• uploadfromtaptalk1415789554564.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415789554564.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 191

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
More wattage and more airflow. I run 100 watts and up on my mutation X. At 0.28 ohm you're at 63W on a fully charged battery. I've got up to the 140W (0.125 ohm) range before and the clouds are silly. I upped my resistance to be safer with my batteries and even at 0.14 (126W) I can still fog up any house-sized room in a few hits. The more wattage you're running (on a mech mod that means lower resistance) the hotter the vape is. The hotter the vape is, the more airflow you need to keep your atty from turning into a lip melter. Hope this helps.

ChrisBBacon

Nov 1, 2014
Kent UK
More wattage and more airflow. I run 100 watts and up on my mutation X. At 0.28 ohm you're at 63W on a fully charged battery. I've got up to the 140W (0.125 ohm) range before and the clouds are silly. I upped my resistance to be safer with my batteries and even at 0.14 (126W) I can still fog up any house-sized room in a few hits. The more wattage you're running (on a mech mod that means lower resistance) the hotter the vape is. The hotter the vape is, the more airflow you need to keep your atty from turning into a lip melter. Hope this helps.
What kinda kanthal or indeed other coiling material do u use/recommend to get these lower resistances I only have 30 gauge atm which I know is too thin for that kind of build

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
I run my efest 18650 at the pulse rating but I don't recommend anyone else do that.

And yes 30 gauge is too small for what you want. 28 minimum. I've ran 24 ga parallel coils before. That was the 140W range I mentioned. Right now I'm using 26ga dual parallels for 0.144 ohm.

Now, you could do two coils that are triple parallel with the 30ga to get a low resistance but I wouldn't wish that build on anyone. For me, thicker wire is easier to build with and dual parallels are hard enough.

ETA - Forgot you have a tri-coil RDA. Google "steam engine coil calculator" and see what the numbers look like for a hex coil using 30ga. Then build 3 coils that are dual parallel.

Last edited:

eyerhere

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Warren Mi
And probably will need different batteries as the 22650 efest are rated at 20 amp continuous which i think anything under 0.21 nudges over this although still well within the 50 amp pulse limit so maybe just a couple of goes won't hurt :s

.21 is 20 amps that is your bats absolute max. 50 amp pulse does not exist its fiction.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Ok first thing's first:

Many things come into play when you ask for clouds. Let's all start with battery safety. Dump the 20A rated battery and get a SAFER battery. Look for 30-35A rated batteries. Remember - the lower the resistance - the more power required off the battery. I use MNKE 26650's because they're rated for 30A Continuous Discharge Rating (CDR) and 60A Pulse Discharge Rating (PDR). In other words - high drain. As far as 18650's - I prefer the EFest 2500MaH 35A CDR batteries. Now, the second part of that is AIRFLOW. Without proper airflow, you will NOT get massive clouds and there's a few reasons for that - 1.) the vape will get super hot and you run the chance of injuring yourself. 2.) I'm no chemist, but the more air mixing with vaporizing liquid = fatter clouds? And finally for fatter clouds - you need the proper wire, wick, and juice. Now I've been doing this awhile. My favorite wire is obviously 20AWG Kanthal A-1. I like it because I can wrap less of it, get good surface area on less wraps, and it produces a more pronounced flavor IMO. You also begin sub-ohming at that level (see BATTERY SAFETY). As far as wick is concerned - I use cellucotton, but Japanese cotton works too. I just prefer those 2 wicking materials all due to the fact that they wick thicker juices which leads us to the last point. Juice. Higher VG juices = bigger clouds but normally carries less flavor. So try a higher VG blend (70VG / 30PG is what I vape on primarily, but I've been as high as 90VG / 10PG) and hopefully if you put all 3 concepts to the test, you'll be blowing fat clouds. As far as atomizers are concerned, with the market being oversaturated with ridiculously high priced atty's if you want a decent atty - that doesn't rack up a hefty price tag - as G-Weezy said, opt for a Mutation X or a Congrevape Doge RDA. Those have (again IMO) the correct airflow for cloud chasing. I personally like the Doge over the Mutation X but they're both good atty's to move into from an IGO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread