If there were a ban by FDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menville

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
Arlington,TX
If there were a ban on import of E-cigarette items wouldn't it be possible for a home grown market for what we have been referred to as mod's , but would be on a commercial basis..wouldn't the idea of made in America be come a real possibility.

So, I think our home boys and girls could adapt and overcome.

Good ole American genius..heck we invented the a-bomb, went to the moon, cured baldness ..opps not yet..

whistlrr

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
Michigan's Knobbywristbone
Actually the ban on e-cigs would involve more than just imports. It would apply to the all sales of e-cigs inside the USA.

Kevin

So... modder/home creators just shape 'em different and call 'em something different?

as an example, you in particular ('picking on you' because pretty much everybody is more likely to successfully create a home made e-cig than I am lol and I need to make up an example to explain this) make some oddly shaped thing, maybe a pyramid-shaped device that just happens to heat fluids primarily made of PG/VG really well and has a little recepticle for filling with this PG/VG fluid with a little hole at the end, and you call it "a2dcovert's Incense burner" and you put these nifty 'incense burners' on the web for sale where other americans can buy them... you're not responsible for just exactly how people choose use "a2dcovert's pyramid incense burners made in the USA' once they buy 'em from you

you can even put "for incense only, not for human consumption' on them

and if the USA somehow manages to ban "the sale of incense burners in the US" (thinking at least that is kinda unlikely but lets just say), then you start making egg-shaped "a2dcovert's decorative personal room fog effect machines" (like the stuff you can buy at spencers), or move to 'small area bug room repellent devices' and so forth, etc.

I might not be able to personally come up with my very own home made device (much as I wish I could, at least right now that's just beyond my personal scope), but even I can see that 'how it works' and being able to make something (just stop making them so cigarette shaped and calling them the wrong thing) isn't impossible, especially for the ingenious and soldering-capable folks out there.

I mean, if they (the powers that be) really really wanna be stupid about this

its sorta like alcohol prohibition or trying to ban 'drug paraphernalia, only worse, because you can't ban brains and ingenuity (and a PV is considerably smaller than a 'still' and actually there are already lots of other devices that act like a PV, more so than a lot of the illegal drug paraphernalia that are out there that really only have one obvious use -- being drug paraphernalia and everybody who looks at that thing knows full well that's exactly what it is but they too can be be home made and also are mass marketed and are also sold as completely different things than they obviously are even though anybody with a brain can clearly see exactly what they are but it, still can't be stopped very well, so you see those things all over the internet and in 'headshops' designed just for selling them anyway)

I really do NOT like having to make this comparison but if that's where they end up forcing us to and how they back us into having to act in the end, that's what they do I guess then and we'll have to respond and do what we have to do in response.

Just because somebody treats something like its wrong and categorizes it like its wrong and something it isn't doesn't just magically 'make it so'

(they can write the rules, but they can't write reality)

Last edited:

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
I think our fear of a ban comes from not wanting one soooooo much. Realistically, can you see it happening? I can't. But I'm so stocked up I wouldn't care for about 5 years, then I'd follow the 'How to" Mod instructions and make my own.

I do desire quality control, as with any other item I'd like to buy. But a ban would be cruel.

whistlrr

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
Michigan's Knobbywristbone
I think our fear of a ban comes from not wanting one soooooo much. Realistically, can you see it happening? I can't. But I'm so stocked up I wouldn't care for about 5 years, then I'd follow the 'How to" Mod instructions and make my own.

I do desire quality control, as with any other item I'd like to buy. But a ban would be cruel.

I hear you.. I bolded that one sentence of yours because the phrase "quality control' and what you said, especially when you think about the cigarettes we all bought and about the history of the 'quality control' of American-made cigarettes and tobacco. (once you learn about the tobacco from other countries, like Sweden it just makes you even madder to know there's even more ways they really could have been more responsible and done these things so much better).

When I think about
American Cigarettes and American Tobacco products and "quality control" in the same thought and how we never got quality control there, it just makes me even madder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread