I think I'm done with ecigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butters80

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Boise, ID
Stay strong in your willingness to be analogue free. We're all taking the journey with vaping. I know a lot of folks(myself included) that were in your spot. It takes a bit to get things dialed in.... & sometimes when you think you have vaping figured out, a new woe comes up. But for any woe, there are threads on this forum and knowledgable people to get you and/or your setup back on track. Herumph for the suggestions of trying juice at a b&m. You might Find juice you like and then perhaps try ordering the flavor from a less expensive vendor online. Good luck, hang in there....it gets oh so much better! :vapor:

Winchester

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Califorina
It's very easy to go back to analogies It's harder to make a go of it but, the pay off is great. I was very lucky because of my son and this forum. If you do a little research and ask for help on this forum you will get where you want to be in no time. I have not smoked in a year now. You will never regret it. Well that's my:2c: Hang In There!

AciDeX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So here's my thing, I have a smoktech winder 100 ah with an aerotank. I've been vaping for like 2 months. Quit cigs cold turkey and I loved vaping. Ran into quite a few problems, ordering juice I don't like and will never use, vapors tounge, ordering the wrong coils and maybe it's just me but my battery blows. Now I'm dealing with poor vapor production and faulty coils. It's just a headache lol its stressful.

That's a bummer, I bought a Smoktech winder two weeks ago. Maybe the tanks you're using are the culprit? I'm using Kanger T3s tanks and while they do flood from heavy use the vapor is pretty decent. I still haven't found a great adv either but have been trying a lot of flavors at the local shops near me and made my first ejuice online order earlier this week.

I also quit smoking cold turkey and while it is super tough I've made it further than any of my previous attempts. Today was probably my easiest day as far as dealing with a nic fit since I work in a high stress fast paced environment. Before quitting, after two hours under the gun I'd start to get pretty edgy, and today during lunch service while we were getting our butts kicked I still wanted my fix but I knew that my vape break was coming soon and I'd be just fine.

Vapers tongue sucks, I find that I have to drink twice as much water now. Chewing gum and brushing my teeth helps a lot too.

Even though I'm pretty new to this I'll agree that the smoktech winder isn't the greatest battery. It is pretty good at what it does though. I recommend looking at your other equipment before blaming this little mod. I caught a bit of a vapemail bug this week and ordered a MVP v2 and a protank2 mini so I can swap out devices and give the winder a break a couple days a week.

Hang in there and keep trying you'll find something that works!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

FourWinds

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2014
UK
I felt a little discouraged myself yesterday. All the EU bans on the way actually stressed me to the point where I thought I wanted an analogue; I tend to over ruminate sometimes you see.

I think it's worth hanging on through the poop op. There will be a time soon, maybe even with some of that dodgy stuff mixed together and aged just a few days, when you'll be a-sittin' down and vapin' feeling way way smug about how you have given the massive finger to the man, and are not being farmed any more. Stay with it brother, and you'll find some way tasty stuff and equipment that rocks it.

vaquino41981

Feb 21, 2014
FL
Keep trying^^

I was a pack a day smoker when I decided to try to quit, so I tried BLUs... no matter how crappy they were, I gotta give them credit because I stuck with them for a month and got me into vaping. Then I figured I needed a bigger battery and got a Vea since I liked the cherry flavor that BLU cartomizers had, I figured I'd give Johnson Creeks a try. It was definately a step up from the 200mah cig-a-like battery.

A few months later I found a B&M store and got my 1st mod, an eVic. I especially like the way the store was friendly and you could try the juices before you buy. They hooked me up with a few decent juices and my introduction to clearo tanks. At this point I was pretty satisfied with vaping and confident that I can now convince my wife to also quit smoking and vape as an alternative.

A year later after stalking youtube and forums like this I am more aware of what's out there vape-wise. Now I build my own coils, DIY my own juice, and mostly make 0-2% juices compared to 24% when I started. Your post was the main reason I signed up in the forums so I can post my story and hope to prevent you from giving up. I was a smoker for almost 20 years and vaping as an alternative was a little rough in the beginning, but once I found my ideal setup it was a piece of cake! Not to mention my lungs feel good and I don't smell like an ash tray.

Keep at it, with info from communities like this and maybe a B&M shop, your vaping experience can get only better.

Todd400

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2014
Dayton Ohio
I went from a itaste Leo , to a VV3.0 and a MVP2.0 within 10 days or so lol, I run ARO bottom coil Pyrex tanks on the VV & MVP and couldn't be happier , the adjustability brings the flavor out I. Different juices quite well, I went from a pack of reds a day for over twenty years to loving cinnamon frost & colada menthol in my rigs, don't give up !!!

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
So here's my thing, I have a smoktech winder 100 ah with an aerotank. I've been vaping for like 2 months. Quit cigs cold turkey and I loved vaping. Ran into quite a few problems, ordering juice I don't like and will never use, vapors tounge, ordering the wrong coils and maybe it's just me but my battery blows. Now I'm dealing with poor vapor production and faulty coils. It's just a headache lol its stressful.

You've done what most everyone here wanted. To quit cigarettes cold turkey and stay off them. I congratulate on your success .

jwoode

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2014
East Coast
About that assortment of juice you don't like.

I did the same thing, then I read about steeping.
I lined them up on a shelf, with the tops popped off of the bottles to let them air.
Left them sitting like that for over a week.

It helped a lot for some of them.
I also played with mixing them up with juice I liked better.
Save the ones that are just plain nasty for fire ants.

Now I'm making my own and that is working out much better for me.

chunkystan

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2013
angouleme,france
stick with it ,with all the info onthis forum I'm sure you'll find a solution.I have to bear out what others have said regarding vaping technical issues.I've had juices that were the "mutts nuts'' & after a month ,tasted like the mutts nuts!! (figure of speech,I love my dog but not that much!!) clearo's not hitting the mark ,batteries dieing on me.For my all day vaping I love the good 'ol kanger t2's (cheap replacement coils) on a vision spinner & evenings have my vamo2 & i clear 30,this combination works for me but everyone has different tastes.read on,keep experimenting & I'm sure you'll find the right combination.

Papajohns

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
LB, CA, USA
About that assortment of juice you don't like.

I did the same thing, then I read about steeping.
I lined them up on a shelf, with the tops popped off of the bottles to let them air.
Left them sitting like that for over a week.

If you leave the top off for more than a day, you will start to lose flavor. Steeping and breathing are 2 different things. Steeping is just letting them sit.

NtvTxn72

Feb 21, 2014
Moody, TX
Go to a B&M. People come to me all the time asking "what are you smoking," and I always tell them to go to a particular store here in our town. When I hear people say that the local tobacco shop carries vape pens for cheap, I again tell them that they need to go to an actual vapor store. There is a huge difference when you actually get a quality set up that works for you.

MouseV

Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Garland, TX
Congrats on getting off analogs!!!! I have been analog free for over 3 months and with vaping, I know I will stay that way. The Vape World can be extremely overwhelming as there are so many choices to choose from.

I got myself a MVP2 on Tuesday and it has really brightened my experience!!! (I started vaping with an eGo starter kit). Juices have more flavor and better flavor - all I am using is my Protank 2 minis right now. As you can tell by my signature, I have saved over $1000 by not smoking. I am currently waiting for an Aspire Nautilus to arrive since all I have read is great reviews and the Aurora BFT just cause I like dripping (the flavor is best with dripping!!) and thought I would give this automatic feed system a try. I spent less than $50 for both of my recent purchases.

The point is.....it is all about what you yourself is ready for. Shop the sales, purchase samplers from juice companies, sample juices at a local vape store and have fun!! And LOVE this forum....it will be your best friend from here on out. The wealth of information, tutorials, resources, and advice is bar none! There is so much to learn and experience about vaping. It's like opinions....you take in what you want and discard the rest. It is what is best for YOU to stay analog free. Everyone is different.

sputtertoo

Nov 6, 2013
ABQ
Man do I ever know that feeling, I had quit smoeking and my wife had picked up vaping to quit herself. Well she blew through so many types of batteries and methods of delivery it was dizzying and a bit unsettling as far money goes. But she kept at it trying to find what she liked. She found a vendor that she liked and I started vaping 0 Nic with her old cigalikes, she had dumped. It worked well until, had a problem with that vendor and we had to go through another phase of finding her satisfactory hardware. Stress in lifemade me want to pick up smoeking again. So I got a Smoktech 900 Mah passthrough and used some of her old clearos and carto tanks. That worked for a minute, but I wanted more so I branched out and spent a bit on finding the flavors I liked with the new places we ordered from.

It's definitely a lot more work than smoeking analogs, but man once you find your sweet spot, so worth it, and tasty. If the smoktechs aren't working for you, I wasn't happy with mine, I'd say give vision spinner's a try those were my last two batteries before I got my ProVari for xmas, I liked them a lot more than my smoktech and even my joyetech twist. I also liked Pro Tank 2's since I needed a glass tank, but didn't feel like trying carto tanks again, since the last one's I tried were really fiddly and tended to leak. I also keep my old Kanger T3S's and MT3's around since I've got a few coils to use and I have yet to get enough tanks to replace them all. Im very ADD when it comes to juice, I tend to swap out flavors at least 2x a day.

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
Vapure, The vapor chef, and MT Baker Vapor in my opinion have the best juices, MT Bakers are the best priced, but anything I get there I steep for a week cap off in a dark cupboard. shake once or twice a day. if there is a local vape shop talk to someone there, or hang around and ask some of the customers if they don't mind, or just request opinions here, everybody here seems to be willing to give all the help you need and any support they can. I've been vaping since christmas, am using a 1100mah variable battery with a clearomizer (sp) tank sometimes or a HH357 atomizer for times I feel like a short change, but mostly I use an Aspire BDC pyrex tank. I just ordered a Tesla mod, after looking at many of them and reading everything I could about them here and any website that had info. HANG IN THERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread