The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

If you had to quit vaping

Discussion in 'Ask The Veterans' started by Kickingthesticks, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kickingthesticks

Kickingthesticks Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    For those of you who have been vaping for a long time if you had to quit would you automatically go back to ciggs or just cold turkey. I know most of us start vaping as a means to quit tobacco but do you guys feel like it's becoming a hobby? And how do you get out of the vape world lol.

• Like Like x 1
  2. salemgold

salemgold ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    I really can't think of any reason that I would have to quit vaping. If one did arise, I would try to go cold turkey. I would not want or plan to go back to smoking.

I have seen many vapers quit vaping and end up going back to smoking. Right back here on the forum trying to start vaping again. I also know some personally that have successfully quit vaping. They just reduced their nicotine little by little until they got to zero nicotine. Then they quit.

I enjoy vaping and have no plans to quit vaping in the future. Yes, I do think that it has become a bit of a hobby.

• Like Like x 5
  3. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    I have enough supplies to vape for years but if for some crazy reason I had to quit vaping I would go cold turkey. I quit vaping awhile back while recovering from shoulder surgery and didn't have the miserable withdrawals symptoms that I had with multiple attempts to quit cigarettes. I don't think nicotine alone is the addiction monster that most would like you to believe.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    I would not go back to consumption via combustion.
    Hobbies are good for you.
    If you want to leave...wean down to Zero; vaping becomes 100% choice.

:toast:

• Like Like x 1
  5. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    These are exactly my thoughts and experiences. Well said!

• Like Like x 1
  6. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    I would like to say I would never go back to inhaling burning filth, but in all honesty I know that I probably would.
    I remember the innumerable attempts I made to give up smoking before and what a powerful hold it had on me. That's why I'm making sure that I'm in a position not to have to stop vaping regardless of it's persecution.
    I have a stockpile, but I will go to the black-market if I have to.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  7. bnrkwest

bnrkwest Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I would not go back to smoking, I love vaping and plan on keeping vaping for many many years. But if I had to quit vaping I would never smoke again. BT is not getting my money ever again.

• Like Like x 4
  8. rico942

rico942 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    Its been known for more than 50 years that smoking masked the symptoms of Parkinson's Disease, and in some cases delayed the onset of tremors for many years ...

Of course, its a classic case of a treatment more deadly than the disease itself ...

Such was my own experience , a family history of PD, but very little evidence of the disease until I attempted to quit smoking in my 50s. By then, the tremors and stiffness were pronounced enough that I resumed tobacco use just to continue working. My profession required fine motor control and mobility ...

Now that I'm retired, I've found vaping 24mg nicotine to be an adequate self-treatment, far more so than the AMA-approved list of pharmaceuticals for PD, all of which have had serious side effects and limited duration of effectiveness ...

So will I ever quit vaping ? Not if I want to eat without stabbing my face with a fork, or sign my name legibly ...

An interesting excerpt from a relevant article ...

The Troubling Link Between Parkinson's and Smoking: Can We Deny the Benefits?

• Like Like x 7
  9. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Well, we don't talk much about addiction here on the ecf, but there's evidence of it daily...

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.