Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Alright, let's jump right in. I've had this atty for nearly a week and here my thoughts...

I am reviewing version 2.0 (at least I believe it's the second version), of the 2.5ohm Bottom Feeding Hybrid atomizer from VAPAGE.com Premium Vaping, Disposable Ecig & Electronic Cigarette Outfitters

I have written a first impressions review of the previous version, and overall I was pleased with the atomizers but still had some gripes. One of the biggest would of been the harshness I was getting from some of the standard attys. None the less, I am extremely pleased with this atomizer.

Here is a quick showing of the atomizer...

As you can tell, it does produce great vapor. When I am showing a new atomizer/cartomizer, I like to try and take brief draws as opposed to my normal draw. Everyone hits their pv differently and I try to keep the draw brief so that one could assimilate how well the item might work for them. Using our "vaping imagination"...

Anyways, the TH is fantastic. What I mean by that, is, that it is smooth and present. Absolutely no harshness and a full bodied TH with every draw (given of course that this will also depend on the juice and potential/resistance being used). Very satisfying.

The flavor is freakin' great. The Hybrids, if you did not know, are bridge-less atomizers and come with no primer on them when received... thank the Heavens. Candy from vape-a-licious makes a MEAN brew and the Hybrid gives Blueberries and Cream every bit of justice deserved.

Here I have a short video showing the differences from the Version 1 (BF) as opposed to the Version 2 (BF)...

As you saw, the improvements include the gasket and milled bottom post. Which I believe was done to accommodate for those who were having trouble over tightening their attys... yes, this happened.

The tapered hole on the post gives it a tighter draw?, which in my opinion, there is a noticeable and welcomed change. It seems that the vapor is a little warmer because of this? (less airy), but this, once again, also has to do with the potential/resistance used in your own personal device.

I am having very little to absolutely no trouble with leaking, at all. Which is fantastic. Then again, if you're using a bottom feeding device, chances are, you have a catch cup. But, still, I like knowing that the juice is being used in the atty, rather than leaking directly into my catch cup. Hybrids have a knack for being juice hogs, because obviously you need to keep them wet consistently in order to get a steady and consistent vape. This was a gripe in my beginning experiences (version 1's), but at this point, it bothers me not at all.

It is quite difficult to flood this atomizer, for that I am eternally grateful. Nothing worse than having a flooded atty and the need to take the atty off and blow out perfectly innocent and delicious juice out onto a paper towel... With this atomizer, I feel that I am doing my juice justice. Every drop is being used, and used well.

Overall, I am as I had said, extremely pleased with this atomizer. Could it of been the little changes that made such a difference? Perhaps. These attys are competitively priced and work damn good. If you own a bottom feeding mod, I do believe you owe it to yourself to at least try one of these Vapage Hybrids out, and I don't believe you'll be disappointed in the least.

I will try and remember to post a follow up with the Version 2 (2.0ohm) atty, but with life as busy as it is, I often lose track of myself.

Thank you for reading this extremely long review. I hope that some of you find it useful.

Edit: I do not know if all of my information is 100% correct, I am merely speculating. I will find out for sure and edit or not if need be. At the moment, I am tired and I am going to sleep.

Last edited:

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
:thumb:
Great review! I'm a bit over a month now on my 2.5 ohm BF. Exclusive hard use (chain vaper) of this one atty. I don't rotate attys and have only vaped this pv for that time for a longevity test. No cleanings save a few blow outs when I was tasting new flavors I didn't care for. Sucker still producing awesome flavor and vapor like day one.

johnathan777

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2011
Fort Worth
Levitas
Thank you so much for taking your free time and doing this comparission of the old and new Bf attys. I think I am sold on trying out the new one's as I had bad luck with the silos.New mod / new user wrong voltage add up to epic fail on my part.I only have 6.4 V or 3.7V options and am wanting to order the new BF attys. I love a lot of flavor and good TH/vapor.

Can you suggest which ohm rating I should buy and use ? I am waiting on 2.8 or 3 ohm for the 6v and thinking 1.8 and 1.5 ohm for the 3v.I really want to love this Vmod but using the home modded resurectors 1.7 cartos has been hit and miss on my part. Looking forward to your suggestions thanks ! Johnathan

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Hi Johnathan,

Suggesting a resistance for someone else is much like suggesting a juice, it's all subjective. If you're not familiar with Ohm's law, here is a quick way to figure out how much power (in terms of wattage), that you're pushing while vaping.

Voltage x Voltage / Resistance

So, if you're using a 3ohm atty with 6v

6v x 6v = 36 / 3 = 12watts

Now, 12watts is a lot of power to be boiling your juice at, in my opinion. If you have a setup (voltage and resistance) that you know and love, my suggestion would be to try and replicate that as well as possible. However, if you do not have a setup that you know and love, and still are experimenting, this can and probably will be a costly endeavor for you (finding the sweet spot).

You might get lucky and find something blows you outta the water on your first or second try, or, you might find a setup that satisfies you enough not to worry about any immediate future experimentation (which will, in turn, be a lot more friendly on your wallet ;) ).

An easier way to avoid all of this hassle (trying to decide what resistance atomizer/cartomizer to purchase), would be to purchase a variable voltage device. With such a device, you can use any resistance atty or carto with no problem.

Now, if you're asking my personal preference... I generally stick around the 7-9watt range, give or take depending on the juice. So, for 3.7v, I've been known to enjoy a low resistance 1.5ohm atty and even up to a more standard 2.2ohm, to give some examples.

Anyways, I've blathered far too long. Hopefully you find something useful in this mound of text :)

johnathan777

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2011
Fort Worth
Thanks
I ordered a couple of 1.5 amg 1.5 bottom feeders today from Vapage for my Vmod. I do have 2 sets of 14250's @6.4V.Guess I will
wait until they offer something above 2.8 ohm for these batts. I find I really enjoy 8 watts with 14500's @ 3.7V with 1.7 @ 8.05 watts. The 1.5ohm should hit around 9Watts.
I know you are busy with school thans for taking the time to post.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Thanks Levitas.

I don't have sound on my computer so not sure if you mentioned it, but from the video it looks like the coil wraps around the wick more (6-8 times) than the old version 1 (3 times). Nice close ups.... Vaping videos are notoriously bad at them.

I thought the Version 1s were just okay so I'm looking forward to the 2's. I order some up on your recommendation.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Johnathon - No problem, my friend. :) I hope it all works out well for you.

Juice Junky - I actually did not mention it. Every version 1 Hybrid I own is still full of juice :) So, I couldn't really tell how many times the coil was wrapped (without cleaning, which I didn't do). I was mentioning in the video on how well the coil was wrapped, on how evening dispersed the coils were wrapped to be specific.

I do believe you'll really enjoy the version 2 Hybrid. I am still going to try out the 2.0ohm that I have, later, when I am done with this 6ml bottle I have in my MonkeyBoxx (if I had two bottom feeders, I'd be runnin' 'em both with Hybrids :D ). Personally, this is my favorite atty to feed juice into. In fact, as long as I've own my Monkeyboxx, most of the time I would just direct drip because I didn't like how attys would flood into my drip cup. With this atomizer, that problem ceases to exist and it really absorbs and uses the juice well! The Hybrid is my new exclusive atomizer to be used on all of my bottom feeders from now until something better comes along :)

Wingapo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2011
Taos, NM
I've been eyeing that VMod for a couple months and today decided to take another look and see if Vapage had fixed the problems I had with it that made me hold off on it for a bit. So I looked into reviews again and came across your endorsement of it and Veritas' review here of the V2 hybrid improvements and decided it was about time I get a little something to help stave off the cravings for a Galileo G1 and JuIC for another week or so. But I also came across a few "Oh no I just fried my REO with a hybrid atty" discussions so I had to ask and thank you for your helpful reply and allaying my fears.

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
I just bought 2 of the version 2-2.5 ohm bottom feeders of the classifieds and I have to say I am living these things.But I don't use them on a bottom feeder but on my BuzzPro and they work great.They have a easy draw,intense flavor,and great vapor production.I have been using one of them at 5 volts for a few days now and its awesome.

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
It was just brought to my attention the newest hybrid BF attys were not making connection on an RSM. What I found worked was to remove the atty gasket. Be VERY careful to only tighten until you get a fire. That gasket is to prevent over zealous torquing down of the atty causing a dead short on non proprietary mods. I know some will adjust the center pin. I'm not so comfortable doing that properly atm.

Vaping my test atty on my RSM now and enjoying the hit an 18650 AW IRM provides..........ahhhh, bliss!

Last edited:

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Hey guys, do you think the 2.5ohm will work fine at 6v?

Thanks.

Work, or work fine?

It would be extremely hot and you would have to really make sure not to fire without juice in it, else you could probably pop the coil pretty fast. I'd try it out for ya, but, 14 watts is WAY too much for my liking... even for science :)

Edit: AG has a good point. Regulated or not will definitely make a difference. Thanks AG :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread