If I Have Upset Everyone, I'm Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
If I have upset everyone on this forum from my opinions about this "Safe Cig" issue, I'm sorry. I just love the e-cig. It has been the only thing that has allowed me true separation from tobacco. I am intensely worried about people like Jon at "The Safe Cig" getting my gear criminalized. I don't want to become a criminal just because own an e-cig. I also never want to go back to the analogs. If you read all of the posts that I'm responsible for, I hope everyone can see that I didn't write what I wrote just to have some fun and ruin someone's business. I feel that Jon's actions could severely damage any acceptance the e-cig has been able to acheive up-to-date. Please understand, I never looked for a fight. I really dig everyone on this forum (even mad 69). Thanks for your time, and you all have a great day/evening.

TribbleTrouble, if we lost sleep over every time we upset someone on a forum, we'd all be insomniacs! Don't worry about it mate! Now, where's my valium........

PS haven't read your previous comments that you are worried about but it doesn't matter. Chill man! Life is way too short.

Last edited:

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Tribble, to me it has sounded like you are the one who is upset the most. None of us wants to see an untimely death for our beloved little electronic friends. None that I know of is all that pleased with those actions that you have been so outspoken against. We just haven't chosen that battle. His actions will catch up to him, in time. My duty is to keep my side of things clear and my conscience clear. You have done that. We all offend one another from time to time and ignore most of what offends us. My advice would be to continue clearing your side of things, in a less angry way, and move on to a battle more befitting you. I don't like seeing people get sanctioned. I do, however, like to see someone stand up and say "I didn't mean to harm you. I meant to state my thoughts and feelings. I have done that now and will refrain from any future comments on this subject." I have immense respect for that. It lets us know that you still feel the same but will agree to a ceasefire of sorts. That is just my 2 pennies worth. I, as an individual respect you and hold no hard feelings. Thanks for posting your heart's truth.

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
Tribble, I personally love your passion and share you feelings. I would love to see you apply that passion towards more positive efforts rather than waste your words on deaf ears. Jon obviously wasn't willing to listen to reason from anybody. I believe he would have argued with President Obama himself if he had told him what a stupid idea it was.

Jon has made his bed, he now has to lie in it. I firmy believe he's hurt his own business far more than you ever could.

Bugger the apologies !!! send me $10,000 in small un marked bills:D
I have been mentally distressed by people actually having opinions and saying them:)
Trib , that's what we are here for , a fair and informative exchange, its the differences that keep us alive. No matter what you say , if it is your truth , feel free to say it , it doesn't mean it has to be everyones!

Keep up the passion , its what sets those who use it above the rest

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Tribble, it's obvious you mean well. Your passion came through. Flame wars are part of any forum (I've surely been part of some beauties). As a rule, remember: Attack the idea or action, not the person.

It's a stupid idea! Okay to say. Jon is stupid. Keep that thought to yourself. It can hasten the authorities to act against e-smoking! Okay to argue and state that. Jon is the Judas of E-Smoking. Er, better think twice about a personal attack like that.

Cheers and let's move on with our e-smoking.

Ooops, seems I have stepped into a can of worms (figuratively speaking guys, no offence!). Teach me to pitch in but, what the ****, this IS only a forum.

TribbleTrouble, life has a limited term. You are going to die someday. Don't spend your days until then worrying whether you have upset some ****er that you have never met!

And to whoever TribbleTrouble may have upset, I offer the same advice - even if you aren't a ****er! It doesn't matter that much dude!

Move on and concentrate on things that matter!

Last edited:

MAD 69

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
NJ USA
If I have upset everyone on this forum from my opinions about this "Safe Cig" issue, I'm sorry. I just love the e-cig., I never looked for a fight. I really dig everyone on this forum (even mad 69). Thanks for your time, and you all have a great day/evening.

Your right that guy Jon did make some stupid moves on his part, he should not have made those claims. At first I thought you were working with him - any publicity is good publicity - but I guess your are not. I wouldn't bother wasting time bashing the guy, most people realize his prices are high and I'm not too sure he is concerned about Online, since he owns dozens of mall kiosks. He would probably even thank you for giving him this much attention.

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
Thanks for all of the kind words, everyone. Man, when I get interested in a subject (I REALLY GET INTERESTED). I think I have a little ADHD in me, or something. I've have got to work on that. I guess I will chill with the writing for a little while, and just read. Man, I flew right pass my 100th post without even realizing it. I just love the subject of the E-Cig so much because it has given so much back to me that I would have just been content to smoke away until I died. Before the e-cig, and then finding this forum, you would have never caught me spending this much time on the computer. I would have been outside or in my garage smoking. I will do my best to find some balance, and be a better contributer to the cause from here on out. Thanks again!

TT :thumb:

mrwade01

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2009
Vancouver WA
Hey Dude, don't let this Ban thing get ya down! You did the right thing in standing up for what you believe. And weather you realize it or not, those pics you mocked up? BRILLIANT!! You used a bit of humor and mild sarcasm to illustrate your point. That kind of thing makes people think where words fail. The main thing is you stood by your point of view no matter what. That is an aspect of integrity that I both strive for and admire! Trust me, your one of the good guys. And I would say the same even if you were defending the opposition because you are not acting out of personal gain! I respect you for that.
Robert

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
Seems I missed this latest storm in a teapot, thank you kindly!
My 3 year old grandaughter now has a saying for anyone who is getting uptight, angry or stressed, she just stands there with hands on hips and says "calm your skin"!! It works a treat and I think it's set to become this year's new catchphrase!
Cheers.
John.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread