Vapage Hybrid atomizer Version 2.0 (BF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

heymichael

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
Well, I ordered 4 of them. I put the first on on my Ali'i. It got stuck on the needle. When I tried to remove it, it pulled the whole thing apart. None of the other 3 would fit either. These ARE the second generation. I was really hoping for something great. I was greatly disappointed. My rating? FAIL!

Alright, let's jump right in. I've had this atty for nearly a week and here my thoughts...

I am reviewing version 2.0 (at least I believe it's the second version), of the 2.5ohm Bottom Feeding Hybrid atomizer from VAPAGE.com Premium Vaping, Disposable Ecig & Electronic Cigarette Outfitters

I have written a first impressions review of the previous version, and overall I was pleased with the atomizers but still had some gripes. One of the biggest would of been the harshness I was getting from some of the standard attys. None the less, I am extremely pleased with this atomizer.

Here is a quick showing of the atomizer...

As you can tell, it does produce great vapor. When I am showing a new atomizer/cartomizer, I like to try and take brief draws as opposed to my normal draw. Everyone hits their pv differently and I try to keep the draw brief so that one could assimilate how well the item might work for them. Using our "vaping imagination"...

Anyways, the TH is fantastic. What I mean by that, is, that it is smooth and present. Absolutely no harshness and a full bodied TH with every draw (given of course that this will also depend on the juice and potential/resistance being used). Very satisfying.

The flavor is freakin' great. The Hybrids, if you did not know, are bridge-less atomizers and come with no primer on them when received... thank the Heavens. Candy from vape-a-licious makes a MEAN brew and the Hybrid gives Blueberries and Cream every bit of justice deserved.

Here I have a short video showing the differences from the Version 1 (BF) as opposed to the Version 2 (BF)...

As you saw, the improvements include the gasket and milled bottom post. Which I believe was done to accommodate for those who were having trouble over tightening their attys... yes, this happened.

The tapered hole on the post gives it a tighter draw?, which in my opinion, there is a noticeable and welcomed change. It seems that the vapor is a little warmer because of this? (less airy), but this, once again, also has to do with the potential/resistance used in your own personal device.

I am having very little to absolutely no trouble with leaking, at all. Which is fantastic. Then again, if you're using a bottom feeding device, chances are, you have a catch cup. But, still, I like knowing that the juice is being used in the atty, rather than leaking directly into my catch cup. Hybrids have a knack for being juice hogs, because obviously you need to keep them wet consistently in order to get a steady and consistent vape. This was a gripe in my beginning experiences (version 1's), but at this point, it bothers me not at all.

It is quite difficult to flood this atomizer, for that I am eternally grateful. Nothing worse than having a flooded atty and the need to take the atty off and blow out perfectly innocent and delicious juice out onto a paper towel... With this atomizer, I feel that I am doing my juice justice. Every drop is being used, and used well.

Overall, I am as I had said, extremely pleased with this atomizer. Could it of been the little changes that made such a difference? Perhaps. These attys are competitively priced and work damn good. If you own a bottom feeding mod, I do believe you owe it to yourself to at least try one of these Vapage Hybrids out, and I don't believe you'll be disappointed in the least.

I will try and remember to post a follow up with the Version 2 (2.0ohm) atty, but with life as busy as it is, I often lose track of myself.

Thank you for reading this extremely long review. I hope that some of you find it useful.

Edit: I do not know if all of my information is 100% correct, I am merely speculating. I will find out for sure and edit or not if need be. At the moment, I am tired and I am going to sleep.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
there was a 510 to 510 adapter made by R&R for the Ali to use reg attys that had too small of holes. Dont know if you can get one from them but it had a tiny tube that would fit all attys.. Might check with them if you can still reach them at R & R.

Well, I ordered 4 of them. I put the first on on my Ali'i. It got stuck on the needle. When I tried to remove it, it pulled the whole thing apart. None of the other 3 would fit either. These ARE the second generation. I was really hoping for something great. I was greatly disappointed. My rating? FAIL!

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
@heymichael: I have one if R&R does not have them anymore, you can pm me

there was a 510 to 510 adapter made by R&R for the Ali to use reg attys that had too small of holes. Dont know if you can get one from them but it had a tiny tube that would fit all attys.. Might check with them if you can still reach them at R & R.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
It would have been nice if they would have said for bottom feeding mods EXCEPT Ali'i's.

Well, of course. But what atty vendor really tests every single device that might come into contact with it? I would say, absolutely none of them.

I understand your distress, and for that I grieve for your vaping woes. But, this doesn't mean that the atty is a complete fail, only that it isn't compatible with the Ali'i's feeding system without an adapter. The atty itself, in my opinion, is a complete win.

This is very unfortunate, but it is the first problem like this I've ever seen with these atomizers (there was, of course, the previous problem with people over tightening their attys, but that's a different animal all together). I hope that your mod wasn't harmed in the trying of these attys.

Have you maybe tried contacting Vapage? Really, it isn't their fault per say, but they might work with you perhaps? If you ever get a 510 to 510 and try the atty out, I hope you enjoy it.

heymichael

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
I agree with you. I got them from Clouds of Vapor who stated they got them from Vapage. They may work wonderfully on the Vapage, but when you put it out there that they are meant for bottom feeding devices, and the Ali'i is one of the better selling devices, they fail. Just a warning to all who own an Ali'i.

Well, of course. But what atty vendor really tests every single device that might come into contact with it? I would say, absolutely none of them.

I understand your distress, and for that I grieve for your vaping woes. But, this doesn't mean that the atty is a complete fail, only that it isn't compatible with the Ali'i's feeding system without an adapter. The atty itself, in my opinion, is a complete win.

This is very unfortunate, but it is the first problem like this I've ever seen with these atomizers (there was, of course, the previous problem with people over tightening their attys, but that's a different animal all together). I hope that your mod wasn't harmed in the trying of these attys.

Have you maybe tried contacting Vapage? Really, it isn't their fault per say, but they might work with you perhaps? If you ever get a 510 to 510 and try the atty out, I hope you enjoy it.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Just thought I'd pop in and note that this atty (as shown in review), is still going strong. It's hitting as well as when I first broke it in and I haven't had the need to clean it once.

Generally, I vape on this atty about 10-20 minutes a day, given that it's holding my 'here and there' flavor in it. But, it's almost been a month and I've had zero issues with it.

To also note: I've been using a 2.0ohm on my Vmod and it too has been working wonderfully.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Here is a photo of the Vapage 2.0 Hybrid BF atomizer I bought last week.

juicejunky-albums-hybrid-attys-picture57455-vapage20hybridbf03cu.jpg

juicejunky-albums-hybrid-attys-picture57454-vapage20hybridbf03b.jpg

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Hey guys I bought a 1.5 BF but I'm not enthusiastic with the performance. I got much more flavour TH and vapour with my 510 LR, any thoughts?

The Hybrid has a break-in period, and isn't for the hard quick pull style of vaping.
It's more for the folks who like to take a 3-4 second draw and really fill up on vapor.
I'm not sure why you aren't getting flavor. The Hybrid tends to have great flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread