I need to Rant 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3000

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2012
Michigan
I have posted things on here before of things that upsets me, so here is another complaint,
"vaping IS GOING TO KILL YOU"
I hear this often from people in my family, who are smokers, and sometimes from none smokers too.
And my reply is always this to the Smokers and non Smokers alike,

If you smoke cigarettes you have a 1-2 chances of developing a smoke related illiness that can kill you. That's half.
A concrete study could come out today that says 1 out of every 4 vapers will die. I would still be vaping..

What are your thoughts?

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I used to smoke 1 1/2 packs a day. I have been vaping for 2 + years. My health has improved a lot. I no longer get short breath for exercise, etc.

My primary care doctor and a cardiologist I have seen both agree. Vaping is safer than smoking. Both say better to do neither but stick with vaping if you are going to do one or the other

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
My response to you is the same as every other time this has come up.

The day I care what everyone else thinks will be the day I've lost my confidence. I know what I'm doing is the best thing for me and I have no illusions anyone will research vaping like we do.

I file those comments in the same place as the ones that say I need to build a .07 dynodragon coil to get a good vape.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I smoked 1.5-2 pad over 35 years. Vaping 4.5 years. No other methods helped me quit.

If people want the long reply, I’ll go into how there is not enough evidence to prove vaping is dangerous or safe yet. But that I went into smoking on lies. It’s good for you! Aids digestion! Keeps you slim! While BT was experimenting with ways to make it even more addictive, spaying it with lethal pesticides and herbicides. Lying about the thousands of chemicals, many carcinogenic, lying about the death tolls.

I know more about what I’m vaping than I ever will about what's in a cigarette. None of it raises much concern to me.

Even if I die of vaping, at least it won’t be to fill some rich tobacco guy’s wallet. I’ll do it for less than 1/10 th the cost, on my own terms.

If they just want the short answer I tell them to go F off.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Vaping isnt a hobby for me, its a thing I do while engaging in my hobbies and living my life, or at least its a thing I do while taking a short break from those things.
Right now I feel pretty safe with vaping in comparison to smoking.
If some concrete evidence was bought forward that vaping was actually going to cause disease, ill health and death, I would quit vaping.
Most of what I thought I knew to be true about nicotine and smoking seems to be untrue.
I like nicotine but I dont think vaping it is addictive like smoking a cigarette. I can go 5days with out vaping nicotine and not feel too much about it. 5hours with out a cigarette was pretty hard going, 5 days wasnt even conceivable.
I dont want to live beholden to anything anymore. Vaping is a means to an end.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
I have posted things on here before of things that upsets me, so here is another complaint,
"VAPING IS GOING TO KILL YOU"
I hear this often from people in my family, who are smokers, and sometimes from none smokers too.
And my reply is always this to the Smokers and non Smokers alike,

If you smoke cigarettes you have a 1-2 chances of developing a smoke related illiness that can kill you. That's half.
A concrete study could come out today that says 1 out of every 4 vapers will die. I would still be vaping..

What are your thoughts?

You can say to them you read disturbing study results. that paint a dire picture of bread. The baked mix of flour and water has been found to be consumed by more than 97% of convicted criminals, with more than 90% of crimes committed within 24 hours of consuming it.

Bread is now being found to cause many of the problems we see in modern society today. Half of all children growing up in bread consuming households, remarkably, score below average on standardized tests. Bread is made from a hazardous substance known as “dough”. It is now known that as little as 450 grams of it can suffocate a mouse – humans currently consume significantly more per month.

The study has also noted that bread requires a temperature as high as 240 degrees Celsius in order to bake. Adults are now known to quickly die at such temperatures.

Perhaps most disturbingly, however, the study has revealed that bread can often act as a “gateway” foodstuff, leading consumers to harder items, including jam, cheese, and in some cases even meat. Bread is addictive. Trails conducted proved that humans deprived of food and only given water started begging for bread in as little as two days.

There are many other deadly things humans consume that contain myriad harmful substances.... but vaping vapor is free of them... it does not contain gluten, ... it.is salt free... contains no cholesterol or transfat, caffeine or alcochol........and even amount of deadly sugar is hundred times smaller than single loaf of bread or thousand times smaller than one crispy creme donut people eat....

Having said all of above I have to say that "Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent."

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
MyEmoji_180526_1.gif

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I'm a vaper, period. Switched to vaping and have zero interest in returning to combustibles.

Could some new trustworthy startling news convince me to stop? Possibly, but improbable. I'm too much of a vaping advocate.

As a seasoned citizen I can't say I don't have any ailments, but my lung capacity far exceeds earlier times and on routine check-ups Dr's can't tell I ever smoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread