IGO-F anyone? Crcikets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I'm using daily two IGO-F rebuildable atomizers.
They produce outstanding vapor quality with their virgin coil/wick.
Contrast to many rebuildables that require perfect coil/wick placement to produce medium vapor quality.
Decent clouds to boot.
In my book IGO-F has many pros and few cons.
Does anyone else love the IGO-F as I?

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
Used one for a hot minute but the air hole is too dang low. The tank was nice for a short trip out and about, but I could never get more than 4-5 drops in it afterwards without it leaking. Overall I really liked it, but it wasn't practical for me to leave the house with.
On a side note-
The way the connection meets in the tank seemed like it added quite a bit of resistance overall.... I think it could do with some better contact material in there, but for the price it does the job.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Used one for a hot minute but the air hole is too dang low. The tank was nice for a short trip out and about, but I could never get more than 4-5 drops in it afterwards without it leaking. Overall I really liked it, but it wasn't practical for me to leave the house with.
On a side note-
The way the connection meets in the tank seemed like it added quite a bit of resistance overall.... I think it could do with some better contact material in there, but for the price it does the job.

UD seems to improve design based on reviews. I've seen a few examples.

The current IGO-F has a much higher air hole than in a review I saw. I normally drip 10 drops w/o any leaks.

Voltage drop test:
1-4-14
samsung INR18650-20R
Brass nemesis clone (never cleaned threads)
IGO-F (didn't snug coil terminals)
1.2 ohm
Voltage drop = 0.34 volts

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I repeated voltage drop test w/ 2 other atomizers w/ same coil style and resistance (double checked).

Voltage drop test:
1-4-14
samsung INR18650-20R
Brass nemesis clone (never cleaned threads, axle greased switch post)
Pulse G clone (didn't snug coil terminals)
1.2 ohm
Voltage drop = 0.09 volts

Voltage drop test:
1-4-14
samsung INR18650-20R
AGI tank mode (didn't snug coil terminals)
1.2 ohm
Voltage drop = 0.21 volts

Voltage drop test (repeat):
1-4-14
samsung INR18650-20R
Pulse G clone (did snug coil terminals)
1.2 ohm
Voltage drop = 0.09 volts (retested the same).

That pulse G clone is showing off:)

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
IGO-F has been kicking Aqua's clone .... all week.
Decided to give IGO-F a little love.
Opened her up and found a little pointy nipple on positive contact inside tank.
I picked SS nipple off w/ knife and polished the positive contact surface w/ 1000 grit then 2000 grit.

Voltage drop test:
1-10-14
samsung INR18650-20R
SS 101vape nemesis clone (ox-gard on switch post)
IGO-F (OEM contact surfaces)
1.2 ohm
Voltage drop = 0.31 volts

Voltage drop test:
1-10-14
samsung INR18650-20R
SS 101vape nemesis clone (ox-gard on switch post)
IGO-F (emus polished contact surfaces)
1.2 ohm
Voltage drop = 0.16 volts

Summary: IGO-F is champion and stronger than ever. Ready for next contestant.

Bonus: To up the game IGO-F held a full 1.5 ml and could probably drink more. 1 ml in tank plus 0.5 ml through drip tip w/o leaking a drop.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
3/32" twisted 30GA vs super_x style micro:
dBV1JvJ.jpg

cantstopwontstop

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
cary,nc,usa
I have one but I don't use it at all. The only reason I bought it was because I love all the other IGO products and the vendor I purchased it from had it on sale for 9.99. I couldn't ever get it working to were I liked it to much. Basically just sits around and collects dust now. The biggest problem is that it won't register on my meter making it not of any use (Safety factor!!). I even tried to sand down the insulator but the contact is too recessed into the 510 connection to make any difference.

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
I ran my Igo-F on a Smoktech WoW 5v regulated ego looking thingy (sanded off the black crap when it started peeling off) - stacked AW ICR RCR123A's. I think it had a 3amp limit on the switch. I would run 2.0 to 2.5ohm mirco coils and cotton with the hole drilled out to 1/16 and another hole drilled out above that one. The cotton plus the little reservoir would get like 20 drops in it. That little thing blew clouds without lung hits and taste awesome thanks to that little chamber.
High voltage + 32awg + microcoil + cotton + small chamber = awesome :)
I do miss kinda miss it.
null_zpsd1e83160.jpg

8c5ce005-0db6-4707-a498-e201ab82105e.jpg

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I have one but I don't use it at all. The only reason I bought it was because I love all the other IGO products and the vendor I purchased it from had it on sale for 9.99. I couldn't ever get it working to were I liked it to much. Basically just sits around and collects dust now. The biggest problem is that it won't register on my meter making it not of any use (Safety factor!!). I even tried to sand down the insulator but the contact is too recessed into the 510 connection to make any difference.

Interesting. My 2014 IGO-F toppers all have 510 center hot pin tip contact that extends about 1 mm below 510 threads. Most of my other toppers extend less than about 0.5 mm. In other words, my IGO-F sits higher on mods that don't have adjustable hot pin.

Perhaps your deck post wasn't pressed in far enough by factory? Are both of your above deck posts the same height? My deck posts are about 5.5 mm above deck floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread