Status
Not open for further replies.

jsand

Sep 17, 2010
ny
It's not even that it is a new drug itself. It is that it's a new form of a known drug, which falls under the category of a new drug. Because of this it requires an NDA.

http://www.fda.gov/cder/regulatory/applications/NDA.htm#Laws

I truly don't understand how they can classify e-liquid as a "new drug" simply because it's in a new form. If that were the case, couldn't I make bubblegum ...... and it be legal because it's a new form?

Edit: wow seriously? {MODERATED} is a bleeped word?

Last edited by a moderator:

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I truly don't understand how they can classify e-liquid as a "new drug" simply because it's in a new form. If that were the case, couldn't I make bubblegum ...... and it be legal because it's a new form?

Edit: wow seriously? {MODERATED} is a bleeped word?

Why yes, yes it is. And so is circumventing the forum censors to get around a censored word.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ation/255864-why-we-dont-allow-drug-talk.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

9. Flaming, trolling, other misconduct
a. These are not permitted -
  • Flaming (insults).
  • Criticising or complaining about a Moderator, or how the site is run, except via PM (private message).
    [*]Discussion or mention of illegal/illicit drugs or sexual content.
  • Posting of vulgar videos.
  • Obscene or vulgar language.
    [*]Trying to place offensive text in a post by evading the forum's built-in word censor, using symbols or alternative letters for example.
  • Multiple identities/accounts - this also applies to Facebookers. Each member is allowed only one account on the ECF Forums.
  • Improper solicitation of goods, services, or monies from suppliers or other members. ECF is a "no begging zone".
  • Trolling (includes but is not restricted to:
  • Flooding the board with comments coming from a single point of view in multiple posts.
  • Deliberately posting something which is against our forum rules.
  • Posting something deliberately inflammatory - either to start a "flame war" or simply to cause difficulties for the Moderators.
  • Posting snide comments about another member.
  • Posting repeated criticism of Moderators or their moderation activities.
  • Engaging in behaviour which is disruptive to the general operation of the Forum.
  • Comments that insult people on the basis of their sexual orientation, religion, race, nationality, or country of origin.

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
In the form that I get it, e-juice prepared in a home, it wouldn't do good to overstock, as over time it may become unstable, at the least changing to a darker color. Currently, there are no expiration dates on the bottles, but being made primarily of food ingredients, those likely had one. They're not truly sealed either, just a cap screwed onto a 30ml bottle.

So stocking up for a few months to a year maybe, but 4-5 years, no I wouldn't bother.

Cat

I would definitely stockpile and would try to get enough to last a year. After that, I hope that a black market would have developed.
By the way, a black market may be necessary even if there is no ban but just those unjustified sin taxes.
I never bought tobacco illegally so I have always paid the taxes on it. I did so because the high taxes on tobacco are justified by the harm tobacco consumption creates. I would however buy e-liquid on the black market in a heartbeat if it was taxed heavily, simply because there is absolutely no justification for such a tax on vaping products.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
if they banned e-cigs ther would be aton of people breaking the law everyday. as far as stockpiling-my wife looks at all my e-liquid and already thinks that's what i have been doing... after 100 bottles i quit counting so i am not to worried about it. there will always be e-liquid around regardless of any laws they pass- a simple fact....

h0tsh0t

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Hampshire, UK
What if... I hate that phrase. Let's say they do ban 18650 high drain batteries what we use in ecigs, how could someone stockpile those? How long can that type of battery be stored unused??? LOL I think I read they need to be drained first? Can someone tell me if that is possible or not with these batteries... just wondering :nun::glug:
They won't ban the batteries - they're used elsewhere, such as in high power flashlights. Even if they did, there are plenty of other alternatives it's just that the power density of these batteries make them the most useful which is why they're used. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread