I think I'm done with ecigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazewitch

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2014
Miami,FL
I felt the same way months ago - I began this venture with the curiosity of an Ego/Evod pen style on Ebay. Bought them and then went to my local vape shop here in Miami. Their slogan(as is with so many vape vendors) is that you can quit smoking and start vaping. Easier said than done.

Once I did all of my research(you need to do as much resaerch on this subject as possible,dont believe all the hype. Find out for yourself) I decided to buy a Vamo 3 and 5. Now things began to take a different perspective as my vapes became better and fuller to my satisfaction. Then I started viewing all the videos on youtube(so much crap on vaping is on youtube that it would fill the diameter of the earth many times over) but still, I found a few reviewers that truly are experts in this field and started learning from them.

What is occurring to you I would term "preliminary fracture of the senses" - meaning you have become over whelmed and inundated with too much vaping information, resulting in your stance to back away from it. I should know because this happen to me.

Apart from the fact that you can obtain much knowledge to your liking right here on the forum by just posting questions and getting the answers, you may need to just simplify your vaping habit a bit(at least for now). Forget about recoils and mods. Find a simpler way to just enjoy vaping.

here's my suggestion, buy a simple Ego twist/Joyetech, get a simple protank, and buy your coils for awhile(Vapor Alley is a good source online)

then, concentrate on which/what Ejuice you are interested in. Then from there find a reputable Ejuice vendor(Backwoods Brew and Mt baker vapor come to mind)

In all, vaping (it seems) is safer than analogs(cigarettes), at least that is what we are led to believe with all the fancy science and taking heads on youtube. Stick with it and just enjoy it. as always, there is support on here for you.

have a great weekend

Xavier

jwoode

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2014
East Coast
If you leave the top off for more than a day, you will start to lose flavor. Steeping and breathing are 2 different things. Steeping is just letting them sit.

I didn't know that.. but in my case it really did help.. maybe they needed to lose flavor.
they were vile when I opened them.. a week of airing helped them a lot.

Simply Red

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I'm here, when I'm here

Simply Red

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I'm here, when I'm here

TRoxx

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
NY
So here's my thing, I have a smoktech winder 100 ah with an aerotank. I've been vaping for like 2 months. Quit cigs cold turkey and I loved vaping. Ran into quite a few problems, ordering juice I don't like and will never use, vapors tounge, ordering the wrong coils and maybe it's just me but my battery blows. Now I'm dealing with poor vapor production and faulty coils. It's just a headache lol its stressful.
but..
Imagine how much more stressful it would be..
If you went back to smoking real cigarettes and eventually was diagnosed with lung cancer.
You would have to deal with doctors and insurance companies and take medicines and go for chemotherapy etc etc..

Choose wisely..
Right now you are frustrated with a simple device that could actually be life saving

Botomline

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
NOVA
Best thing I ever did when I started was buy one of those starter kits. Absolutely terrible. But it taught me what I don't want. Walked into the local B&M, showed it to them and told them what I didn't like and what I wanted. Walked out with a setup that got me off cigs for good from that day on and I've been very pleased.

Sometimes you have to fail to succeed.

Brandon3000

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Chicago
Hang in there man. I was in the same boat. I went with a kanger protank 2 on my ego c twist style battery. As far as juices, I hated A LOT that was out there... Until I came across the vapor chef. I haven't tried a flavor that I didn't like. My two favorites from him are Hobbes blood and honey pearry. True bliss. Hang in there. There are a lot of things to experiment with. Just see what you like. Try out the vapor chef.

Robmidi

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
Fresno, CA, USA
Stay the course, Zombie!
I went down the exact same path you are. I started with V2 Kr808d-1s with pre-filled cartos. Didn't like their flavors. Had to have 5 batteries in rotation because I was a two pack a day-er. Then my son said "get with it and get at least an eGo C-twist or something like that. Did that and ran mini BCCs on them (or ce-4s). Turns out I don't like top coils. Then I got a Sigelei Zmax V5 kit that came with a Protank and had more control over things. Then mini Protank 2's (love 'em), then I bumped into the Aspire ET-S bottom dual coil glassomizer with either 1.8 or 2.1 ohm coils. That's when I knew I had my hardware down.

Then I was ordering this and that flavor from everywhere and (based on reviews) found that taste is very subjective, as some that had five stars I thought were yuk. Turns out I bumped into this flavor called "Dirty Ashtray" and thought, now why would anyone want to vape something nasty like that? Needless to say, I didn't order any. Turns out I like fruit flavors and tropical ones at that.

I've had the vapers tongue thing and the dry mouth. Drink lots of liquids and if your tongue goes dead, change flavors. Then I began to notice that when my favorite flavor wasn't tasting right that my coil needed replacement, and that's all it took to get back in the groove.

I've been through some very stressful times since I started vaping and not once have I had the urge for an analog. Nada, zip, zilch! Hang in there--you CAN do it!

Last edited:

chunkluv

Feb 5, 2014
Ohio
Happened here too. I'm happy now though. I bought a lot of different stuff, but I think that is just part of finding what you like. My setup that I am happy with is Nautilus Aspire tank and Provari. As far as juices go, I like Mt. Baker and Free State Vapor is my favorite, I highly recommend them. Stuff I was frustrated/disappointed with is Virgin Vapor and Protank 3.

LATimes

Feb 22, 2014
Los Angeles
I've learned to just keep it simple at first (I'm a year in and still keep it simple ). Grab yourself a ego twist 1000mah battery, a couple kanger t3s or protanks, and your good to go. For heavy VG juices take a flavor wick out of the kanger ( see vids) and it will be great. Once you are comfy with this start trying new stuff if you feel like it. Make sure to dry burn your kanger every couple tanks

Ind1

Jan 28, 2014
USA
I was in your shoes until I recd my package....

Best E Cigarette | Buy Electronic Cigarettes | E Cig Juice - MT Baker Vapor

*****(All 5-star ratings)*****
1 x Green Apple E Juice Baker Vapor
1 x Guava E Juice Baker Vapor
1 x Pear E Juice Baker Vapor
1 x Butterscotch E Juice Baker Vapor
1 x Cinnamon Roll E Juice Baker Vapor
1 x Extreme Ice E Juice Baker Vapor
1 x Hawk Sauce E Juice Baker Vapor

1 x Kanger Replacement Coil 5 pack for Protank 2, mini Protank 2, Unitank and Evod
1 x SmokTech Ego Winder Variable Voltage (1100 mah)
1 x Kanger Mini Protank-2

Hang in there...

I'm keeping it simple & sticking w this vendor.
They have everything you need, good prices, rated products, excellent customer service & a decent website.

kadkins11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I used the winder 1300 for a month without many problems. 2 weeks ago I bought the MVP 2.0 and man what a world of difference! Having the ability to adjust the power makes all the difference! I use smoktech vivi nova knock offs that I get at a local B&M and they work great! Don't give up! I was a 2 PAD smoker for 35 years and haven't had an analog since the day I started vaping! It was the best decision I've ever made!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread