:)

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Another added bonus - you guys have no idea how much we struggle with the threading on LDPE bottles. You can't really buy LDPE bottles made in the USA (China is the *only* source). The bottles and caps are still a nightmare. Beau just brought in a kitchen-sized garbage bag full of caps that are worthless... we put them on the bottles, the caps bend and distort the thread pitch on the bottle, ruin the bottles and make them unsaleable, unclosable. Like, over 1000 caps. About to shoot an email to my bottle guy to complain... but we'll get the typical excuses - my favorite is "you don't how to cap a bottle." LMAO The new glass bottles - made in the USA baby - definitely not going to miss this Chinese crap.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Another added bonus - you guys have no idea how much we struggle with the threading on LDPE bottles. You can't really buy LDPE bottles made in the USA (China is the *only* source). The bottles and caps are still a nightmare. Beau just brought in a kitchen-sized garbage bag full of caps that are worthless... we put them on the bottles, the caps bend and distort the thread pitch on the bottle, ruin the bottles and make them unsaleable, unclosable. Like, over 1000 caps. About to shoot an email to my bottle guy to complain... but we'll get the typical excuses - my favorite is "you don't how to cap a bottle." LMAO The new glass bottles - made in the USA baby - definitely not going to miss this Chinese crap.
SO happy to hear the bottles are "Made in the USA"! I appreciate that and hope that others do, too!

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle

Now I have visions of a recycling facility in the heartland of America dotted with purple caps. :laugh:

I can also think of an uncomfortable place to deposit those caps with the person who came up with the excuse " you don't know how to cap a bottle". :facepalm:

In all of the orders that I have received, not once have I received a leaker! :thumb:

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA
Warning: Thread jacking in progress...

My comment is not so much about the bottle, but about how it relates to the cost. A local B&M around here charges $15 for a 15ml bottle of one of the premium lines they carry. It's also a glass bottle with a dripper - part of the allure that's supposed to justify the cost I suppose. $1 per ml is where I imagine NT juice will be priced too. I would pay this and more, but it probably means NT won't be my one stop shop. Another local place that makes their own juice charges $20 for a 30ml, so will probably end up having to balance between these options to keep my costs at a level I can live with. That's kind of a bummer, but I am at least lucky to have a place that makes really good juice close by.

I hate to think about state taxes over and above normal sales tax being imposed in addition to this. For my neck of the woods a pack of cigs costs about $6 for premium brands. Let's say the average vaper uses about 5ml per day - this is about where I am at. So even without additional state taxes being piled on, $15 per bottle lasting three days is close to the cost of smoking for the same three days if you're a 1 PAD smoker. I tend to think this is a threshold that's going to be difficult for juice to cross. Once vaping becomes more expensive than cigs I think slower adoption rates would naturally slow further price increases.

While am I railing on about all this? Aside from the obvious that I don't want to pay more for things I am concerned about the costs of vaping getting out of control and mitigating all the good it's doing to get people off smoking. With smoking you don't have to buy accessories (you just pay for the medical bills on the way out). Batteries, mods, etc are costly even if done on the cheap with clones. With lower juice prices we can at least hope to break even with our old smoking habits, and afford vapresents like a new mod, a new atty, and so forth.

Anyway - I have ranted enough here. I understand this is normal growth. I get that businesses must grow and that this growth plan is also coupled with a strategy to preserve the business in the face of pending regs. I also know that Clark won't put his name on anything that reduces the quality the family is used to and the brand he's worked hard to build. I get all this, but I am still left feeling worried about the whole industry. Costs are piling on in all directions and in a best case scenario I think we will be afforded the opportunity to break even. Worse case scenario is it costs a bit more to vape enjoyably with good brands, and worst case the regs are so hard and the costs so high that a lot of people lose out on the best way to get cigs out of your life.

</RANT> Thanks for "listening". And thanks to Newport for throwing out some of his own concerns and opening the door for me to do the same. And sorry for hijacking the thread. It was sort of about the bottles. ;)

Last edited:

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Weasel, those are great points and ones I know are coming as if they let us vape at all they will make us hurt financially to do so...after all, vaping IS more dangerous than SMOKING <<<--sarcasm

All snarkiness aside I'm hoping this shakes out better than my imagination says, to be honest I think what the bottles will be will be the least of our problems in a few years...:cry:

sc12

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2013
USA
I see the new bottles w/automation as an opportunity to stabilize costs after the initial equipment and change over outlay. It will allow for growth without straining resources as much. Growth will bring greater buying power. Think in terms of larger quantity purchases of ingredients and packaging materials to aid in holding the line on production costs.

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA
Weasel, those are great points and ones I know are coming as if they let us vape at all they will make us hurt financially to do so...after all, vaping IS more dangerous than SMOKING <<<--sarcasm

All snarkiness aside I'm hoping this shakes out better than my imagination says, to be honest I think what the bottles will be will be the least of our problems in a few years...:cry:

Right on MKR. I'm staying positive here. The worries just spill out every now and then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread