iAtty questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonayran

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
in a box.
Might be purchasing an iAtty from the classies soon.

Very new to rebuildable atomizers but I have been watching videos on how people build coils and it seems fairly easy.

My main questions are:

1. What type of resistance/no resistance wires do I need?

2. Do different wires give different ohm ratings? If so which wires give which ohm ratings.

3. Since COV is sold out of wicks and wires where would be a good place to purchase them from?

4. Do the gaps between the coils matter? If so why?

5. Does it matter how tightly I wrap the wick?

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
1 Most any resistance and no resistance wire will work in all of the GG rebuildables.
2 Yes sorry I don't have any numbers but there have been tons of threads on this and many vendors will tell you ohms per ft or meter.
3 Wire is easy. R wire look for Kanthal on e-bay and search the forums or google for sterling silver wire for your nr wire. Or you can buy from wires.co.uk they have an iatty page setup with a lot of good wires. I bought 50g of nr wire (.2mm nickel wire) and 50g of r wire (.16mm Nichrome) from them and have enough to about last a lifetime. As for wick people try a lot of different things (there are dozens of threads and posts on it here in the GG forum I recommend trying a search) but I recommend getting it from COV they should have some in stock soon.
4 The closer they are the easier it is to get more wraps inside the ceramic. As to any benefit from having the coils further apart I have never personally seen any benefit to it.
5 yes. Best advice I can give is you want the coils touching th wick but not choking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread