Status
Not open for further replies.

xaxphaanes

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
salt lake, utah
I can see why the fda wants to ban since what is stopping someone from over dosing on the liquid form? i mean i can smoke till my lungs bleed(analogs) but i doubt you would od from it,it would make you sick before you could od on it.with the liquid form you could just gulp down a bottle and die so i see there reasoning....now what that means for us is the liquid would no longer be available but they would just have to make premade cartridges with all the flavors and variety that we like the problem with that though is those little cartridges are freakin expensive..

so 1 we wouldnt have enough to od on thus being regulated and controlled
2 they would tax it of course so they make money.
3 little cartridges dont last very long and we would have to buy in bulk think of cartons of cartridges? lol?

xaxphaanes

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
salt lake, utah
How so? you cant tell me that some kid drinking a bottle of e-liquid wouldnt have some serious effects ( not trying to start trouble just trying to understand your reasoning)even right now we have no idea how much nic we are taking with this stuff since there are too many factors that come into play, and i think this is the main concern with the fda imo.

Antig

Jun 9, 2009
Los Angeles
How so? you cant tell me that some kid drinking a bottle of e-liquid wouldnt have some serious effects ( not trying to start trouble just trying to understand your reasoning)even right now we have no idea how much nic we are taking with this stuff since there are too many factors that come into play, and i think this is the main concern with the fda imo.

relatively speaking, why would a kid drink a bottle of nic? he is more likely to drink a bottle of rubbing alcohol thinking that it would be similar to an alcoholic drink.

Safira

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Plainfield,IL

Couldn't a child also eat a pack of analogs and kill themselves that way? Vaping yourself to death is like alcohol poisoning, it can be done but it's very hard to do.

If the FDA was really worried about the poisonous things little Johnny might eat or drink then ban fluoride too.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
The issue is not about having a poisonous substance around that could kill your child or someone else. Everyone has poisonous substances in their homes that could do that. Ever hear of a kid drinking Lysol? That's why they have the poison line. Keep poisonous substances, including e liquid and Lysol where your kid can't get to them.

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
go read the label on your kids toothpaste, people actually encourage their children to self regulate their intake of this......and it's flavored like candy

HK45

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
USA
I can see why the fda wants to ban since what is stopping someone from over dosing on the liquid form? i mean i can smoke till my lungs bleed(analogs) but i doubt you would od from it,it would make you sick before you could od on it.with the liquid form you could just gulp down a bottle and die so i see there reasoning....now what that means for us is the liquid would no longer be available but they would just have to make premade cartridges with all the flavors and variety that we like the problem with that though is those little cartridges are freakin expensive..

so 1 we wouldnt have enough to od on thus being regulated and controlled
2 they would tax it of course so they make money.
3 little cartridges dont last very long and we would have to buy in bulk think of cartons of cartridges? lol?

I could also gulp down a bottle of bleach, drain cleaner, and a myriad of other household products and die. What makes this more reasonable? Alcoholics will drink Aqua Velva and die if they can't get their hooch. So, do we ban everything with alcohol in it just because a few people might be stupid enough to do something? I'm tired of the government dictating what is good for me!

As for the thread topic, I've been stockpiling my wallet keeps hiding from me! ;-)

Last edited:

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Oh dont get me wrong i would prolly stock up like mad but they really want to ban it since they arent making any money on it.and once they do start making money on it (if) then it would probably be overpriced to all hell and allot of people would just go back to analogs or quit.

The problem is, if you wait until something goes down before you start to stock up, it will be too late. I started stocking months ago. If they stay like they are, I'm good for years. If they're banned or taxed heavily, I'm still good for years.

usamare

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Wadsworth
I'm seeing a different approach. If things go south for e-cigs, then we start buying up vaporizers from iolite and vapir. Spend $20 or so on some strong pipe tobacco, put it into a jar with vg or pg (like the guy in the iolite video). Then add any flavors you want, and vape for a very long time. I'm not a fan of the fact that the things are harder to reload, but with or without e-cigs we can hold out for as long as it takes.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Stocking up isn't a bad idea, but I seriously doubt we'll have problems getting the product even if it is banned. People get all sorts of illegal things right now with very little effort. The companies retailing e-cigarettes will just move off shore so they can continue to get stock and the federal government doesn't have enough manpower to check each and every package coming into the country for contraband. Stock up, but don't get hysterical. Just remember this: pot has been illegal in America for generations, and yet well over half of the population has at tried it at least once. A ban doesn't mean we won't be able to get what we want.

Bones

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
Austin, Texas
The problem is, if you wait until something goes down before you start to stock up, it will be too late. I started stocking months ago. If they stay like they are, I'm good for years. If they're banned or taxed heavily, I'm still good for years.

If you stockpile too much it is futile - From what I have read the shelf life of the e-juice is 1.5-2 years - If you have more than a 2 year supply - You may as well sell off the surplus or throw it away now - It's going to go off before you use it - You are better off learning how to make your own - danger danger danger - Yes I know the disclaimers - But done in small batches (1 pack of snus at a time) it is not that dangerous unless you do something really stupid like do a shot of it - In which case I'd say thank you for cleaning up the gene pool :) - Those little packs are suposed to sit in your mouth - They won't kill ya - :cool:

Bones

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
Austin, Texas

This is what PARENTS are for - Not the GOVERNMENT -
And why do you think "we have no idea how much nic we are taking"?
There are charts and calculators all over this sight and others -
You think that the MG rating is just a made up number that means nothing?

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Hmmm - not at all sure about stockpiling.

If they ban e-cig liquid and keep tobacco legal I'd probably move to one of the I-Inhale-type devices and grow my own tobacco (for fun - buy from tobacconist otherwise). I'd still vape - but probably a little vg/pg mix that I'd let baccy stand in for a while. By the way, that's just what I'd try - I am NOT suggesting that anyone else should try this.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
This is what PARENTS are for - Not the GOVERNMENT

Exactly. Drinking chlorine bleach will kill you too, but it isn't outlawed because of that fact. The proper use and storage of bleach is left up to the consumer. Suggesting that e-liquid is somehow more of a hazard than the dozens of chemicals people have in their houses right now is just a scare tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread