Please, don't vape where you can't smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
That is consider stealth vape and some call it ninja vaping.
I vape where ever i am smoking or non smoking areas, and have never had a negative response to what i was doing. People are more interested than anything, and if you dont want people to know you just hold it in longer and the steam dicipates in your lungs so nothing comes out :)

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
That is consider stealth vape and some call it ninja vaping.

I propose the term "deep stealth vaping" for those that do their absolute best to go undetected :)
For example, you are at the office and you purposely drop something under the desk, take a hit and
re-emerge having retrieved the fallen item.

Redneck500

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I propose the term "deep stealth vaping" for those that do their absolute best to go undetected :)
For example, you are at the office and you purposely drop something under the desk, take a hit and

I cant do that im a chain vaperer so i would be under the desk the whole time, it would be a little awkward :(

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
I guess maybe call dive vaping for that. I try it once in the swimming pool when I used to smoke analog, the smoke do come out of the water when u blow out from under the water Have not try the vaporizer yet. Lol

Redneck500

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I vape wherever I want. It's one of the reasons I got it. Usually, in restaurants etc, I ask though ;)

Id probably ask to, but it would just be a formality, if they say no, I would still vape :) Since it isn't smoking, there is no bans on them. It's the same thing as warming a cup of tea and having the steam blow off the top of the cup. So no, I'm not gonna not do it :) We have to stand strong!

zadane

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Seattle Washington, United States
Id probably ask to, but it would just be a formality, if they say no, I would still vape :) Since it isn't smoking, there is no bans on them. It's the same thing as warming a cup of tea and having the steam blow off the top of the cup. So no, I'm not gonna not do it :) We have to stand strong!

Asking is the right thing to do, and if they say no. then just listen to them and don't vape. All that will do is take someone who might have been converted to allowing vapers into someone who hates them.

and it could get YOU and every other vaper(while vaping) banned from the establishment

Redneck500

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Asking is the right thing to do, and if they say no. then just listen to them and don't vape. All that will do is take someone who might have been converted to allowing vapers into someone who hates them.

and it could get YOU and every other vaper(while vaping) banned from the establishment

See the problem though is everyone has this mental block in their head that when they see these Ecigarettes, there is smoking going on. People have to learn to look outside the box and understand that not everything is always as it seems. The reason smoking is banned in most places is because second hand smoke has been proven to cause health problems. Vaping is no different than doing any other activity IE eating, drinking, chewing gum. Do you see what I am saying? People are basically being allowed to use their own ignorance as an excuse to oppress us. The way that I look at it is, would I ask a shopkeeper if I could eat a candy bar in his store or chew a piece of gum? My answer would be No. So, if I am not going to ask a shopkeeper if I can eat a candy bar or chew a piece of gum, why would I ask him if I can puff on some steam? I am not trying to be a harda$$, but there comes a time in your life when you are sick and tired of people trying to give you a hard time. I have been dealing with crap like this ALL of my life, and I am tired of it.

Last edited:

zadane

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Seattle Washington, United States
Yes, I understand this philosophy, but think about this.

You go into a restaurant and ask permission to vape. they say yes you go and take your seat and vape your heart out, people look with wonder and confusion, you begin to explain and everyone has learned something new. and people have had their minds shattered.

Alright this time same restaurant different universe, the owner said no. You go to your seat and start vaping anyway. people look at you with wonder and confusion. The owner walks up and makes you leave. The people who were looking at you saw a negative reaction therefore their reaction is now negative to vaping.

not only that but the owner now hates vapers...

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
Alright this time same restaurant different universe, the owner said no. You go to your seat and start vaping anyway. people look at you with wonder and confusion. The owner walks up and makes you leave. The people who were looking at you saw a negative reaction therefore their reaction is now negative to vaping.

That is a different universe. Perhaps the owner is upset at being defied. The people around you think that you are a jerk because you didn't respect the wishes of the owner. Just maybe they have a negative feeling about jerks and no opinion on vaping. It's very possible that they admire you for finding a way to quit cigarettes.

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
Agreed with this, that why all vapers think before you Vape.

Yes, I understand this philosophy, but think about this.

You go into a restaurant and ask permission to vape. they say yes you go and take your seat and vape your heart out, people look with wonder and confusion, you begin to explain and everyone has learned something new. and people have had their minds shattered.

I don't vape in bars and restaurants where smoking is banned; maybe one day we can come out of the closet. The one thing I do love, though, is that I no longer have to go outside my non-smoking apartment to smoke. I vape pretty much all day, and you could walk into my apt and never know it. I am proof-positive that vaping leaves no unpleasant odors when done inside...

smilyblue

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2010
NH
I don't really vape in public that much if at all. I usually just vape in my car or home. I have never thought about vaping where smoking isn't allowed, it doesn't seem right to me because it does look like smoking and I want to be an ex-smoker. I don't want to draw that kind of attention to myself anyway. Funny, at work tonight someone asked if I had syrup with my frenchtoast today before work because they can smell it on me...I vape frenchtoast and I felt weirded out by that question...at least it smells good and not like an ashtray :)

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
I don't really vape in public that much if at all. I usually just vape in my car or home. I have never thought about vaping where smoking isn't allowed, it doesn't seem right to me because it does look like smoking and I want to be an ex-smoker. I don't want to draw that kind of attention to myself anyway. Funny, at work tonight someone asked if I had syrup with my frenchtoast today before work because they can smell it on me...I vape frenchtoast and I felt weirded out by that question...at least it smells good and not like an ashtray :)

I've told this story before, but I vape at will in my office (my employer is very supportive of my vaping, insofar as it means I'm not smoking). Once, after several exhalations of Atomic Cinnecide, our receptionist walked in and said "ummmm...cinnamon air freshener?"

Try getting that reaction after smoking a Camel non-filtered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread