IGO-L Rebuildable Stainless Steel Dripping Atomizer Anyone have one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
Any cheap bit will do. This isn't high grade stainless, and you're only increasing the hole size a TINY amount. Any bit is fine. It's really not as bad as people make it out to be. Once you've got the cap secured, it takes less than 5 seconds to drill. Not a big deal.

That's good to know, I had read some posts a while ago from people who were commenting about how much of a pain it was to drill the IGO out. Maybe they just didn't have the cap secured well.

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan, yearning for home
That's good to know, I had read some posts a while ago from people who were commenting about how much of a pain it was to drill the IGO out. Maybe they just didn't have the cap secured well.

You've never done it, but you still felt you could offer advice? It's nice to try and be helpful and all, but if you don't have any experience in the matter...

_sidekick_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
The airhole in my clone is about 3/64". I'm going to have it drilled out to 1.5mm or 1/16", depending on what the shop has. I'll post my thoughts after having it done. This is my current build, which I think could use a slightly larger airhole:
ubydysyz.jpg

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
You've never done it, but you still felt you could offer advice? It's nice to try and be helpful and all, but if you don't have any experience in the matter...

I based my advice on speaking with a family member who regularly works with metals and whose opinion I trust; he suggested using cobalt or titanium drill bits for drilling holes in stainless steel. And as I said, I had seen people post elsewhere who had drilled out the cap say that they had some problems.

EDIT: After thinking about my response I wanted to clarify. I'm glad that people have been able to improve their vape experience with the IGO-L by drilling out the air hole with a general use drill bit. I never said it couldn't be done, I was just saying that (based on research and a recommendation from someone who has knowledge about metalworking) if you don't use a drill bit designed to drill through stainless steel you can't expect your drill bit to perform well for very long. Personally I'm waiting to get a set of small metric titanium bits before I start experimenting with larger air holes.

Your point is valid, however. For future readers: I personally have not drilled out the air hole in my IGO-L cap (yet).

Last edited:

Lumiis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2009
London, Kentucky
Good advice here, will be drilling soon, so one more question.. Saw a couple pages back (more like 10-15) someone drilled holes in the posts for the wire to pass through, like other Rba's (will try to find the post # or a pic of it) - My question is, will this mess up the screw threads causing the screws themselves to not tighten properly?

Thanks in advance, would like to have holy posts, but my wraps are fine without the added convenience.

Dominick0311

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Long beach
This is my new setup. I had a build I posted in the working setup thread, but I had 28 gauge kanthal. It was taking too many wraps to get around 1.5 - 1.7 ohms, the coil was large and took a long time to heat up. I could a micro coil type thing, but wanted a thinner coil, so I just bought 30 gauge and set this up and it's working great. 2.7 ohms firing at 5.5. I'm going to rebuild it again later to drop the ohms a bit.

yellowsnow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
New Mexico
I agree...1/16" is perfect for me. I do have a few others with different sizes to tr out different things, but the 1/16" is the one i enjoy the most.

I built a perfect 1.9 OHM coil stuffed it with cotton. I get a super strong TH but very little vapor. I guess unless someone can tell me otherwise I will drill mine to the 1/16.

MikeA5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Methuen, MA
I built a perfect 1.9 OHM coil stuffed it with cotton. I get a super strong TH but very little vapor. I guess unless someone can tell me otherwise I will drill mine to the 1/16.

Make sure that the air hole is aligned with the coil other wise you'll get a lot less vapor than you would if it is aligned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread