• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

If I could, I would...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIVAP2

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
Eastern Canada
From reading on different posts here, I see a good demand for dirt cheap juice. If I had a safe place to do it, I'd start DIY to resell and start making good money out of it. All of you who can, it's your opportunity now!

Other than having wrong nic level than what is displayed, I never heard anything about bad juice. And you can't qualify one to be bad e-liquid if you don't like the flavor as this is subjective.

Bacteria contamination? This could be an issue although I've never heard anyone reporting that. And if it happens, what are the consequences? Bad taste? Then spill it in the sink and start over with a with a fresher batch. Is an E. Coli contamination possible, enough to get someone sick or even worse?

So the situation seems pretty much under control as nothing has been reported. Now what would stop me from making DIY with a vestigial uncontroled set up, putting up a nice website pretending I have the best liquid in this country and make a fortune out of it? Hey, It's not regulated! No authorities looking over it, it's a free for all situation!

If it wasn't of all these governemental restrictions and controls, farmers could sell raw milk...

Good luck!

chaseman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Canada
www.reddcigs.com
It wouldn't be too difficult. I think you'd be unpleasantly surprised to witness or hear of the conditions of our Canadian vendors' operations.

Bath tub brewers unite!

I wouldn't order liquid from any company that doesn't adhere to strict food quality standards. This would include a registered kitchen facility and a full time chemist, amongst many other QA and safety factors not even faintly considered by most Canadian vendors with glowing posts.

But I too love to live in dreamland, and am always amazed at the flag waving with little diligence as to how these liquids are being produced. Ignorance truly is bliss.

For all the griping about Chinese liquid (I'm often guilty), nobody should even draw comparisons with our local vendors, with the exception of flavors, which they don't manufacture.

If I find another cat hair in the packaging or affixed to a bottle, I'm gonna puke.

Sometimes I don't even question why HC is so up in arms; we've done nothing to help the situation, especially when liquid with nicotine is produced under worse, unregulated conditions then the snacks we buy from our convenience stores and hotdog stands. Basic food standards folks....look it up.

Until then......go Canadian e liquid makers!!!!!

VIVAP2

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
Eastern Canada
[Until then......go Canadian e liquid makers!!!!!]

Ok. But tomorrow, I am an e-liquid maker. Where do I need to apply for certificats? As far as I know, there is no certification program set up. So what? You contact your supplier and ask him if he can show you his regulation paper on its kitchen facility? Why a kitchen though? Do you need to boil or cook something? What is the definition of a regulated kitchen? I'd rather have a certified shed.

Even better than that, to promote my business, I just have to show customer's a nice certificate printed with the newly invented logo of "Certified by CELS*" ! A ton of money.

*CELS: Canadian E-Liquid Supplier

Song

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Montreal Canada
www.vaporus.com
It wouldn't be too difficult. I think you'd be unpleasantly surprised to witness or hear of the conditions of our Canadian vendors' operations.

Bath tub brewers unite!

I wouldn't order liquid from any company that doesn't adhere to strict food quality standards. This would include a registered kitchen facility and a full time chemist, amongst many other QA and safety factors not even faintly considered by most Canadian vendors with glowing posts.

But I too love to live in dreamland, and am always amazed at the flag waving with little diligence as to how these liquids are being produced. Ignorance truly is bliss.

For all the griping about Chinese liquid (I'm often guilty), nobody should even draw comparisons with our local vendors, with the exception of flavors, which they don't manufacture.

If I find another cat hair in the packaging or affixed to a bottle, I'm gonna puke.

Sometimes I don't even question why HC is so up in arms; we've done nothing to help the situation, especially when liquid with nicotine is produced under worse, unregulated conditions then the snacks we buy from our convenience stores and hotdog stands. Basic food standards folks....look it up.

Until then......go Canadian e liquid makers!!!!!

All these woudl be really nice to have but getting a full time chemist is pretty unreasonable unless you have massive amount of sale and find a chemist that is willing to make that to start with. As for a registered kitchen facility I'm not sure how that would work out considering that the government is bound to as you and have inspections in place, what do you think they will do once they find out its for making e-liquid?

Other then that i fully agree on QC standards and testing of the nicotine base thou. I think a setup like what they shown on Perfumers apprentice is decent and acceptable for making e-juice.

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
You're absolutely right there is nothing stopping any of us from starting up our own e-juice business and I'm sure the thought's crossed every DIYer's mind at one point or another. I don't think that any of our Canadian juice vendors (or any in the US for that matter) are any more qualified than you or me.

First off I'm 99% sure they all source their nic either from the US or from China so as far as QC on the nic goes it's somewhat out of their control (other than buying a nicotine home test which is available for a few bucks online) but I highly doubt that any vendor have actual quantification as chemists to properly analyse the nic. We trust that the companies (RTS, MyFreedomSmokes, etc.) do their own QC.

Then as chaseman pointed out the flavorings used are all commercially produced by any of the big 4 companies (FA, PA, LorAnn, Capella) , so again we trust that they do their own QC.

Then it's just a matter of mixing up all these ingredients (there's a whole section dedicated to e-liquid recipes, doesn't take a genius). While I'd like to believe that this is all done in a sterile laboratory setting, I highly doubt that it is. It's most likely done in their kitchen with the same supplies anyone can pick up for a few pennies from a variety of different stores.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this :) but I agree with you that other than the outstanding Health Canada ban on the sale of liquid nicotine products, if you have the time, the know-how and a little start up capital there's not much stopping you from starting up your own e-juice company and making some money doing so.

chaseman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Canada
www.reddcigs.com
It's nice to see there are some level headed people here amidst the undue hype.

I'd agree about the HC registered facility and inspections, however, there are definitely options to create a more acceptable environment for health and safety.

Regulations for basic food items meet immense criteria before being sellable on the Canadian market, we should place the same care/concern on our products as self regulators at the very least.

Regarding a chemist....tough beans. If you can't afford to have a "legit" business, you shouldn't have one, as unfair as that seems, in my opinion. Nicotine is a schedule F drug in Canada an should be treated with care and concern, regardless of concentration.

We should at the very least be placing put food grade standards on this drug.

Last edited:

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
Don't forget that money is a powerful motivator, and unfortunately even if we managed to form a self-regulating body with agreed upon standards for quality control not all e-juice vendors would adhere to these standards if it implies additional costs. Sure the more educated vapers (i.e. the ones on this board) would favor the ones that are certified, but we only represent a small portion of the pie.

In my opinion, until something terrible happens (god forbid) or the government steps in we won't be seeing any kind of regulations put into place.

Last edited:

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
I just re-read my post and it sounds so negative, that was not my intention. I fully believe that while the primary goal of vendors is to make money (let's not kid ourselves), as vapers themselves they also have the community's best interests at heart and to the best of their abilities ensure that the product they're selling is of the highest quality.

Last edited:

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
LOL I doubt you'd break the 3 figures in your first month and you would most likely hover in the 4 figures on average monthly. Figure that a 30ml bottle of 24mg flavored juice costs roughly $3 to produce and sells at $20, and on a good day you sell 10 bottles, that's $170 per day. Your odds of becoming a millionaire are higher if you play Lotto max than they are by becoming an e-juice vendor in Canada.

Free for all !

I will be millionaire !

Last edited:

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Here's what I don't understand. Mind you, I've only been here for 2 months, so excuse my ignorance. In the 2 months that I've been vaping, I've seen HC stop the sale of nic juice from from 2 CAN vendors. Why just these 2? There are many more CAN vendors selling parts & nic juice, what about them? . And moreso, why has HC not shut down the big brewers like JC, MLV, Jugs, GRBC & FC ?

Lori68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2011
Maple Ridge, BC
I've tried DIY to mix my own flavors and such but I sucked at it so badly I gave up. I can cut down the nic content pretty good but to get something that doesn't make me do a lemon face everytime.....um, no. I'm ok with getting it from someone else who marks it up for their own profit. I'm willing to spend more for a consistent flavor rather than go through the hassles of trying to make my own only to go "ick" after all my mixing. I am very, very picky with juice flavors......I am cursed I guess.

For those who are able to DIY their own stash - I tip my hat to you all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread