Ijoy asolo 200w

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErrorOfWays

Mar 4, 2018
Honestly, I'm not really familiar with that mod but have you seen any hard reset buttons anywhere on it? Some mods have one, and it could be handy in a case like this.
Not that I can really tell. When I look in the battery chamber there is a slot that I can see the chip but unsure if there is one there

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Wow. You may be hosed here.:(
Rule one of electronics: have you turned it off and on?
Having a password that resets when you change batteries is a bonehead move but so is designing a password system into a mod in the first place so I suppose it can’t hurt to try: maybe remove the batteries, leave it overnite then replace them and see if the thing resets. Probability is low but I’m afraid it’s all I got. You may have to wait till if/when the company responds.

ErrorOfWays

Mar 4, 2018
Wow. You may be hosed here.:(
Rule one of electronics: have you turned it off and on?
Having a password that resets when you change batteries is a bonehead move but so is designing a password system into a mod in the first place so I suppose it can’t hurt to try: maybe remove the batteries, leave it overnite then replace them and see if the thing resets. Probability is low but I’m afraid it’s all I got. You may have to wait till if/when the company responds.
Bonehead move is correct. And iIam paying the price lol. I will give that a shot and hope they respond quick . Thanks for helping anyhow

• Optimistic

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
A digital security system for a battery box, oh my goodness, that's the silliest thing I've heard this year. :)
Perhaps connect the USB port to a Linux box and run a brute-force attack on it?

I doubt that there is a reset button or process as this would defeat the point. The person sneaking a furtive unauthorised vape could just use this procedure too.

I would be fascinated too hear what iJoy come back to you with as advice.

• Agree

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I would be fascinated too hear what iJoy come back to you with as advice.

That is IF they get back with him. Around November I tried contacting Ijoy and waited about a week with no response, so I emailed them daily for about 2 weeks and have never seen a reply yet. I ended up getting a new mod and tossed the ijoy. I also could not get a reply from them about two years ago when I had an issue with an RDTA by them, I just got lucky and my local shop took care of that one.

Hopefully ErrorOfWays gets a helpful response that can get his mod back up and going.

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Oh, that's unfortunate. I can kind of see the usefulness if one was full of a household of kids, teens, etc., and my guess is that it's going to be a difficult problem to deal with, since I guess the password is going to be designed to not allow overrides.

I hope that Ijoy gets back to you on this one, although I agree with above advice to pull the batteries and let it go dead for a while, but I'm not hugely optimistic about it.

Maybe watch a review or two on the device, it may be possible that an ingenious reviewer has "tested" the password feature, and I might try contacting the vendor, to see if THEY might have more luck getting in touch with the manufacturer.

Good luck,

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
So I am one of those people that set a password on my vape. Guilty lol. Anyways i set one on my ijoy asolo 200w mod and now when I enter it it says that is wrong .I have contacted the manufacturer but they have not replied and i am getting frustrated with this. Can anybody help me?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Want to try all four, exactly as shown and just four zero or capital letter oh's:w00t:
I hope they put more thought into their design, and you wonder why some manufacturers never get it right.
"Friend set password on ijoy asolo 200w mod and now when he enters it it says that is wrong. What can he do?
IJOY0000
BobThat 4 zero in a row. Thanks I'll let him know."
IJOY - The World Leader in Vape Manufacturer-Diamond/Captain/Capo/20700-Manuals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread