IBTanked issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I don't use IBTanked cartotanks any longer, but occasionally I drop into their ECF Supplier Forum. I'm afraid that something is wrong with the business. Look at the following threads:

Still in business...?

Pls contact ECF Supplier Admin!

With Ikenvape recently closing their doors, and more and more online vendors and vapeshops no longer carrying cartomizers, I'm afraid that cartos and cartotanks will soon be a thing of the past. :(

OC513

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
NYC
Man this is terrible. They accepted my money but there is no way to contact them at all. Not sure if I should call credit card company and do a charge back but I REALLY want the tank for my Sophia. Damn. No idea what I should do. You would think they would at the least leave some kind of a voicemail letting people know what's going on. Very frustrating. Now I have to hope my Calix arrives soon, my XVOstick needs a 35mm tank or rba.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
This is right there is on their front page.

We will continue to provide clear glass products and try to get everything streamlined to better expedite your orders. We know for the last few months some of your orders have taken much longer to get out than we would like and this change will help us to serve our customers better.

Thanks
```````````````````````````````````
Now, my take,
They are supplying a custom hand made product that is not available anywhere else, even FT. They are a family operated business that may have irons in many different fires in order to stay in business one way or the other. I know from operating my own one man show that email and phones only slow production down.

Give them a break, have some patience, and realize they need to get work done, not hold your hand. One week is really pushy for this sort of thing, IMHO. Then to call the mob out on them, that ai`tn going to help things one little bit.

Reactions: Rocketpunk

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
This is right there is on their front page.

We will continue to provide clear glass products and try to get everything streamlined to better expedite your orders. We know for the last few months some of your orders have taken much longer to get out than we would like and this change will help us to serve our customers better.

Thanks
```````````````````````````````````
Now, my take,
They are supplying a custom hand made product that is not available anywhere else, even FT. They are a family operated business that may have irons in many different fires in order to stay in business one way or the other. I know from operating my own one man show that email and phones only slow production down.

Give them a break, have some patience, and realize they need to get work done, not hold your hand. One week is really pushy for this sort of thing, IMHO. Then to call the mob out on them, that ai`tn going to help things one little bit.

You might be unaware, but this has been going on for some time...
Honestly, and I hate to say it, but, they need to close their doors and stop all online sales... now.

Still in business...?

Reactions: Racehorse

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
You might be unaware, but this has been going on for some time...
Honestly, and I hate to say it, but, they need to close their doors and stop all online sales... now.

Still in business...?

I ordered from them about 4 months ago. Took maybe 3 weeks to arrive, shipping confirm took right at about a week, maybe it was 9 days? Glass tanks for a Erl.

Iv watched a lot of small one of a kind (OOAK) business`s dry up because joe somebody gets it in his head he is dealing with someone who should meet his needs as fast as wallmart does. Then the world complain`s that the service is not available anymore, or that prices skyrocket.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I was a loyal customer for a good many years still owning well over a dozen IBTanks, so, as much as anyone I hate to see them go under, but to me it is worse to go out with a bad name... if you are going to run an online business, small or large, part of that business is customer service, communication and shipping orders in a timely manner, for some now they have been not been doing any of this, and from the sounds of it, it is getting worse, not better.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Well, I understand that attitude, but I hold to the idea that a products real value is directly proportional to its availability. Its not like you can call Philip Defour a week after placing your order wanting to know where it is. It is a apples to oranges comparison, but the same basic supply and demand principles apply.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
The way things are now is not how they have been conducting business since 2012, they were very well known for their customer service, communication with their buyers and a good turn around time between order placed and shipping the goods to customers ...at a minimum they should suspend all online sales until they can get their act back together and resume running business as they once did.

Cynical me has seen way too many of these small specialty vape businesses go out badly, much in the same manner as this is proceeding, continuing to take orders, no communication and slow to finally no shipping of items ordered... then poof they are gone, but, not before some customers lose money in the deal.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
They accepted my money but there is no way to contact them at all.

It's not like this just happened. It's been going on FOR A WHILE with them.

I simply do not understand so called businesses that can't even post a simple message on their site, saying they have illness or are going out of biz,,,,,,,whatever!
Sorry, but I don't let people take my money unless they give me my stuff.

If you don't receive a shipping noticed, I'd call the CC company. And quite frankly, were it me, I call my states attorney general.

This isn't about nice or not nice, it's a business transaction.
ARe there just more fly by nights in the vaping industry, or what? They can't put up a note or even send an email, but they can take money? :)

Reactions: oplholik

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
One week is really pushy for this sort of thing, IMHO.

Um, you must not have read the other topic.

People ordering on October 1st and not even receiving a shippping notice until beginning of November.

Also, what does selling a hand made product have to do with not being able to send out an email or communicate with somebody who sent you $$$? OR not answering the phone for weeks at a time? Not responding to customer emails when a month has gone by since they paid and they have heard .........crickets.

I don;t believe they are glass blowing their own tubes there, by the way. :)

I

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Ya, I read the other thread. The guy that started it got his confirmation the day he posted the thread, the other guy, I don`t know specifics, but I have seen that there truly custom cut stuff had a long lead time. I did note that my order in Dec. took 3 weeks from order to door, so that would suggest things were getting better at that time. Most online sellers send out a notice that you have paid and when the item ships you get that notice, they never make any arraignment to answer every email from every customer one day to another, it simply takes too much time. In the time it takes to answer 100 emails an entire days worth of production can be met. You ever seen 100 emails in your inbox that require some sort of reply, LOL. That`s like half the day with nothing to show for it. Small business`s do go through growing pains also, or the one person that knows how to use that machine gets sick, or a family member dies and arraignments and perhaps travel have to be made. Is the small business obligated to tell the whole damn world that they are having minor issues? I think not.

Iv made my argument. I`m sure IBT will figure out a way to either do more with less or to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Funny how these same situations are easily accepted and condoned from fasttech, but let a smaller mom and pop business do it and they are castigated.

I do hope IBT finds enough customers that are rational and reasonable and not spoiled wallmart brats with demands they don`t think through, and simply don`t make any effort to understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: beckdg

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Hey, I do hope this company can open up another business in an industry that doesn't change a lot. I wish them a lot of luck.

I did try to order something last Fall and needed a quick question anwered before I made my purchase. Since I did not recieve a reply after a few weeks, I just bought another product from somebody else.

I do hope IBT finds enough customers that are rational and reasonable and not spoiled wallmart brats with demands they don`t think through, and simply don`t make any effort to understand.

I have shopped with the same online vendors for 4 years now, who do business in the *customary* way....i.e., provide the product, in a timely manner, to their customer, answer questions if there are any, and respond to inquiries.

If the 20 solid vendors I do business with can conduct their business this way, then I'd say those who can't are the the ones "flying out of formation." ;)

(DFW Vapor was "dumping" the product a few months ago for a reason. Word gets around, and/or they were unable to get product any better than retail consumers could.)

Yours is an interesting post though, calling the CUSTOMERS out, calling them walmart brats, etc. :lol:

Maybe all the businesses who go out of business are the FAULT of the customer, huh? :lol: I see.

Last edited:

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Well, you can spin it anyways you want. Some people know custom products require some faith and patience.

EDIT: BTW, I forgot to ask you when was the last time you dealt with IBT?
I would`nt want to assume you are making such grandiose judgments of a company you have`nt even dealt with?

Last edited:
Reactions: beckdg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread