Status
Not open for further replies.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
For those that have this rda, what are the posts like after modification? Do you still put the Kanthal through holes or is it wrapped around the screws? Just wondering what to expect as I think I'm going to get this rda. I really like the original Igo S so I'm hoping this is similar. Oh, also has the air hole been modified or is it as small as the original? Thanks.

Cliven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
UT
You still put the coil through holes and tighten with screws. The juice hole is drilled at the bottom of the center post which I really like as this is where I put one of my cotton legs. I got the IGO a couple weeks ago and I really like it. At first, the cap seemed wobbly as it just pushes on, not screwed like the RM2. As Rob suggested, I removed the bottom o-ring that the cap sits on and it is very secure. I actually think I'll be getting a couple more.

Edit...the air hole I believe is 3/64. I think it's the same as the RM2.

Last edited:

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
hm, that's weird about the wobbly cap. I've been using my Igo s for about a year now & it fits nice & snug with both rings. It does easily slide off but only when I'm trying to get it off.

Anyway, I saw a video of someone modding an Igo S & his didn't have a second hole for the juice so he had to wrap the wire on the screws. I was hoping this one wouldn't be like that as I'm not an enormous fan of that.

Thanks for the info. That was the only reason I was hesitant to get one but now that I know that I'll be picking one up. I like how it looks on my mini.

edit: oh wait, bottom oh ring it SITS on? Is it the same size oring as the one higher up? On my original there are 2 orings & they are the same size.

Last edited:

Cliven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
UT
edit: oh wait, bottom oh ring it SITS on? Is it the same size oring as the one higher up? On my original there are 2 orings & they are the same size.

There were a total of 3 o-rings. If the pic comes out, you can see the posts as well as the juice hole. Also, you see the remaining 2 o-rings with the plate that the cap sits on, without o-ring.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 23

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
hm, that's weird about the wobbly cap. I've been using my Igo s for about a year now & it fits nice & snug with both rings. It does easily slide off but only when I'm trying to get it off.

Anyway, I saw a video of someone modding an Igo S & his didn't have a second hole for the juice so he had to wrap the wire on the screws. I was hoping this one wouldn't be like that as I'm not an enormous fan of that.

Thanks for the info. That was the only reason I was hesitant to get one but now that I know that I'll be picking one up. I like how it looks on my mini.

Not the case with the one Rob mods. The juice hole on mine sits 90 degrees from the wire feed hole almost on the deck and the machining is meticulous and the juice feeds superbly; you wouldn't expect anything less from Rob than perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread