The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I think I might have a problem.

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Godsmulligan, Oct 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Godsmulligan

Godsmulligan Full Member

I started off with an eGo twist and a Blu disposable. I like the Blu better, it has more smoke, a nice TH and is just more consistant, while my eGo Twist is is tough stating out when the carto is full, It takes a while before you start getting a decent drag. When the tank is half full it's perfect, but once it starts getting low it sucks again. Sometimes the TH is great, other times it's non existant, yet others it hits so hard I end up couching. On top of this there is very little smoke. I have this thing cranked to 4.8. At first I thought it was just a crap machine but after reading how everyone loves there ego on here I think I might have a problem with mine.

What do you think?

I'm running the wickless and using tsunami juice, if that makes a differance.

2. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    There's a very good chance the problem isn't the battery but the juice delivery system (holds and vaporizes the juice). What JDS are you using? Pic, Llink?

3. Thunderball

Thunderball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2013
    Grayson, Georgia
    Its not the ego, its the topper you are using. Are you using a clearomizer ? That one has two or four top wicks that you can see. If so, many brands of those can be problematic, as in , only the BEST of those work well IMHO.

4. Thunderball

Thunderball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2013
    Grayson, Georgia
    The drunken squirl is righ on target...... Even in his wasted state......:D

5. Godsmulligan

Godsmulligan Full Member

Doesn't look like it's going to let me upload a pic. I think it came with the eGo, it has no wicks. I believe it was suppose to be the nicer one. I'll keep trying to upload a pic.

6. Vapoor eyes er

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
  7. wv2win

wv2win ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    I would suggest trying a regular carto or a tank-carto (not clearo like you currently have) and I bet you will be surprised at the difference. You can get a regular carto for $2.00 and a tank set-up for as little as $12.

8. Godsmulligan

Godsmulligan Full Member

Looks just like the CE5 clearomizer wickles

9. Vapoor eyes er

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
  10. Godsmulligan

Godsmulligan Full Member

Just like the top ones, but without the wics.

11. Vapoor eyes er

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    If it's the CE5 it's rebuildable (CE4 isn't) head can be washed and dry burned or replaced. Also known as Stardust. It's the first pic in Post # 9. It's a top coil clearo which gives a warmer vape BUT sometimes there are problems as the juice must wick UP to the coil. Does it have long or short wicks as per the pic in Post # 9?

12. Godsmulligan

Godsmulligan Full Member

13. Vapoor eyes er

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    If no wicks coming from the top then it's not a CE4 or CE 5. It sounds like it's a bottom coil clearo- head (wick+ coil) is at the bottom of tank.

14. Godsmulligan

Godsmulligan Full Member

What does that mean for me?

It looks exactly like the ones in the link I posted.

15. Vapoor eyes er

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    Okay it's a non rebuildable tank with a cartomizer type setup- NOT a CE4 or CE5. They are not very popular. There is a metal tank with holes in it (juice travels thru these holes and saturates the filler) in the center filled with stuffing. In the center of this tube is a coil that heats the juice in the stuffing.
    They are similar to a cartomizer+ tank setup but like I said not popular at all. Eventually the coil gets clogged up with juice gunk and cannot fire at it's full potential.

16. Godsmulligan

Godsmulligan Full Member

Ok cool, I got a crap setup. I can fix that.

Thanks

17. jistjul

jistjul Senior Member Verified Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    I "liked" your statement because that is the vaper attitude..."I can fix that."

18. Vapoor eyes er

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
  19. HughDaHand

HughDaHand Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2012
    Swartz Creek, MI
    Sounds like you like the Cartomizer that is used with the Blu setup more than the clearomizer that you got with your ego twist. You should try one of your blu carts on the twist and see how you like that. Sounds like you might enjoy a cartomizer tank on your twist, which is basically just a cartomizer similar to the blu carts with holes punched in it and stuck inside a tank that keeps it full of juice.

20. Vapoor eyes er

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    When shopping realize your eGo will accept either 510 or eGo threaded accessories.

ego2e.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.