Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I really can't think of any reason that I would have to quit vaping. If one did arise, I would try to go cold turkey. I would not want or plan to go back to smoking.

I have seen many vapers quit vaping and end up going back to smoking. Right back here on the forum trying to start vaping again. I also know some personally that have successfully quit vaping. They just reduced their nicotine little by little until they got to zero nicotine. Then they quit.

I enjoy vaping and have no plans to quit vaping in the future. Yes, I do think that it has become a bit of a hobby.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
I have enough supplies to vape for years but if for some crazy reason I had to quit vaping I would go cold turkey. I quit vaping awhile back while recovering from shoulder surgery and didn't have the miserable withdrawals symptoms that I had with multiple attempts to quit cigarettes. I don't think nicotine alone is the addiction monster that most would like you to believe.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
For those of you who have been vaping for a long time if you had to quit would you automatically go back to ciggs or just cold turkey. I know most of us start vaping as a means to quit tobacco but do you guys feel like it's becoming a hobby? And how do you get out of the vape world lol.

I would not go back to consumption via combustion.
Hobbies are good for you.
If you want to leave...wean down to Zero; vaping becomes 100% choice.

:toast:

Reactions: logicalvaper

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I really can't think of any reason that I would have to quit vaping. If one did arise, I would try to go cold turkey. I would not want or plan to go back to smoking.

I have seen many vapers quit vaping and end up going back to smoking. Right back here on the forum trying to start vaping again. I also know some personally that have successfully quit vaping. They just reduced their nicotine little by little until they got to zero nicotine. Then they quit.

I enjoy vaping and have no plans to quit vaping in the future. Yes, I do think that it has become a bit of a hobby.

These are exactly my thoughts and experiences. Well said!

Reactions: salemgold

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I would like to say I would never go back to inhaling burning filth, but in all honesty I know that I probably would.
I remember the innumerable attempts I made to give up smoking before and what a powerful hold it had on me. That's why I'm making sure that I'm in a position not to have to stop vaping regardless of it's persecution.
I have a stockpile, but I will go to the black-market if I have to.

UuwjRnq.gif

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Its been known for more than 50 years that smoking masked the symptoms of Parkinson's Disease, and in some cases delayed the onset of tremors for many years ...

Of course, its a classic case of a treatment more deadly than the disease itself ...

Such was my own experience , a family history of PD, but very little evidence of the disease until I attempted to quit smoking in my 50s. By then, the tremors and stiffness were pronounced enough that I resumed tobacco use just to continue working. My profession required fine motor control and mobility ...

Now that I'm retired, I've found vaping 24mg nicotine to be an adequate self-treatment, far more so than the AMA-approved list of pharmaceuticals for PD, all of which have had serious side effects and limited duration of effectiveness ...

So will I ever quit vaping ? Not if I want to eat without stabbing my face with a fork, or sign my name legibly ...

An interesting excerpt from a relevant article ...

Interestingly, though, a population-based study10 conducted by Dr. Checkoway and colleagues discovered lower rates of PD in people who consumed nicotine from another source altogether: peppers. They found an inverse association between PD and “consumption of nicotine-containing edibles from the same botanical family as tobacco, Solanaceae, including peppers, tomatoes, and potatoes.” The strongest effect was found for peppers, which appeared to reduce risk among non-smokers almost as much as active smoking. No such link was found for other types of vegetables.

The Troubling Link Between Parkinson's and Smoking: Can We Deny the Benefits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread