I really need to organize my flavor stash

Status
Not open for further replies.

HipGnosis

May 15, 2015
Wisc
images

I currently use one of these. The top storage lid has syringes and smaller bottles (10ml) flavor concentrate. Behind that a storage area for my bottles of Pg and Vg, a funnel and 50 ml beaker.

Bottom three drawers store my 30ml and 4 oz flavor concentrate bottles.
I like that! Where did you get it? What is it called?!?

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Did it work
So, I’ve had a crazy busy couple of days but in the morning I’m all over it! I got 2 rectangle styrofoam blocks used for imitation flower arrangements ect. I took my 11 dowel rods and placed them into these blocks about an inch deep on each side. This allowed me to apply several coats of silver spray paint easily. Each rod will be cut into 3 15.2 inch pieces to make my rows. I bought a simple cutting tool to easily cut them. So it’ll be fun and I can’t wait to use my finished product! (My orchids are currently holding the styrofoam blocks in place,lol)...
IMG_6640.jpg

Last edited:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
6F3D8292-39E7-45CE-B39B-1C8B7A4597B6.jpeg

I found these at Walmart over by the hardware, clearance at $3 each. You can see, they don’t hold much, but I’m thinking I could put enough flavors in one for a couple recipes that I use all the time. I doubt I’d do well at organizing by brand, flavor, alphabetically anyway lol. My mission today is sort this out well enough to do some mixing.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Did it work
Stage 2 is working just fine. It took me a moment to get started as I was hung up on it being perfect. I was measuring up and over for both ends of each dowel rod I placed. Once I stopped worrying so about perfection, it got easier. I used 2 bottles, one towards each end, to mark the width and eyeballed the height. I’d have liked to mark off the lines but not so easy on black and I don’t have any chalk line atm. Once all my flavors are in, the hot glue gobs won’t be showing. My DD will help me with the rest as it’ll go much quicker with her holding them in place for me. Here’s a picture showing only about 1/4 of the first drawer completed. I have 3 drawers total available if needed later on. I believe they’ll all fit in 2 atm. I’m really happy you gave me this idea! Thank you!:thumbs:
OoNWTpMuTHmLmjTMxK90Ug.jpg

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Stage 2 is working just fine. It took me a moment to get started as I was hung up on it being perfect. I was measuring up and over for both ends of each dowel rod I placed. Once I stopped worrying so about perfection, it got easier. I used 2 bottles, one towards each end, to mark the width and eyeballed the height. I’d have liked to mark off the lines but not so easy on black and I don’t have any chalk line atm. Once all my flavors are in, the hot glue gobs won’t be showing. My DD will help me with the rest as it’ll go much quicker with her holding them in place for me. Here’s a picture showing only about 1/4 of the first drawer completed. I have 3 drawers total available if needed later on. I believe they’ll all fit in 2 atm. I’m really happy you gave me this idea! Thank you!:thumbs: View attachment 747445
Cool, glad its working. To be totally honest I was picturing a bigger rod glued at the bottom but hey, if it works

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Cool, glad its working. To be totally honest I was picturing a bigger rod glued at the bottom but hey, if it works
Bigger rods at the bottom would certainly be much easier but then space is an issue. If I look down at an angle I can see the names but I’m not concerned too much with being able to see all well because they’re alphabetised and I easily remember the order after pulling repeatedly. So definite win here and I’m pleased!

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I’m not concerned too much with being able to see all well because they’re alphabetized and I easily remember the order after pulling repeatedly.
Looks good, Natasha!:thumbs:

This is similar to the way my baking sheet is organized (alphabetical). One thing I would offer for your consideration... especially since you are continuing to add flavors... is to leave adequate room for expansion. I failed to leave enough, and had to go through complete reorganization (empty; and start over.:facepalm:), in order to retain proper alphabetical order.:D :censored::D

Maybe 2 or 3 empty spaces at the end of each row, or at least several at the (current) end of each letter, can help put off a major overhaul. :)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

This is similar to the way my baking sheet is organized (alphabetical). One thing I would offer for your consideration... especially since you are continuing to add flavors... is to leave adequate room for expansion. I failed to leave enough, and had to go through complete reorganization (empty; and start over.:facepalm:), in order to retain proper alphabetical order.:D :censored::D

Maybe 2 or 3 empty spaces at the end of each row, or at least several at the (current) end of each letter, can help put off a major overhaul. :)
I have to redo my racks for that reason. Really need to quit ordering citrus.:facepalm: Time for some piffing, about to 200 again.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA

After I filled up my 2nd 6 pipe stand I built a 44 pipe wall rack. It was soon filled with a couple laying on top. The universe hates a vacuum.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN

The ones I completed today, I left a empty row between each brand. I probably do mine differently than most but I alphabetise mine within each brand and then the brands are alphabetised. Though, you’re right! I was going to set this up in 2 drawers now and have the extra drawer as needed to expand. Now I’m thinking I should go ahead and set it up with all 3 to have ample growing space. Thus avoiding, as you mentioned, flavor relocation:laugh: Thanks for helping to prevent this!

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I want to see the great wall too! LOL this thread is reminding me I need to mix, but I think I can wait 3 more days.... :)

Anna

I need to mix again today. I thought I needed 25/75 pg/vg, but I really needed max vg. Ugh. I should have gone through the cubby first! Oh well lol.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I’m interested in what this looks like! Mind sharing a picture of this great wall?:)

I want to see the great wall too! LOL this thread is reminding me I need to mix, but I think I can wait 3 more days.... :)

Anna

Good thing I took one when it was new so I don't have to clean.
pipe rack.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread