I support these nominees....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
First, please let me ask that you use another thread to discuss who you will not support and why (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ou-will-not-support-candidate.html#post666885); this thread is just what I'd like to share with those voting about who I support and why, in no particular order.

The first on my list is MrKai.

I must admit I had only seen a few of his posts, nothing that had particularly stuck out in my mind, until recently. Seeing his genuine concern, personal morality, and calm demeanor is so very easy in his emails. MrKai is respectful, reasonable, and would serve every vaper well.

The next up on my list is Kristin. She hasn't been here very long, but her ability to articulate, coordinate, and present herself as a friend to everyone is obvious. Kristin's involvement in the support of harm reduction is invaluable, and she has my vote.

Territoo is a doctor, a mother, and a calm voice. She has experience as a research assistant, and is willing to put herself out there. She has my respect and my support.

I can't forget Yvilla. What an amazing and impressive combination - psychology and health, followed by a degree in law! Experience serving on a board, trial experience, forward thinking, and able to provide original thought in any conversation. I can't imagine CASAA being as successful as it could be without having Yvilla on the board.

seminolewind is an RN, and an advocate by her very nature. She just can't help telling people about how well her experiences went, and that, to me, is wonderful.

I need to get back to a few things at the office, but I felt compelled to share these thoughts this morning. Please, take care in considering your votes.

frankie1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Florida
SLDA181: ITA with your choices. I voted for these people for basically the same reasons. I also voted for SunVapor for his understanding and discussions of the FDA issues and for TropicalBob for his forthrightness and his ability to communicate to everyone his ideas. I have also found TB is more than willing to share his knowledge and assist anyone with even the basic concepts.

I read everyone's bio and made my decision based on the bio's and their prior posts. I voted for all 12. I didn't have specific reasons for the rest, just my sense of their willingness to work for this cause, their reputations, and what I consider their ability to represent a group that I can proudly be affiliated with. I voted for professionalism, dedication, ability to communicate and reputable vapers.

I voted for and support Moobyghost, Drewsworld, Halfevildruid, and BigjimW.

The reason why I support these candidates, is because I've gotten to know each of them well. I've video chatted and talked with all of them for hours days and even weeks. I know where they're coming from, who they are, and what they're all about. I think they're the perfect people to represent my opinion and concerns on a board of potential candidates with, from what I've learned in the last few days, less than a level head, and a closed minded outlook. I'm not attacking anybody I'm just stating why I support the nominees that I support. This is the way it is everywhere. I voted for certain reps in my state for the same reason. I just don't like everybody's mindset, so I have to vote for the people that share a vaguely similar mindset of my own to represent me. Nobody can get mad at this post, because, you know what, this is my own opinion. If you don't like people to express their opinions, why are you on a message board. Better yet, why do you talk to other people at all? I want to keep this good thread going. I will absolutely lose all respect for any individual that turns this thread down hill. :evil: If you want to bash anything I've said, you can do it privately like an adult. But feel free to comment, but bashing seems to turn threads down-hill.

-EskimoVaper

Last edited:

Lalesa

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles County, Ca
I voted for and support Moobyghost, Drewsworld, Halfevildruid, and BigjimW.

The reason why I support these candidates, is because I've gotten to know each of them well. I've video chatted and talked with all of them for hours days and even weeks. I know where they're coming from, who they are, and what they're all about. I think they're the perfect people to represent my opinion and concerns on a board of potential candidates with, from what I've learned in the last few days, less than a level head, and a closed minded outlook. I'm not attacking anybody I'm just stating why I support the nominees that I support. This is the way it is everywhere. I voted for certain reps in my state for the same reason. I just don't like everybody's mindset, so I have to vote for the people that share a vaguely similar mindset of my own to represent me. Nobody can get mad at this post, because, you know what, this is my own opinion. If you don't like people to express their opinions, why are you on a message board. Better yet, why do you talk to other people at all? I want to keep this good thread going. I will absolutely lose all respect for any individual that turns this thread down hill. :evil: If you want to bash anything I've said, you can do it privately like an adult. But feel free to comment, but bashing seems to turn threads down-hill.

-EskimoVaper

Just out of curiosity... Care to elaborate on that? What characteristics, traits, ethics, background, occupation, or ???? influenced your support?
You only said similar mindset to you. Some specifics would be nice so other folks reading this might consider these same candidates. ;)

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Just out of curiosity... Care to elaborate on that? What characteristics, traits, ethics, background, occupation, or ???? influenced your support?
You only said similar mindset to you. Some specifics would be nice so other folks reading this might consider these same candidates. ;)

Probably the fact that we all meet in a better community via video chat on nu-vapor and we can actually see each other face to face and get to know each other on a more personal level than simple words on the Internet.

Otherwise, it's just words.

Probably the fact that we all meet in a better community via video chat on nu-vapor and we can actually see each other face to face and get to know each other on a more personal level than simple words on the Internet.

Otherwise, it's just words.

Exactly. I love nu-vapor. It's a really great community of people that genuinely care about your and your issues/triumphs.

You only said similar mindset to you. Some specifics would be nice so other folks reading this might consider these same candidates. ;-)
But anways. The main characteristic is that those people are willing to fight tooth and nail for vapers' rights. They know their stuff, vaping and the public exposure of vaping, and are always willing to learn something new. They all listen to what everybody has to say and will help others with personal and vaping problems. I consider myself proud to know all of these people. I also like that they all have an open mindset. If somebody has an idea, they eagerly listen and expand on that idea. They've all vaped for quite awhile also.

I'm not going to elaborate more than that because I'm not trying to run a campaign for them, thus the reason for not "elaborating," I was just going to state who i was suppporting like the thread is called. Thanks for your response, Lalesa. :)

Lalesa

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles County, Ca
Exactly. I love nu-vapor. It's a really great community of people that genuinely care about your and your issues/triumphs.

But anways. The main characteristic is that those people are willing to fight tooth and nail for vapers' rights. They know their stuff, vaping and the public exposure of vaping, and are always willing to learn something new. They all listen to what everybody has to say and will help others with personal and vaping problems. I consider myself proud to know all of these people. I also like that they all have an open mindset. If somebody has an idea, they eagerly listen and expand on that idea. They've all vaped for quite awhile also.

I'm not going to elaborate more than that because I'm not trying to run a campaign for them, thus the reason for not "elaborating," I was just going to state who i was suppporting like the thread is called. Thanks for your response, Lalesa. :)

I just wanted to offer the opportunity to further elaborate if you so chose. As I also took the time and effort to post what I was looking for in the candidates and though it was not derogatory in any way, it was in fact just the opposite, my reply was sanitized with what happened in the rest of the thread. Thanks for your input :D

I just wanted to offer the opportunity to further elaborate if you so chose. As I also took the time and effort to post what I was looking for in the candidates and though it was not derogatory in any way, it was in fact just the opposite, my reply was sanitized with what happened in the rest of the thread. Thanks for your input :D

Yes. Sorry if it sounded that way. Emotions are too hard to read in text. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread