I think we need to STOP recommending a Istick 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
I just woke up today and decided I'm bored. Think I'll lie about eleaf. Wow. If it blows up on anyone attacking me for being honest I hope you don't post about it. While I will have empathy, I will not have sympathy. I got it before lurking here. Someone who had vaped for years like Embrl recommended it to this rookie then. But I refuse to continue that trend. Even things I love like the Herakles, I tell people it does spit. I may be a rookie in a certain persons eyes but I prefer that over vaping Snob any ole day of the week. And I'm sorry I got a bit testy but I didn't until provoked. And I'm the type that after i've "vaped for years" I will still be the gentleman I am now. Some people could be holding one that burst into flames and still deny any problem on here. The people that need this message will get it. The people with hard heads, well they'll continue to have hard heads
It's pretty obvious that some people will not change their minds, and that's not surprising. It's no fun when people are less than gentlemanly about stuff. We can disagree and not devolve to that level. Personal opinion, etc, but I think it does no one any favors.

Reactions: Ohm Gnome

freeall

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Canada
Maybe it's just me, but anything with a long track record of blowing up or whatever the thing does, I wouldn't go anywhere near it. I don't care how cheap it is to buy. I'm not gonna put somthing up to my face, knowing in the back in my mind this thing may explode.

This whole thing with people buying things cause the price was good. It blows me away.

Vape to live.

Martnargh

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Miami
I wouldnt recommend anything with a built in battery, period.
Batteries die, then the product is deemed useless.
I also wouldnt recommend any products with a dark history. One idiot misusing a device is one thing but when its mass hysteria, that product sucks.
Finally, i wouldnt recommend anyone go for the cheapest products possible, imo vaping aint cheap and you cant afford to flake out on the good .....
Anyway you can get a mech clone, a good battery and charger for the price of one of those and itd hit better than 50 funky watts.
If they werent hating, i most definitely was :)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I just woke up today and decided I'm bored. Think I'll lie about Eleaf. Wow. If it blows up on anyone attacking me for being honest I hope you don't post about it. While I will have empathy, I will not have sympathy. I got it before lurking here. Someone who had vaped for years like Embrl recommended it to this rookie then. But I refuse to continue that trend. Even things I love like the Herakles, I tell people it does spit. I may be a rookie in a certain persons eyes but I prefer that over Vaping Snob any ole day of the week. And I'm sorry I got a bit testy but I didn't until provoked. And I'm the type that after i've "vaped for years" I will still be the gentleman I am now. Some people could be holding one that burst into flames and still deny any problem on here. The people that need this message will get it. The people with hard heads, well they'll continue to have hard heads

FYI, even after you've vaped for years, someone will always try and one-up you. It's just how some people need to be. And you're not a "rookie", you're a vaper. Vape on, bruh!

I wouldnt recommend anything with a built in battery, period.
Batteries die, then the product is deemed useless.
I also wouldnt recommend any products with a dark history. One idiot misusing a device is one thing but when its mass hysteria, that product sucks.
Finally, i wouldnt recommend anyone go for the cheapest products possible, imo vaping aint cheap and you cant afford to flake out on the good ****.
Anyway you can get a mech clone, a good battery and charger for the price of one of those and itd hit better than 50 funky watts.
If they werent hating, i most definitely was :)

There is something so satisfying with a *good* mechanical -- and knowing safe practices -- that the most concern you might have is keeping threads and contacts clean.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
It seems new vapers have been convinced high power and low ohms are required to vape properly; and clouds...
It's the current trend, definitely. I've got to say that im pretty happy with it. I still use lower wattage at times, but it doesn't give me the same sensation as my lungs filling up. It's all about personal preferences.

Martnargh

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Miami
It seems new vapers have been convinced high power and low ohms are required to vape properly; and clouds...
I started on cigalikes and gennys then experimented with a few clearos until i started using rbas.
I dont mean to brag about the years under my belt, thats petty nonsense. What i mean is that even with my time around the block i am also convinced that you need low ohm and high watts to vape proper [emoji14]

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
istick mini FTW :thumbs: Dont be irresponsible with your vape. Dont charge your vape unattended. I keep seeing all these geniuses who think they can decide who to boycott in the vape world.

Its just stupid and thats my opinion
I can't find the thread ATM, but if I remember right the guy had the vape in his bedroom and was in the bathroom When it caught on fire. And it's not a boycott, more of a PSA lol.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
these 50w iSticks probably won't even be on the market one year from now ... there will be a bunch of new cheap chinese 50-300w box mods that will become all the latest rage.

For me, I prefer to use a device that I know will never fire on it's own, catch fire or explode.

IMO, a safe vape is the best vape.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I wouldn't personally recommend them.
Serious issues too numerous to ignore.
Company acknowledges there is a serious, dangerous problem, but doesn't bother offering returns or recalling dangerous products.

"Buy more.. We fixed the problem with the 'new batch' " isn't an acceptable solution to a possibly dangerous situation.
If I were a B&M that sold them I would send my inventory back for new stock.
If they refused to honor that I'd never order again.

If it were a non dangerous issue it would be one thing, but an auto firing mod that's the new hot ticket for newbies is IMHO a disaster waiting to happen.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
I like how the people that use these, just plead ignorance when this topic comes up. People act like it's not a big deal.
You'll find that in anything. It's not just vaping. People have to defend their choices, and it gets personal. it's way worse in things that cost more (llooking at you, people that have an Android and hate Apple).

Reactions: stevegmu

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
What can I say ? I guess there will always be people who like playing Russian Roulette . I don't and I don't want to nudge other people to do it. For the ones who love theirs, I'm glad yours is good. But I don't know why you don't understand a lot of these are not good. A badly diseased Apple tree still can produce a few good ones but the harvest as a whole is lost.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I have 3 of them. They are functioning as intended (so far). However, I'm not recommending them at this time due to others' issues.

However, I will continue to use them because they work, and I'm not going to sell a potential problem to someone else. If they go during the 90 day warranty, hopefully I'll get better ones. If they go after that, but the batteries are still good, I'll match them up with another board because I do like the battery packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread