Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
I have never seen one of the existing rings out there. It was my assumption that they would taper to 22mm but then you know what making assumptions can do ;) Possibly they were designed like that to work with a variety of tanks? The IBTpro 22 is purpose made for our 22mm tanks only, I dont have a clue as to if it will work with any other tanks or toppers but then thats not what they are for :)

I also put a taper in the top to match the taper on our 22mm caps so it seats down into it, lastly it is a little taller so the tank seats on the ring before making a connection then tightening a bit more you draw the cartomizer down making the connection so everything is nice and tight.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
One thing to look for once you get the Pro Rings in is to make sure there is adequate airflow for the cartotank. Some of the other Pro Rings on the market restrict air flow to the cartomizer because they are such a tight flush fit.

I know someone in the "OCD family" uses a Provari, so someone can check that potential issue out. If it does restrict flow, if you have the means to drill an air hole into the ring it would increase the interest and value for those looking for a better ring.

Edit: I'm coming to this thread again late after someone had "liked" a post that I had made. Looking at your original photos I see there is in fact an air hole already in the rings. I should have known you would have already thought of the air hole. :)

Last edited:

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
I have never seen one of the existing rings out there. It was my assumption that they would taper to 22mm but then you know what making assumptions can do ;) Possibly they were designed like that to work with a variety of tanks? The IBTpro 22 is purpose made for our 22mm tanks only, I dont have a clue as to if it will work with any other tanks or toppers but then thats not what they are for :)

I also put a taper in the top to match the taper on our 22mm caps so it seats down into it, lastly it is a little taller so the tank seats on the ring before making a connection then tightening a bit more you draw the cartomizer down making the connection so everything is nice and tight.

That was very noticeable in the picture you posted, it really gives the tanks a very put together look!!! I am definitely going to try to get one of them when you have them on your site.

I need to order a few new tubes anyways, two 25mm bit the dust today, my daughters only chipped (it was dropped on concrete this morning) but my Black mottled one shattered when it hit the floor while I was shopping today :mad:

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Actually Bad I put two air holes 180* from each other because I have a tendency to fire with my middle finger and the index is up on the ring where it could potentially block the hole if was in the wrong location. In fact I ran into this with my original prototype hence the two holes now.

The holes were originally 0.050" but The Mrs felt there was some restriction (I could not perceive it myself) on the first samples we got in from the shop so I bumped them up to 0.0625" figuring if it was too airy for anyone it would be easier to plug one of the holes or restrict it with some nail polish on the inside than to drill them out if it was too stiff for them.

Susie, I like the Old Gold on the Bronze Provari myself. The Stainless looks good with everything which is why we decided to go with them to start on this ring. That said the colors will be awesome in adding just a bit more of the tank color to the overall.

Elantis, complete agreement here. The ring does add nice complete look.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Waiting on the shop Cob, should not be much longer though.

Ladie, I would say there is a very good chance we will have them in our 10 colors by February or so. Because we have so many colors it means having to put a whole lot of these on the shelf so we have so our nickels up for a little while. Last month we had just begun to recover from the Lawyers and Accountants over our incorporation and getting our taxes in order. Then we did some serious restocking and of course put the Stainless IBTpro 22 on the big board. I am looking at January to recover once again before we commit to anything else.

That is all dependent on how things run through the store of course, it can swing wildly either way at times so it could be earlier or later based on the worlds current wants. We will certainly keep pluggin away on these things we recognize where we can bring top quality and value together for folks.

Cob24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
A place some call paradise
Waiting on the shop Cob, should not be much longer though.

Ladie, I would say there is a very good chance we will have them in our 10 colors by February or so. Because we have so many colors it means having to put a whole lot of these on the shelf so we have so our nickels up for a little while. Last month we had just begun to recover from the Lawyers and Accountants over our incorporation and getting our taxes in order. Then we did some serious restocking and of course put the Stainless IBTpro 22 on the big board. I am looking at January to recover once again before we commit to anything else.

That is all dependent on how things run through the store of course, it can swing wildly either way at times so it could be earlier or later based on the worlds current wants. We will certainly keep pluggin away on these things we recognize where we can bring top quality and value together for folks.

I humbly volunteer to be a beta tester. Feel free to toss one into my next tank order and I'd love to review it for you ;)

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Yeah, and bling it would be with that wide band of color Ladie.

Cob, lol... pretty sure we could get plenty of testers ;) This one is done though, the fit is pretty dang nice on these which is why I pulled the trigger on having the parts go into production. Most folks dont realize the kinds of numbers going to production means, we dont do anything under four digits in quantity and most things are in five digits on the parts count in order to get good pricing from our shop.

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
OCD - will you post here when the rings are available???

I was hoping it would be soon, but I had to go ahead and order some tanks (after the recent crack and shatter incident ;)) but I am definitely interested in a few of the SS rings and that will be good until the colors make their appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread