The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Iatty

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. lorderos33

lorderos33 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    FL
    I think maybe because the atomizer is under the juice, gravity may help to keep the mesh fed and therefor eliminates the need for a hollow wick. If that is how it is working then that is a great find indeed. I'll have to give that a go the next time I have to rebuild. The other nice thing about the mesh wick is that it doesn't break down with heat so you can torch it time after time to clean it and if you're careful the wick can last a very very long time :)

2. CarolCrocbag

CarolCrocbag Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2011
    Timperley
    Imeo finally warming to the SS wick?

Miss you friend, all the very best. :)

3. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    hi carol, we all missed you too. No, I dont suggest mesh, I just say that Iatty and Ody work with mesh too for people that like this style.
    I only suggest things that are certificated or things that are safe for sure. For example we all know that ceramic is safe, so I am trying to make a wickless style of Ody or Penelope using ceramic instead of wick.

I really dont know if mesh is healthy but I do know that is a haslle to make it. I am trying to make things easy to be handled from my users. Thats why I tried hard to make the first atomizer (Iatty) that doesnt need any tool but only your hands to make the wick-wire and now I am trying to make the Ody even more easier by grabbing (with the lower nut) only the one wire. The other wire doesnt need to be grabbed at all.

4. Huffelpuff

Huffelpuff Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    Philadelphia Burbs
    I like easy but also think it would be good to have different options to play with such as mesh to see what the best set ups are to maximize how we can use Odysseus. Can anyone bring forward a link to video for good mesh set up for Ody? Would like to try on my next rebuild. If not am sure I'll find something culling through the posts.

5. blackwater

blackwater Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2011
    NH
    That sounds perfect for people like me Imeo!! I would like to spend less time in the corner of the kitchen with all my GG stuff. My wife calls it my .... den. I call it the GG Zone.

Chris

6. Torqueguy

Torqueguy Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran

May 14, 2011
    Central Virginia
    Mesh works ok for dripping but for some reason, it always makes me cough where the Iatty wick never does. I have tried many different ways to prep the mesh but for me, it doesn't have the flavor or "moist hit" the Iatty wick does

7. Poppa D

Poppa D Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2010
    Minnesota, USA
    I like the mesh over wick at the coil set up. It seems to last a little bit longer. I think it tastes good, has a nice sound (sizzle) to it when its fired up, and produces a little more consistent vapor.
    When I take it apart after use, the mesh gets gunked up, and so does the wick but its not burned or brittle like wick w/coil.
    Its easy enough to get the hang of, and the mesh can be reused many times with fresh wick, by torching it clean between wicks.

8. rwechsler

rwechsler Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I prefer mesh in the iatty to nextel, ody wick, and iatty wick in every regard except for the fact that it takes 5 times as long to setup. Vapor production even seems to be better for me oddly enough! That being said, I am a somewhat-experienced genesis-mod user, so I got the hang of mesh in the iAtty pretty quickly. For those of you with an Iatty, and especially if you already have a ceramic and top plastic that have been modified to fit nextel wick, I'd say give it a shot and post pics of your results!

9. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Today I started making new Iatty bases for GGTS. They will be like Ody's GGTS bases. A very robost connection will be establised:)

10. Poppa D

Poppa D Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2010
    Minnesota, USA
    Sounds great, I like it.

11. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    it was about time poppa. Greeks were a pain in the ... about those bases:lol:

12. dspin

dspin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2010
    USA
    Thanks Imeo, thats awesome. I look forward to a native connection. I abhor adapters.

13. Mosin_Sergei

Mosin_Sergei Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2012
    Nizniy Novgorod Russia
    When can I make my purchase of the base Iatty my friend Imeo?

14. jslick_007

jslick_007 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    SoCal
    Very cool. Tired of the rethreader and 901-510 adapter (although it works well). Any ideas on when we'll see them at COV?

15. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    thanks dspin, mosin and js. I will need 25 days for those:)

16. Mosin_Sergei

Feb 17, 2012
    Nizniy Novgorod Russia
    This is very good.
    In which sellers can be bought?

17. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    russia buys from Greece and UK mosin

18. muddstar

muddstar Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2009
    Spokane
    This is GREAT NEWS! Lord nows I need some. Thank you Sir.

19. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    I am glad you like it mudd. :)

20. Mosin_Sergei

Feb 17, 2012
    Nizniy Novgorod Russia
    This news is like all owners Iatty Imeo.
    Especially me. I have 2 Iatty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.