Status
Not open for further replies.

basslion

Jan 22, 2009
One can always make there own e-liquid,using tobacco. I order an recipe from ebay of how to do it. The batteries may be a problem and the atomizers. I feel like I have been stocking up with all the money I keep spending LOL. I think if we all thought hard enough we could overcome the batteries,atomizers,and the e-cig. We could make our own.

I was looking into this. i will try and find that recipe because thats all they will ban i am sure. i cant see north america at least banning the batteries or the atomizers, because those same atomizers are found in fog machines for clubs (although bigger in size), but where do you draw the line.

I think the major issue is the nicotine as they want proof it is 100% safe, regulated and taxed.

HDBanger

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Montrose, MN
I found this kinda interesting, on the johnsoncreeksmokejuice site:

"Johnson Creek Original Smoke Juice is fully registered with the U.S. Food & Drug Administration pursuant to Section 305 of the United States Public Health and Bioterrorism Act of 2002, P.L. 107-188
Johnson Creek FDA Registration Number: 14732819018"

have no idea what "pursuant to section...bla bla" means.

Me thinks: any Government that bans the sale of e-cig products has no interest in the health aspect, they only want to protect their income stream from tobacco.

Ive said this several times, it will be banned because of BIG TOBACCO, not because of any health concerns, because frankly, they dont give a rats azz about anyone. They may ban them under the moniker of health, but it will be a smoke screen to protect tobacco companies. They know this is the beginning of the end for them.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Disagree. If you must focus on a single foe, make it Big Pharmaceutical, with all those NRT products waiting to be sold to those who want to quit cigarettes. Big Pharma will say this is untested, unapproved, unfair competition to tested and proven smoking cessation methods. Nicotine is a drug. Period. Regulate it or ban it. End of argument, they will say.

Big Tobacco is already marching toward snus and other products THAT ALL USE TOBACCO. They don't make or market cheap Chinese stuff. They might not like this, but will not suddenly buy Golden Dragon. There is no indication they see this as the "future of smoking." Point me to evidence otherwise and I might become a believer.

Big Government will see this as a sneaky end run around needed taxes. They will want to close that loophole ... right up the point where someone says all this places unwarranted trust in unknown Chinese manufacturing. You think they'll rejoice over e-cigs and liquid make in China and sold over the Internet?

But it won't be ONE enemy. In fact, who's our friend?

Zip.

Parallx

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2008
Pennsylvania
If this were to happen, there are a few ways around it:

First of all, banning the device itself is unlikely. The device itself poses no danger to anyone, it's only the ingesting of the liquid that is a potential hazard.

Keep in mind that it is perfectly legal to buy a glass pipe, water pipe (....), or vaporizer for "tobacco use" when in all reality almost no one smokes tobacco out of a ..... You can bet your ... that if things could be banned for "potential" illegal uses, these things would already be illegal. If such a device is confiscated by police, it must be tested and found to contain traces of illegal substances before you can be charged with anything, which is why they can sell them unused. They cannot prove illegal intent in cases where it's never been used. This gets a bit murky if you would be found in possesion of other illegal substances however.

Nicotine is not illegal, and making it such would hurt big tobacco so much that I cannot see it happening.

Go to any college town in America and ask where the local headshop is located. You'll find a dazzling array of vaporizers that work just as well for e-liquid as they do for vaping "tobacco" or "other herbs. The I-Inhale is certainly not the only one on the market.

As far as the juice, it can be made at home (grow your own? :evil:)

Anyway, my 2 cents, but I really hope we're all just paranoid with all this stuff.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Parallx, ask Australians and Mexicans about not being able to ban the devices. The wording there says these devices are solely for the delivery of nicotine. Nicotine is natural in tobacco, a drug in e-liquid. Natural nicotine will remain legal. Extracted nicotine in liquid will remain a drug and insecticide. The liquid can be banned and the devices can be banned for being solely to deliver it.

Getting nicotine of known quantity and quality is something no one in the past year on this forum has been able to do. It's a lot more complicated that boiling some tobacco leaves. How would you suggest a home user go about obtaining nicotine (you certainly can't buy it either).

It's far from paranoid to see the liquid questioned in the U.K while plans likely continue to find a way to ban it, to see devices and liquid banned in Australia, and to see Mexico crack down even on chocolate cigars!!

There is no case anyone could presently make to the FDA that would permit these drug delivery devices of unknown, untested fluid to be legalized for mass sale and use. We are living on borrowed time .. until some Congressman notices us. Our only hope is that clinical trials come to our rescue, proving this practice heathy and safe. But we must acknowledge that restrictions on sale and use are coming.

cucurucho

ECF Veteran
The only way the devices could be banned in Australia is for their resemblance to tobacco products. And I think for a ban to take place, this would require a court case whereby the extent of resemblance required to ban a device is clearly defined.

I think this is unlikely to happen here,.

Also, chocolate and candy cigars/cigarettes have been banned here since 1991.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
The only way the devices could be banned in Australia is for their resemblance to tobacco products. And I think for a ban to take place, this would require a court case whereby the extent of resemblance required to ban a device is clearly defined.

I think this is unlikely to happen here,.

Also, chocolate and candy cigars/cigarettes have been banned here since 1991.

We are under the impression that they are already banned in Australia??? What is up with that???

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I should also add that if the devices are found to resemble tobacco products in Australia, then it would only be the supply of the devices that is banned, not possession or use of them.

On the other hand, the e-liquid is illegal to supply, possess and/or use.

Thanks for the clarification Cucurucho--I thought they banned the devices as well. Good to know how broad these bans are.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
This is the information from the Premier of Victoria as quoted in the Australian ban thread.

“Victoria is banning the retail sale of unregulated nicotine delivery systems which are currently classified in Schedule 7 of the Drugs, Poisons and Controlled Substances Act,” (Health Minister Daniel Andrews) said.

“This will ensure that unregulated nicotine delivery systems for humans are not supplied on the domestic market in any Australian State or Territory.

“The new regulation, to come into effect from 1 January 2009, outlaws the manufacture, sale, supply, purchase, possession or use of nicotine delivery systems for humans that are classified as Schedule 7 poisons, as these products have not been assessed for quality or safety.

The decision will have no effect on the sale of nicotine replacement therapies registered by the Therapeutic Goods Administration which are used to assist people give up smoking.

Good for you if you find wiggle room in that statement. The intent seems crystal clear.

cucurucho

ECF Veteran
TB, yes, that's what he said. But a statement by the Premier can be very different from the actual laws.

His statement actually makes no sense. If you look at any of the laws in the country, you will find that Schedule 7 only deals with substances. Not devices.

I've spoken to several government officials about this myself. His statements about delivery systems being banned are based on the assumption that the devices contain nicotine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread