Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
If they change their vote, they obviously feel the other candidate is more qualified. If they are too lazy, then I don't want their vote anyhow.

It wouldn't be that they're too lazy. A lot of people may not even be aware that the votes had been reset and not check back in this thread to see what is happening.

Hopefully this can be sent to those not following the thread here.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
BigJimW and Mooby are 'shakers and movers'. Heck, they have video cameras, and they use e-cigs. Cast any votes intended for me for them. I am sure they can put CASAA on track.

Don't leave just yet. You may get that chance to contribute by organizing this organization better. I would think one that keeps things organized in this group would be valuable.

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Folks, this whole deal was not well thought out nor well implemented. Resetting of elections is just so Afghanistan. I am not certain there is any central driving force behind CASAA.

You cannot have an advocacy organization run helter-skelter by anyone who so chooses to make a comment about what should and should not be done or how the founding documents should read. This is way too unorganized for me. Count me out of the election to the board. I appreciate the support I received from anonymous ECF members, but I cannot, with a clear mind, support a disorganized group. I can be an advocate for vaping in my everyday life, as we all should be.

I totally understand your point, breakfastchef, and, yes, it might be a little disorganized right now, but at least these folks are actually allowing a proper vote for the Board, and so, actually listening to the consumer. None of us here have ever run a consumer advocacy group, at least not that I know of. To pass judgment and push CASAA to the side so hastily isn't necessary. Have some patience, it will all work out. The fact is, we need this to work. Consumer representation is essential right now. Let's just try at this point to be positive and not act in haste.

Not to mention, with Webby resetting the vote, organization and order is being established. This time around, there will be no quarrels strong enough to hold sway.

Thanks but it does not. I am ...... that all the people that took time to vote will have their voices lost.

See my response to BJW.

Not age, just fair politics. It is statistically proven that during a revote candidates lose votes either from people who did not know about the change or are just to lazy to cast their vote again.

Statistics can say anything you want them to say......please don't invoke that as an argument. It's faulty.

Your voices are NOT lost! Just cut and paste. Not a problem

Exactly.

It wouldn't be that they're too lazy. A lot of people may not even be aware that the votes had been reset and not check back in this thread to see what is happening.

Hopefully, anyone who voted was following the thread to begin with and will continue to do so through to the end of the voting period....unless of course they were just stopping by to vote.

BigJimW and Mooby are 'shakers and movers'. Heck, they have video cameras, and they use e-cigs. Cast any votes intended for me for them. I am sure they can put CASAA on track.

O RLY? You sure about that, chef?:lol:

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Folks, this whole deal was not well thought out nor well implemented. Resetting of elections is just so Afghanistan. I am not certain there is any central driving force behind CASAA.

You cannot have an advocacy organization run helter-skelter by anyone who so chooses to make a comment about what should and should not be done or how the founding documents should read. This is way too unorganized for me. Count me out of the election to the board. I appreciate the support I received from anonymous ECF members, but I cannot, with a clear mind, support a disorganized group. I can be an advocate for vaping in my everyday life, as we all should be.

Of course it's a bit disorganized. That would be the point in organizing! Electing a board to make decisions is the first big step towards that goal. Cudos to Webby for pulling all this together.

The decision to reset and start over was not based on a "helter-skelter comment" by any one person. A lot of people questioned the process - some nominees weren't even on the ballot! Webby was kind enough to listen to all the suggestions and very quickly got the ship righted.

Once CASAA has a formal board in place, that can get feed back from the rest of us and vote on the issues before them, I'm confident it will be a well run organization. There are a lot of dedicated, skilled, and talented people on the ballot.

These are all very minor growing pains which will soon be forgotten. The important thing is to get a board in place so CASAA can get to work.

Resetting of elections is just so Afghanistan. I am not certain there is any central driving force behind CASAA.

All the more reason to require registration to vote in the election, wouldn't you say?

You cannot have an advocacy organization run helter-skelter by anyone who so chooses to make a comment about what should and should not be done or how the founding documents should read. This is way too unorganized for me.

You're right. This is why although our mission and objectives have been left open to public debate, we are about to open the lines for member registration and begin the election for the voting board so that we can organize and be more effective.

Count me out of the election to the board. I appreciate the support I received from anonymous ECF members, but I cannot, with a clear mind, support a disorganized group. I can be an advocate for vaping in my everyday life, as we all should be.

Was your support from anonymous ECF members or anonymous ASH members or anonymous FDA employees? How do you know?

Personally, I'd rather lose the position because other candidates had support from people who've at least provided a working email address than win not knowing how much support came from one random person with an IP spoofer and an itchy 'Refresh' button.

WILDJC

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
New York
I am respectfully and sadly withdrawing my name from the ballot.
Thanks to all for my nomination, I could not accept any position to CASAA board.
It's personal, that's all I can say, and sorry for any disruption of the process.
Kate

It's sad to see people withdrawing from the election after having already accepted their nomination. OK - we had a false start. So what? Everyone should check their ego's at the door and move forward as an organization. This situation can turn into our finest hour by our efforts in coming to a solution - which Webby and others did! I myself made the list but declined because I am unable to dedicate the time needed to serve on this board.

Let's work collectively together. Their isn't an obstacle that can not be overcome. Damn, the founding fathers couldn't get it right the first time, yet their efforts reaped many a victory. Let's move forward. And Kate, as a sidenote, I placed a vote for you, so please do not withdraw.

That's too bad. The whole reason for a board in the first place is to direct and coordinate to ensure this kind of thing does not happen. It should be expected with the organization beginning the way it is. I think if you sincerely support the cause and organization, this is a perfect time to express and show your support. This just proves how much a Board of Directors is needed.

Mo JJC

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Illinois, USA
That's too bad. The whole reason for a board in the first place is to direct and coordinate to ensure this kind of thing does not happen. It should be expected with the organization beginning the way it is. I think if you sincerely support the cause and organization, this is a perfect time to express and show your support. This just proves how much a Board of Directors is needed.
what he said :)

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org

I didn't call them lazy, Jim - I was quoting him. He asked, What if they're to lazy to vote again?

Also, they are going to have a notice when you log on to the forums that there is to be a re-vote and people have all week to learn that there was a "do-over." A doubt anyone will be left in the dark about it.

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Of course it's a bit disorganized. That would be the point in organizing! Electing a board to make decisions is the first big step towards that goal. Cudos to Webby for pulling all this together.

The decision to reset and start over was not based on a "helter-skelter comment" by any one person. A lot of people questioned the process - some nominees weren't even on the ballot! Webby was kind enough to listen to all the suggestions and very quickly got the ship righted.

Once CASAA has a formal board in place, that can get feed back from the rest of us and vote on the issues before them, I'm confident it will be a well run organization. There are a lot of dedicated, skilled, and talented people on the ballot.

These are all very minor growing pains which will soon be forgotten. The important thing is to get a board in place so CASAA can get to work.

Thank You lotus14,

I was searching for the words but you've said it perfectly. It has been said all along that CASAA is what WE make it. This is the time to define who WE are. Far beyond those who are elected - all 30 nominees, the SE selected sub comitees and everyone who has an opinion and is willing to make a stand - are WE.

(not to be confused with them...nobody ever likes them.) ;)

I'm not following any pre-ordained manual and will be overjoyed to be able to share (or pass along?) the responsibility of deciding the direction of CASAA.

There are no bylaws, because I wouldn't be so asinine to think I could alone write a governing covenant. Since there are no bylaws, there web site isn't finalized. Since the website isn't finalized, there is no member database in which to draw validation for the vote for the Board.

All for the want of a nail.

I urge you to reconsider breakfastchef. At least 25 ECF members felt strongly enough that you were one of the ones needed to write the very guidelines you're taking about.

Join us.

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
Look, if 100 people voted the first time and nominee #1 had 30% of the vote, then if 50 people come back for the 2nd vote, shouldn't the ratio be about 30% of the votes for nominee #1? That's my feeling anyway. And if nominee #1 didn't get the same percentage- ( 100 votes/ got 30%) and (50 votes/got 30%), then THEIR supporters were lazy, or they changed their mind, or didn't care enough.

I'm getting a bit tired of "woe is me", my God, go buy some self esteen and have a coke!

NCChief

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Western NC
I see both sides to this and I hope that it gets resolved soon. I hate that some of the most educated people in the vaping world are getting disenfranchised over this. As someone that relies on each and every one of you every day, I wish I could vote for more than 12.

Information and education of the public is of the utmost importance. As a law enforcement officer, I have made it my personal mission to educate as many other LEOs in my area regarding vaping (got a few of them purchasing stuff too). We need folks from every walk of life and there are a lot of NEEDED people that are nominated for these positions.

If you were nominated and accepted, YOU are needed. Please reconsider if you have considered not serving.

Thanks,
NCC

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
I see both sides to this and I hope that it gets resolved soon. I hate that some of the most educated people in the vaping world are getting disenfranchised over this. As someone that relies on each and every one of you every day, I wish I could vote for more than 12.

Information and education of the public is of the utmost importance. As a law enforcement officer, I have made it my personal mission to educate as many other LEOs in my area regarding vaping (got a few of them purchasing stuff too). We need folks from every walk of life and there are a lot of NEEDED people that are nominated for these positions.

If you were nominated and accepted, YOU are needed. Please reconsider if you have considered not serving.

Thanks,
NCC

How'd you get so smart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread