www.youtube.com
2ah7f4w.jpg

Just saying...

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
I got my first carto tank today--the "Alice" model from IBTanked. I got matching acrylic caps and some 2.0ohm double-punched single-coil XL cartos to put in it. I got the "Alice" because I am a HUGE fan of Alice in Vapeland juices, and wanted a tank that would express that.

I've been a Vivi Nova fan since I started vaping. I'm pretty happy with the performance of the Vivi's, and with a little fiddling, they perform pretty well. And they are dead-simple to operate and clean, so I really like them.

I was a little worries about using a carto tank. I've heard and read a lot of horror stories--funny tastes, flooding, wicking issues, leaky o-rings, etc.--you know the score...

But I'll tell you what. After vaping on this tank for about 6 hours, I'm a convert, to be sure.

The flavor is super-clean and full. The vapor is fog-machine-worthy. It hasn't leaked one bit. And it looks FANTASTIC!

Thank you, IBTanked. You make a great product that is easy to use, performs like a champ, and looks very unique. I'm looking forward to showing it off at the next White Rose Vapers Club meetup in a few weeks, and I'm certain I'll get a lot of compliments.

And I will be ordering more tanks, caps and cartos from you soon, I'm sure... ;-)

GrimmTech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
West Virginia
I have a Vamo. I'm wondering if the 25mm will line up with the side or be larger? From looking at pictures on the Provari Im pretty sure the 19mm will be smaller. Also I'm not sure what type of carto to purchase. I understand the lengths to go with the standard or xl tanks, but not sure beyond that. I vape 30/70 so I wonder if I will need double punched because of viscosity. Also I guess I do not need a low resistance since I have VV. Any help would be appreciated as I'm ready to place an order.

Thanks
Grimm

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Hi Grimm, not sure what the diameter of the Vamo is but I am thinking it is about the same as the Provari isnt it? If so that is 22mm so the 25mm tank will be a little larger in diameter. These tanks are not for the faint of heart, they are large tanks. Most folks seem to prefer the look of the 19mm on this type of device. It does have a lesser capacity but I have never had any trouble with that by keeping a spare tank in my pocket and at 4 to 6mls a day I am not what you would consider a super high volume user but certainly towards the upper end of most.

The Mrs uses 20/80 in the two hole cartos on her Provari and in a variety of ohms. I think she has pretty much settled on the 3.2ohm since that puts her in the middle of her available range leaving plenty of room up or down for taste. The 2ohm leave her close to the lower end (she likes a cool vape) so she cant really turn it down much.

Unfortunately we really got caught out recently with the incredible growth our customers have been testing us with ;) and there is a note on the site concerning the availability of the 19mm tanks. We will not be shipping these again until late next week or early in the beginning of the following week. We are also out of the 25mm caps at the moment and looking for delivery on them around close to the same time.

We are working on bringing our inventory levels up so this does not happen again as we pride ourselves on being in stock and available for our customers.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Hi OCD,

The Ocelot saw my Post on ECF for a Concept Design of the Vision Vivi Nova 3.5ml V3, in a Mod Design to be able to use a Glass Tube. He responded and said that I should contact you to compare notes, because (he said) you were considering making a Glass Tube design for this Tank System. To reach you, I replied to a Post, went Advanced, and changed the Title, so I hope this comes out OK.

If you can cut Threads into a Glass Tube (apparently Pyrex, but maybe you have a selection), or securely Cap a Glass Tube with Metal that can hold the Threads, or otherwise fit a Glass Tube to work with this Vivi Nova 3.5ml V3 Design, that would be Great. I visited your web site about a week ago, searching for this solution (found you on ECF via Google), but I only saw Glass Tanks that were apparently made for Tanked Cartomizer Systems and things like the AGA-T. Some absolutely beautiful designs, but nothing Threaded that I could see. I sent an email to Phiniac about it, and never heard back, so I figured it was about the same situation for all Glass Tubes (my error), and I came up with the Concept Design and Posted it on ECF.

My Concept Design would really be for a whole new Product, designed around a Glass Tube without Threads, held together in a similar fashion to the AGA-T Design, Internally, but in case they don't accept the Concept, or at least until they do and get it to Market, your Glass Tube solution would be perfect for being able to use ANY Flavorings in a non-Cartomizer-based System. If you can get this going, I'm sure they'll sell great for you, as this is a very popular Tank System. I bought my Vivi Nova, thinking I'd only ever use 100% VG without any Flavoring. But then I got curious about Flavors, and learned that I cannot use Cinnamon Red Hots - WHAT?!!! So I hope you can work out the details.

I live in Louisiana, where the Humidity is High, and that can set up the growth of Bacteria, Mold, Fungus, and other Nasties in the Cartomizer Filler Material, so I am inclined to stay away from a Cartomizer System - even a Tanked Cartomizer. Aside from the the potential Nasties, a Cartomizer gets gunked up from things like Cinnamon Red Hots. These reasons are why I dreamed up this Concept Design for the Vivi Nova. You could check it out and let me know what you think. Who knows - if it's accepted and Marketed, they may come to you for your Glass Tubes.

If you can "fit" a Glass Tube to the Mini Nova, I'm curious as to whether the Tube Dimensions would be the same as the Plastic Tube - i.e., the same Wall Thickness, overall Diameter, outside fit to the End Covers, etc. The Knurled sections (Finger Grips) of the End Caps on my Vivi Nova are rather Thin, and a Thicker Glass Tube that protruded past them would make it hard to use, like getting the Top Cover off to refill it, and maybe even cause leaks from the Bottom (I had to screw mine on quite tight). So, if you know, would your Glass Tube fit the same as the Plastic Tube? It would probably have to accept and use the O-Rings that are on the End Covers, but you'd know better about that. Anyway, the Glass Tubes I've seen so far appear to be much Thicker than this Plastic Tube, but maybe that's just the way they appear in Pictures.

Thanks in advance, :headbang:

100%VG

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
HI 100%, I have looked at the Nova and have a couple ideas of what I might be able to do with it but cutting threads in glass is not one of them. Honestly I just need to have more time in life to get to everything and this one hasnt come to the top yet mainly because of what I feel in what I can provide in value and quality. There are ways to do this that would be very time consuming and expensive which would completely take away from one of the main attractions to this device which is how affordable it is.

I can tell you that I think about this often simply because I can see how many folks like them and please believe me in that if I could provide a simple, affordable solution I would very much like to help out those folks who want to see glass on these devices. As I have mentioned before though the solutions I have come up with so far would be too expensive to implement especially considering the nature of these devices and the uncertainty in what tomorrows wow will be and if whatever one came up with today would work with that new form factor.

I am sorry about this but there just isnt a lot I can do with the limited time I have in my day and the resources available for me to work with.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
HI 100%, I have looked at the Nova and have a couple ideas of what I might be able to do with it but cutting threads in glass is not one of them. Honestly I just need to have more time in life to get to everything and this one hasnt come to the top yet mainly because of what I feel in what I can provide in value and quality. There are ways to do this that would be very time consuming and expensive which would completely take away from one of the main attractions to this device which is how affordable it is.

I can tell you that I think about this often simply because I can see how many folks like them and please believe me in that if I could provide a simple, affordable solution I would very much like to help out those folks who want to see glass on these devices. As I have mentioned before though the solutions I have come up with so far would be too expensive to implement especially considering the nature of these devices and the uncertainty in what tomorrows wow will be and if whatever one came up with today would work with that new form factor.

I am sorry about this but there just isnt a lot I can do with the limited time I have in my day and the resources available for me to work with.

Hi OCD,

I fully understand, and I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I could see the complications in my mind, so I knew it wouldn't be simple - Threaded Metal End Caps, etc., as I really didn't think that Glass could be Threaded. In the meantime, you have excellent products that I will tell anyone about when I see a product I know they will fit.

100%VG

NocVision

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2013
Michigan
www.meshwizard.com
I have a question about IBTanked regarding their shipping.

The only thing I ordered from them was a (1) 19mm XL clear tank with a set of 19mm stainless steel caps (because under certain circumstances some acrylic caps tend to crack with the use of specific juices) on Saturday, 19 January 2013.

I am wondering if they have shipped yet? Are going to ship soon?

The only information I get is "Confirmed" under the Order Status in my account details.

Seeing as Baditude posted that the shipping is "second to none" I was curious about the current process of the order.

I've sent them an e-mail & private message on Facebook requesting the information, but I have not received a response yet.

I was wondering how quickly an order was shipped by IBTanked from other buyers that have decided to get their tank(s) & caps from them.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks.

-Noc

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
It's possible that your order is already in the mail. I placed an order right before the notice went on their website that they were out of 19 mm stainless steel caps and that orders would be delayed. I constantly updated my order status online and unexpectedly received my shipment while the order status still listed Confirmed. I was thrilled to have my new tanks and chalked it up to the increasing popularity of their products and a significant backload of orders that they were busy with.

NocVision

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2013
Michigan
www.meshwizard.com
It's possible that your order is already in the mail. I placed an order right before the notice went on their website that they were out of 19 mm stainless steel caps and that orders would be delayed. I constantly updated my order status online and unexpectedly received my shipment while the order status still listed Confirmed. I was thrilled to have my new tanks and chalked it up to the increasing popularity of their products and a significant backload of orders that they were busy with.

Yes, this is possible.

I plan on giving them a call if I don't receive a response via e-mail or facebook by that time.

eyebedam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Mt. Juliet TN
I have a question about IBTanked regarding their shipping.

The only thing I ordered from them was a (1) 19mm XL clear tank with a set of 19mm stainless steel caps (because under certain circumstances some acrylic caps tend to crack with the use of specific juices) on Saturday, 19 January 2013.

I am wondering if they have shipped yet? Are going to ship soon?

The only information I get is "Confirmed" under the Order Status in my account details.

Seeing as Baditude posted that the shipping is "second to none" I was curious about the current process of the order.

I've sent them an e-mail & private message on Facebook requesting the information, but I have not received a response yet.

I was wondering how quickly an order was shipped by IBTanked from other buyers that have decided to get their tank(s) & caps from them.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks.

-Noc

Well considering you ordered Saturday & yesterday the PO was closed & mail didn't run due to a holiday today would have been the first time it could even ship. Do you think you may be jumping the gun just a bit already posting about it on ECF?

NocVision

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2013
Michigan
www.meshwizard.com
Well considering you ordered Saturday & yesterday the PO was closed & mail didn't run due to a holiday today would have been the first time it could even ship. Do you think you may be jumping the gun just a bit already posting about it on ECF?

No not really.
Since it was just a tank & other people saying that IBTanked's shipping was good, I figured there was an opportunity to ship the product on the date of purchase &/or today.
I was also curious about others experience with their order.
Not really jumping the gun when there is no risk in asking. :D

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Hi NocVision, if you PM me an order number I would be happy to look it up for you. I dont know if you are aware but we were OOS on the Stainless caps until the 17th and we had a pile of backorder to wade through. The girls are knocking them out though and are about caught back up so we should be back to our regular shipping in the next day or two which means most orders will ship next or same day up to about noon.

NocVision

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2013
Michigan
www.meshwizard.com
Hi NocVision, if you PM me an order number I would be happy to look it up for you. I dont know if you are aware but we were OOS on the Stainless caps until the 17th and we had a pile of backorder to wade through. The girls are knocking them out though and are about caught back up so we should be back to our regular shipping in the next day or two which means most orders will ship next or same day up to about noon.

Hi OCD. I actually got an e-mail late last night saying the confirmation has been changed to Shipped.

Regarding the OOS caps, I thought you guys were only out of stock of the 25mm caps. No problem. :) I see that it has been shipped & I was just curious.

Thank you OCD!

NocVision

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2013
Michigan
www.meshwizard.com
Ok so I got my OCD tank today from IBTanked.

Great tank... just one problem.

I have smoktek XL carto's... but with the little flange on the bottom that fits with the smoktech tanks. I don't have any XL carto's without the flange. So I need to go order some of those.

The carto's still work, but there's that tiny little probably 1ml in width flange at the bottom that creates a 'spacer' almost & makes it look poopy.

Ugh lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread