Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I didn't quit completely when I first started vaping. I'd say it's Ok if someone feels the urge to do so. The biggest sense of anxiety came from "being out of cigs." For many weeks I never wanted to be out, but over time the pack lasted longer and longer and the anxiety faded. I didn't even finish the last analog I lit.

Cavediver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Buford, Ga
I didn't even finish the last analog I lit.

My last was 10 hours, 12 beers, and 0 analogs after I bought my first eGo kit. I lit it up right before I retired for the night. I remember wondering if I could do it (quit), and if I would miss it. I also remember that last one not living up to my expectations, and then putting it out about halfway through.

You could always get an e-cigar , and try out something like an oak barrel cider with it.

Having a cigar or a clove is something I struggled with at first too until I found an awesome clove juice (from MBV) and it really does taste about 90% the same as a Djarum Black. I was blown away. It was the first time I actually thought to myself "this tastes like a smoke."
I don't think I care about the form factor, so much as the actual taste, smell, and process of smoking the cigar. I've been looking at the cigar flavors from Want-2-Vape, and will probably order a sample kit soon. I've also got a couple of DIY extracts brewing, but that's a whole different story. I guess the only way I'll know is to give it a good try and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up on the MBV clove juice. I'm not a big fan of cloves, but maybe it's something that would take the (mental?) edge off instead of having a cigar.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
I don't know how you can consider yourself NOT a team vapor player,,,,,

I mean, you tried it, and you didn't think it was so bad,,,,,,,,,,but you didn't go running back to smoking up a storm either,,,,,

It's like an old love,,,,,,lol,,,,,,

you know you really don't love them anymore when you just don't care one way or the other :)

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
......... Back in the day, if I so much as SAW someone smoking, it made me want to light up. I gave myself what I call "The Smokers Pat-Down". Pat your pocket for your lighter while the other hand looks for your pack of smokes. Don't find your lighter in it's normal place; the search becomes more frantic. Not so anymore..................

This is EXACTLY right.
Reminds me of the first few weeks of vaping. While driving, I'd pat down the passenger seat, looking for my smokes. Not so long ago, if I didn't find them in a couple of seconds, instant PANIC......occasionally I even had to pull over to the the side of the road to find my smokes.

Having tried to quit the traditional ways (cold turkey, patch, nic gum, etc.), I would have to avoid smokers for fear of that PANIC attack. (This is the very definition of addiction, no???)

NO MORE! Knowing that there is a viable alternative that really works for a change has taken the fear and panic out of it. Even if I was tempted to try one (which, one of the more amazing things about vaping is that I have no desire at all to do so...), so WHAT? It would just be for comparison, or just to learn.

Be not afraid.:vapor:

the_maiden_fair

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
SD , USA
I guess I never liked the taste of analogs. I didn't want to quit either. I got a kit, and told myself that I had to at least cut back to recoup the loss for the kit, and I had to give it an honest try. I was also very fearful, because a relative died of pancreatic cancer, caused by (according to the dr.) cigarettes. My spouse still smoked at the time, and I was just fed up of ashes everywhere, burn holes, etc. After 3 days of vaping, I tried an analog. Much to my surprise, I hated it! A few weeks later, I could no longer stand being near the hubby after or while he smoked. I fought this for 1.5 years, until he decided to quit with the gum. He never liked the vape, and I couldn't push it on him. I tried another analog @ 9 months after quitting, and I hated that one as well. I guess I am just lucky. I don't even like tobacco flavored juices (never have).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread