Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
I hope you folks like these, I love the look of them myself. Its always scary going five figures deep into something... guess I am just not used to having bills like we do these days.

Al, shoot me a PM if you are still having trouble logging in. You have loads of time as the earliest anything will ship is Monday, we will get your account sorted.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Just got my ProRings. They look nice. However, I use Ikenvape Mega Fushion Cartos. which are flanged. With the ring, 22mm IBTanked, and IKV carto my ProVari will not fire. I did compare the flange to a Smok I bought from IBTanked, and they appear to be the same size flange. I cannot test the Smok though because I do not have an IBTanked that it will fit. It is standard and all my tanks are XL. Anyone else have this happen?

ETA: I get the same issue on my Fluid Flask and Smok flanged carto. Both cartos give me the error OP when I check the resistance of the carto. That code is not in ProVari's manual.

Last edited:

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
I received my rings today also, and probably should have done a little more research.

I don't use Flanged cartos at all...so I don't think these rings will work for me. I didn't realize they were going to sit so high above the top of the ProVari connection.

I only have a few flanged ones that I actually put away - and tried with the ring and they are not making contact enough to fire...which is probably good since they had no liquid in them and would have burned the carto :blink:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
OCD said these rings were a little taller - could it be that you need to tighten a little further to make the connection?

There's a comment above wondering if "the flange is the problem" and one thinking "no flange is the problem" - maybe flange/no-flange isn't the problem? Just hoping it's something like this - and that these'll be good rings for everyone...
Anyone got them on and working fine yet?

Here's from pre-launch:
"it is a little taller so the tank seats on the ring before making a connection then tightening a bit more you draw the cartomizer down making the connection so everything is nice and tight."

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
OCD said these rings were a little taller - could it be that you need to tighten a little further to make the connection?

There's a comment above wondering if "the flange is the problem" and one thinking "no flange is the problem" - maybe flange/no-flange isn't the problem? Just hoping it's something like this - and that these'll be good rings for everyone...
Anyone got them on and working fine yet?

Here's from pre-launch:
"it is a little taller so the tank seats on the ring before making a connection then tightening a bit more you draw the cartomizer down making the connection so everything is nice and tight."

Tried everything (loose, tight, and in between) with every brand of carto tank I own. Same results with all.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Just need to tighten a little more, spin the tank and try and if you get no fire then spin a little more. The tank isnt likely to overtighten as it will spin on the carto first but it will pull the cartomizer down to make contact. Flange or no flange should not matter as the cartomizers should all have the same body length.

They most likely will not work with other toppers like a pro tank as they do need to be able to pull down to make the connection. This is what snugs everything up. I do not know if they will work with other cartomizer tanks or not but that was not the intent of making these, I designed these rings for the IBTanked 22 caps.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
I get that Suzie, it seems like you are really tightening it down but in reality what has happened is the tank caps stop on the ring before the cartomizer is set into the socket. Spinning it a little more isnt tightening the cartomizer into the socket it is pulling it out of the tank a little to make that connection.

I have gotten pretty used to it as I have been using the IBTsid 22 for a few months now and the IBTpro 22 for about a month. I do tend to twist the tank on a little at a time trying it for connection then give it a little more until it fires. I think I actually have the cartomizer screwed into the socket less than without the rings because I stop tightening as soon as it fires rather than cranking it in until the tank sits steady because the tank is now steadied by the ring rather than the socket if that makes sense.

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Ok...took another shot at it this morning and all is working perfectly. I too wasn't spinning it down enough to make contact.

My concern was in the fact that I could see the o-ring on the top cap just prior to it making contact and didn't want to pull the carto down any further...in fear it would break the vacuum inside the carto tank. But there is no such issue, and it looks amazing.

And for those interested I did try this with a Sigelei Zmax with the tapered top and the IBT 22mm and it works perfectly on the Zmax too, as long as it is Sigelei that is ;)

AlB53

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
Rome NY
Just git my PROrings Thank You.. They look GREAT.. they don't work with my AGA-T2 or RDA's but I use them a home so..... Like the new biz cards... will try to post some pics later, think I have a new vape shop in town, it said VAPEWORLD in the window, going there now
Thanks again
Al

I ment IBTpro 22:oops:

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Glad to hear Suzie, thats why I posted what I did above. not using the contact as the tank steady leaves you with an option there. I have it down now so that I usually hit pretty close to just barely making contact or maybe need to do a 1/4 turn to get fire most times yet the tank is snug as a bug in a rug on the Provari.

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
The more I use this IBTpro22 the more I love it. I had always used "other" rings with my IBTanks on my ProVari and Sigelei Zmax, but this ring is absolutely the Best with the IBTanks.

I love the support it gives the tanks and the sleek look with the ProVari and Sigelei Zmax. I don't even notice the slight angle that blends the two and actually love it much more than the "other" rings where you actually have a slight difference in size.

You have definitely come up with a "winning" design here OCD...we need to spread the word!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread