Vapage Hybrid atomizer Version 2.0 (BF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
It might just be me but I've had some bad experiences with these hybrid attys (Version 1, mind you). I have two of them, which I used for a full week length on my Reo Mini, and I did all the proper procedures to break them in but to no avail certain issues keep popping up.

Leaking/Flooding is a huge negative, even with the catch cup it will almost overflow every time. The taste of metal comes through from time to time even after soaking them (condom method) for an hour. The mentioned heat that these attys give off is mediocre compared to the Cisco 1.5 306's, which gives off a nice "wide" heat and flavor. Lastly, these hybrid atomizers drops in performance after 1-2 days and is required to either blow out excess juice or to give a good hot-water rinse, this is a pain if you're a heavy vaper.

The internal quality of the material and structure of these hybrid atomizers are superb but through all the rave and hype, the external qualities are just not there for me.

So, please tell me in detail, what is different in the Version 2's?

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
Dokebille, when I was using the first run hybrids on my mini and grand, I found the mod was auto feeding quite a bit. Can be good or bad, depending on your outlook.

I just put one of the second run hybrids on my RSM yesterday and while I adore the hits off an 18650 batt, feeding & draw was not as easy or consistent as the Vmod. It is a perfect marriage and I can hardly wait for the 18650 Vmod to be release. That will be my vaping nirvana.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
I received the 1.5 Hybrid BF in the mail today. They are definitely Version 2 with the white gasket, but I am disappointed because they still only have three wire wraps for the atomizer. Must be the difference between 1.5 and 2.0. Seems a little skimpy to me and was one of the problems I had with version 1 when it was time to clean it--too much wick floating around loose and not enough atomizer wire to clean.

But the proof is in the vaping. I hope these vape well for more than 4 days like the version 1s. I'll report back.

Last edited:

johnathan777

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2011
Fort Worth
I think 1.8, 2.2, & 2.8 were trail to see if vapers would go for them. I'm pretty sure the 2 lower resistances were a big hit and some are using the 2.8s @ 6V. I expect to see them all back in the future. :)

Hope so
I would like 2.8 or 3.0 hybrids for 2 3.2 stacked 6.4 but 5.5V under load

BadThad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
Cincinnati
I think 1.8, 2.2, & 2.8 were trail to see if vapers would go for them. I'm pretty sure the 2 lower resistances were a big hit and some are using the 2.8s @ 6V. I expect to see them all back in the future. :)

DANG....I really wanted a 2.2! I don't like vaping 3.7v with 1.5 or even 2.0 ohm attys....it's just too hot for my taste. I like the standard 510 attys but I'd like them just a little hotter and I think 2.2 would be ideal.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
DANG....I really wanted a 2.2! I don't like vaping 3.7v with 1.5 or even 2.0 ohm attys....it's just too hot for my taste. I like the standard 510 attys but I'd like them just a little hotter and I think 2.2 would be ideal.

The reason I hate LR is because it doesn't even compare to HV. I am really annoyed by this new obsession with LR. Every time I go to buy an atty I have to wade through all the LR's to find the one listing for a SR atty. I vape 2.5-2.8ohm at 5.4-5.7v.

I equate HV with full flavor, 3.7v + LR atty with lights, and 3.7v + SR atty with Ultra Lights. JMHO

Last edited:

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
The reason I hate LR is because it doesn't even compare to HV. I am really annoyed by this new obsession with LR. Every time I go to buy an atty I have to wade through all the LR's to find the one listing for a SR atty. I vape 2.5-2.8ohm at 5.4-5.7v.

I equate HV with full flavor, 3.7v + LR atty with lights, and 3.7v + SR atty with Ultra Lights. JMHO

I think you'd like the BF Hybrid at 2.5ohms.
It's a very nice vape.:)

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
I think you'd like the BF Hybrid at 2.5ohms.
It's a very nice vape.:)

The only thing that I am nervous about with these, is that I don't use a bottom feeder. I worry that excess juice may go out of the hole in the bottom and into my Provari.

I AM getting a UFS when they go on sale in a couple weeks. I wonder how it would perform in that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread