Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Maybe you all should start dropping your istick 50W... I dropped mine 3 times in the same day 2 days after getting it, incredibly hard, on cement, and it has been working flawlessly ever since (got it on a coop pre sale).

Funny you should say that since I found out on Reddit that something similar was how to stop that auto-firing. Just smack it hard! LOL. It worked.

poetruck

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2015
Lecompton, KS
Easy man, the ipv 4 has also had to recall and change the charge ports from fire risk

Several companies have admitted to not using the correct port for the higher power models of their devices

before attacking people do a bit of research

Forums around the world are discussing this

forum.totallywicked-eliquid.com/totally-wicked-news/istick-50w-statement/

And eleaf is in total cooperation. There not even denying it
yeah but they didn't replace mine after several emails. I had mine exactly one month. Sucks!

Reactions: Ohm Gnome

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
First of all I'm not a man, and not attacking anyone.

The Istick is the only battery I use, I have 4 of them, and have no complains, what so ever.

Why "attack" Eleaf without any evidence what so ever?
Show it to me.
For you or anyone to just write it down, means nothing to me.
Thank you.
Gee, maybe take a second and read the link I posted. A major vendor set up a no questionds asked replacement policy, AND is working directly with eleaf Over the issue.

Kinds hard to pretend we made it up when they actually acknowledge the issues huh

Your welcome

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Ouch. That's a tough one. But still I think the crux of this is the specific problems, the extent of those that have had the problems, not merely that there are problems.

Exactly -- I've seen one or two posts about problems with the 20w or 30w, but hordes and hordes of problems with the 50w.

Andria

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
This thread got heated a bit since my nap lol. I'll just say what I said before, that I'm not recommending them (the 50w) ever again. Regardless of the fact that your personal mod is working perfectly, the rate of failure and catastrophic failure has been way, way, way too high. No other reason is needed imo.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I'll keep recommending the iStick 50 Watt. Mostly, just because it's awesome. There are very few other options that offer a similar feature set anywhere near the iStick's price. My wife's and my iStick 50's have worked perfectly since purchase a few months ago.

My wife is the general manager of our friend's local vapor store. The store has sold nearly 700 iStick 50 Watt mods since it's initial release. Of those 700 iStick 50's, less then 10 of them have been replaced by the store for defects.

With this type of product which is prone to abuse and misuse, I consider those pretty damn good odds.

Recommend me a mod that's better then the 50 Watt iStick, then give me 60 seconds to find a thread on the internet with some guy complaining about how terrible it is.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Funny you should say that since I found out on Reddit that something similar was how to stop that auto-firing. Just smack it hard! LOL. It worked.
Lol I dropped mine and it's all good. Dropped my mvp, which is a tank no doubt, but the connector pushed up a bit and now my tanks don't sit flush. I'm afraid if I take it apart I'll mess something up lol.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
FWIW, I purchased my iStick 50 the third week of February, and have had zero issues with it. I was using it every single day as my sole mod until I started on my mod buying spree beginning towards the end of March. Since I have so many mods now, my wife took it and now she is using it. Granted she doesn't use it much (maybe 0.5 ml a day), but still no issues with it at all.

poetruck

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2015
Lecompton, KS
I'll keep recommending the iStick 50 Watt. Mostly, just because it's awesome. There are very few other options that offer a similar feature set anywhere near the iStick's price. My wife's and my iStick 50's have worked perfectly since purchase a few months ago.

My wife is the general manager of our friend's local vapor store. The store has sold nearly 700 iStick 50 Watt mods since it's initial release. Of those 700 iStick 50's, less then 10 of them have been replaced by the store for defects.

With this type of product which is prone to abuse and misuse, I consider those pretty damn good odds.

Recommend me a mod that's better then the 50 Watt iStick, then give me 60 seconds to find a thread on the internet with some guy complaining about how terrible it is.
I felt the same way you did for the 29 days that mine worked lol

Burn1ngChrome

Apr 17, 2015
Just Curious:

Can someone tell me of a Company that has Not had a Problem with one of their APV's?

Most products of any kind are probably gonna see some issues, i think its important to specify hazardous problems. That said, i havent heard of innokin having problems eith their APVs that caused any sort of hazard

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI

This isn't just "some guy on the internet complaining" level of problem here. It's mods catching on fire, due directly to poor quality control and/or design. Complaints are to be expected. Fires are not. Regulated mods should not catch on fire. I'm happy that there have been few returns at your friend's store, and also happy that yours has been fine. That being said, I don't personally recommend them and will not in the future.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
oh dear me I suppose I shall have to ferret out the bad things that can create issues I only own eleaf I have two 20s and one 50 they work I would prefer not to get myself in a stew I think the little gizmos were somewhere around 35 to 50 Canadian dollars each. I bought them specifically because they are supposedly safe -no firing if the coils are not happy ohm wise and long battery life before recharging. it has been a learning curve figuring out the vaping lingo, making a coil or two and figuring out a little info on juices. I looked at the provari but seems to me it is extremely pricey bought the fifty because all the coils I made kept coming up at just under 1 ohm so wouldn't fire the drippers on the 20s. Living in Canada, out of the megatropolis of southern Ontari, one is lucky to have any choice re equipment.

I don't want to spend money on more batteries and I have been told there are duds galore on various pieces of equipment. I paid 57 dollars for a useless kayfun 4 clone and haven't done anything other than pour juice on myself. The 20's work with my mini and my evod tank the 50 works with the dripper so far they work for me. It is disheartening though to buy something that is a piece of junk, probably should have returned the kayfun 4 clone to the store but I dismantled it so many times I just said f... it and considered it a learning lesson. For a few weeks I couldn't get the nautilaus mini to work without leaking -finally bought new coils so just assume I had a dud batch but maybe it was me and the way I vaped or filled or cleaned, perhaps quality control is lacking in much of the equipment and because there is so darn much variety it is hard for a beginner to have any idea at all what is good and what is not and quite truly here in Canada we often get products that cannot quite cut the mustard in the U.S. of A.

I suppose if I would have seen or even known about this forum prior to my purchases I might and I say, might have received some wise advise from the members here but being such a new vaper probably wouldn't have known which was which anyway . Perhaps there is currently no such thing as the holy grail of vaping equipment and you just take your chances, I guess I will stay with what I have for as long as it works otherwise I will end up spending more on shiny new things than I did on smokes.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I'm just really glad I decided to get the 30w -- mainly from reading all the horror stories here at ECF about the 50s!

Lots of folks have had problems with the button on sigelei zmax's... I never have, despite fairly hard use. I'm grateful for that, but recognize that it's somewhat unusual -- those buttons going south is a definite trend.

Just as you can have bad mods in a trend of good ones, you can also have good mods within a trend of bad ones.

Andria

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
I just woke up today and decided I'm bored. Think I'll lie about Eleaf. Wow. If it blows up on anyone attacking me for being honest I hope you don't post about it. While I will have empathy, I will not have sympathy. I got it before lurking here. Someone who had vaped for years like Embrl recommended it to this rookie then. But I refuse to continue that trend. Even things I love like the Herakles, I tell people it does spit. I may be a rookie in a certain persons eyes but I prefer that over Vaping Snob any ole day of the week. And I'm sorry I got a bit testy but I didn't until provoked. And I'm the type that after i've "vaped for years" I will still be the gentleman I am now. Some people could be holding one that burst into flames and still deny any problem on here. The people that need this message will get it. The people with hard heads, well they'll continue to have hard heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread