Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
My current fantasy is to win the lottery so I can fill enough greyhound buses with grayhaired vapers chanting WE LIKE FLAVORS to bring washington DC to a complete standstill. A bus at every intersection, right in the middle of it!
I really love this idea. But then for years now I have always thought this would come down to civil disobedience or a million vaper march.
If I won the lottery I would definitely consider funding such an effort myself, but I only play the lottery but a few times a year.

As it stands, if anyone DOES win the lottery and wants to fund this, I will gladly contribute.
I have probably donated more money to vaping causes than I have to my favorite charities over the years.

But I still have to make sure to keep some money flowing to ASPCA, Meals on Wheels, Toys for Tots, and the Humane Society.
They just aren't getting as much as they used to get.

I hope that turns out to be a good move, rather than a wasted effort.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Try some Halo Belgian Cocoa.
:)

Got some... I'm terrifically underwhelmed. However, I do have a dripper now, so maybe it will actually have some *taste* from that, rather that just a yummy smell and no taste at all.

I tried this experiment earlier with some French Vanilla I got from MyFreedomSmokes, which, in a tank, also had a great smell and a blah taste with a weird aftertaste. From the Caterpillar it wasn't bad at all. So maybe there's hope for the Belgian Cocoa too.

Andria

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Whew! What answers! Keep them coming. :ohmy:

Andria, aren't long suffering hubbies giddy with appreciation? :) Mine who also never smoked says, "Spend! Spend! Whatever keeps you vaping." :D

Now I've got to go and digest what you smart people said......may take awhile. :facepalm:
My wife smoked a bit in college, mostly while drinking, but it never took hold.

I smoked a fair amount through high school and college, mostly while drinking but also more than that.
But it really never took hold in that I HAD to have it.

Except for that first one in the morning, which was mandatory in ways that fulfill the full definition of mandatory.
I say that because anyone wanting to prevent or delay that first cigarette would be taking their lives into their own hands.

But the rest of the day I was mostly cool.

But I still wanted to smoke, more for the ritual and behavioral aspects than the nicotine.
But the nicotine wasn't exactly a turn-off either I have to admit.

Anyway, though I only smoked about 7 cigarettes per day, my wife wanted me to quit because of the stink.
I didn't believe in the stink, because I held my cigarette at arms-length and made sure to stay downwind of the smoke.

I was only fooling myself though.
I surely was not fooling her.

So when e-cigs came along I moved quickly to this new way of satisfying the VARIOUS things that smoking gave me.
The list of which is quite long, and of which nicotine was only a small part.

Anyway, I no longer stink, which makes my wife pretty darn happy.
And I no longer wheeze, which makes me pretty darn happy.

And yes, though I only smoked about 7 cigarettes per day, I did that for about 27 years.
And nobody is more surprised than I am that I was wheezing in the first place, let alone that it stopped after about one week of vaping.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
This is in a market where some vapers are paying $200-$300 for a battery mod, and $100-$200 for a topper.

Woah. Not THIS vaper! I'm trying to spend less than I did on smoking, not more! :p I really wish there was a "VapeMart" or some such. :D Oh wait, there is... too bad it's 5 wks shipping away from us... :(

My take is that BT and BP can't buy a clue, and are as large of bureaucracies as say the FDA....:facepalm:

Yep. I'm guessing they have to take a memo to run a focus group on taking a memo... :D Large corporations never seem to get that the very largeness of the corporation is completely counter-efficient -- not only do right and left not know what the other is doing, they're not really even aware that the other exists or might be doing something useful.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Andria, aren't long suffering hubbies giddy with appreciation? :) Mine who also never smoked says, "Spend! Spend! Whatever keeps you vaping." :D

Mine seems to feel much the same. I think he also enjoys it from the typical-male "this is cool technology" standpoint. MadVapes opened a store not far from my home, and we went up there a few weeks ago, and he seemed as enthralled as I was, to see all this stuff in person, instead of in an online catalog.

I could tell he was really tempted by those e-cigars that actually *look* like cigars. But, he ditched the Black n Milds when his doc told him that she thought his chest x-ray showed "perhaps" the beginnings of "borderline COPD", so I think he doesn't want to open a can of worms that's already firmly closed. And I guess he figures that any vape budget ought to be just for me, so I can stay off the cigarettes -- he is LOVING that. I always smoked in the truck, and even with the window down, he could barely breathe or talk. Now I can vape it up in there till it looks like a steamroom, and he goes right on talking, singing.. breathing! :thumb:

Andria

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
DC2 and Andria, seems like we got some mates that we FINALLY realized are ready for sainthood. :rolleyes: Of course, we musta done something right to keep them hanging around......and I ain't going there! ;) except hubbs still thinks his clean and folded underwear just magically grows in his underwear drawer. :laugh: But, hey, marriage is a series of trade offs......Wonder what kind of trade offs we'll have to make with the FDA......:confused:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
DC2 and Andria, seems like we got some mates that we FINALLY realized are ready for sainthood. :rolleyes: Of course, we musta done something right to keep them hanging around......and I ain't going there! ;) except hubbs still thinks his clean and folded underwear just magically grows in his underwear drawer. :laugh: But, hey, marriage is a series of trade offs......Wonder what kind of trade offs we'll have to make with the FDA......:confused:

I dunno, but you see the line I added to my sig. I am NOT going back to cigalikes, they can kiss my shiny hiney. I've got the hardware and I plan to get a lot more in the next 2 yrs, I can now build my own coils, and I'll be packing in a nice motherlode of 100mg nicotine too. If I have to buy my Virginia ejuice as zero nic, then I will, and add my own nicotine to it.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Not me. I might do an audio-only thing, but I'm much too ugly for video. I'd rather preserve my mystique. ;) Better yet, I can write letters like nobody's business, and writing is by far my preferred means of communication -- why do you think I like a forum so much? :D I'm actually quite shy and reserved, but writing seems to remove that from me, sometimes to my infinite chagrin. :blush:

I'm just waiting for the next Call to Action, whatever that is. And getting really, really annoyed with the IRS; for the form we had to file, it says processing time is "up to 14 weeks." Today was 15 weeks since we filed. So I'm P.O.ed with more of the gov't than just the FDstupidA. I know that CASAA needs money now of all possible times, while all this legal crap is going on, but until we get that refund, I just don't have it to give. :(

Andria

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
It wouldn't surprise me a bit granny if BP is trying to up their presence in light of 1) ecig's rising popularity and 2) growing acceptance by insurance to cover under certain enefits.

As for BT/BV getting more into the picture on advanced units, I've seen where Mistic has eGo/CE4 combos out at WalMart now, and Njoy is releasing one as well.
ANd never forget Johnson creek has had a similar system for awhile now and they are closely tied to BT.

I would not be at all surprised if those folks (NJoy Mystic and JC) all know something we do not.

Last edited:

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
I dunno, but you see the line I added to my sig. I am NOT going back to cigalikes, they can kiss my shiny hiney. I've got the hardware and I plan to get a lot more in the next 2 yrs, I can now build my own coils, and I'll be packing in a nice motherlode of 100mg nicotine too. If I have to buy my Virginia ejuice as zero nic, then I will, and add my own nicotine to it.

Andria

What's the shelf life for nicotine?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
See the advice of our resident chemist, Kurt, in this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-check-my-math-before-i-buy.html#post11484802

(short answer: at least 4-5 years in glass bottles, if very clean)

Kurt:
" I have 4 year old nic in mine that is unchanged, and I expect it to last many more years. VG nic has a better track record for long term freezer storage than PG nic, but if the nic is pure (clear, colorless and almost tasteless) it should be fine indefinitely.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Kurt:
" I have 4 year old nic in mine that is unchanged, and I expect it to last many more years. VG nic has a better track record for long term freezer storage than PG nic, but if the nic is pure (clear, colorless and almost tasteless) it should be fine indefinitely.
Indefinitely. That's the idea I subscribe to if bottled and stored properly.
Or at least 10 years, which ever comes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread