IkenVape Help Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freefall_Doug

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I recently got my first batch of IkenVape gear! I am throwing all of it on a ProVari.

Absolutely love the unpunched 801 Fusion Mega SR cartos, and unpunched 510 Platinum Mega SR cartos. I wish I ordered more the 4 of each for this trial run.

Previously I had been using regular size Boge and some extra large dual coil smoktek carto's on an non VV eGo battery, and then on the ProVari.

I also purchased a canon 510 atomizer in 2.5 resistance... I don't have a ton of atmo experince, my only exerince has been with a standard 510 atmo, can't remember the brand.

Last night I was vaping with 100vg WTA . The stuff is thick as glue and seemed to work real well in it.

Today I switched over to a 50/50 ejuice and I am having trouble with atmo. I can't seem to hit the sweet spot between enough juice, and too much. I followed the directions on the website tips for vaping.

With just three drops down the side and letting it settle it gives me a burning fill taste. I am hitting the button bringing it to my mouth, taking a 5 second draw, and then letting go of the button and continuing the draw to cool the atmo off. Taste like when my clearo's have a dry hit and start to burn wick. Acrid, yuck.

I ran through the whole range of voltages, but it seems to be dependent on the amount I drip into it, not the voltage.

If I put a few extra drips in it appears to flood, draw makes it gurgle, but it doesn't appear to scorch, but then it leaks almost instantly.

Am I just challenged? Any thoughts would be appreciated, it looks like a quality product if I can figure out the proper procedure to use it!

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
I recently got my first batch of IkenVape gear! I am throwing all of it on a ProVari.

Absolutely love the unpunched 801 Fusion Mega SR cartos, and unpunched 510 Platinum Mega SR cartos. I wish I ordered more the 4 of each for this trial run.

Previously I had been using regular size Boge and some extra large dual coil smoktek carto's on an non VV eGo battery, and then on the ProVari.

I also purchased a canon 510 atomizer in 2.5 resistance... I don't have a ton of atmo experince, my only exerince has been with a standard 510 atmo, can't remember the brand.

Last night I was vaping with 100vg WTA . The stuff is thick as glue and seemed to work real well in it.

Today I switched over to a 50/50 ejuice and I am having trouble with atmo. I can't seem to hit the sweet spot between enough juice, and too much. I followed the directions on the website tips for vaping.

With just three drops down the side and letting it settle it gives me a burning fill taste. I am hitting the button bringing it to my mouth, taking a 5 second draw, and then letting go of the button and continuing the draw to cool the atmo off. Taste like when my clearo's have a dry hit and start to burn wick. Acrid, yuck.

I ran through the whole range of voltages, but it seems to be dependent on the amount I drip into it, not the voltage.

If I put a few extra drips in it appears to flood, draw makes it gurgle, but it doesn't appear to scorch, but then it leaks almost instantly.

Am I just challenged? Any thoughts would be appreciated, it looks like a quality product if I can figure out the proper procedure to use it!
Ok after using the vg last night, since it was being used in rotation with heat everything was well and fine. When you stopped using it for the night, it had time to settle. Extremely thick liquids never settle nice. It gets extremely hard and starts solidifying. Depending on how much you left in there when you called it a night was enough to keep everything saturated,enveloping the coil. Basically everything hardened up and when you restarted using it, you were inadvertently burning the materials inside as by everything being encased, there was not enough oxygen getting to the coil. This comes the acrid burning taste. When using thicker liquids like this. You want to ensure that you vape as much as you can out of the atty before letting it rest for the night. Normally people who use 100% vg are forced to use it as they're allergic to pg. However allergies in pg typically arise due to content rather than any of it. Personally I believe 80/20 is the sweet spot. Though if you were to have excessive dryness or any other kind of reaction. You might not on 70/30 on a mixture . The best thing to try is to clean out your atty. If you have grain alcohol, it can be done as you do not want any liquid remaining when refilling with eliquid for use. If not, let it hot water run through it and then dry it the absolute best you can.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
I came across your site, and have a question, but see no way to Email you. Is this forum the only way to contact you? I dont tweet or twitter.

there is a contact us page on our site, but you are more than welcome to ask your questions here, Twitter or Facebook, or on our site.

Freefall_Doug

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ok after using the vg last night, since it was being used in rotation with heat everything was well and fine. When you stopped using it for the night, it had time to settle. Extremely thick liquids never settle nice. It gets extremely hard and starts solidifying. Depending on how much you left in there when you called it a night was enough to keep everything saturated,enveloping the coil. Basically everything hardened up and when you restarted using it, you were inadvertently burning the materials inside as by everything being encased, there was not enough oxygen getting to the coil. This comes the acrid burning taste. When using thicker liquids like this. You want to ensure that you vape as much as you can out of the atty before letting it rest for the night. Normally people who use 100% vg are forced to use it as they're allergic to pg. However allergies in pg typically arise due to content rather than any of it. Personally I believe 80/20 is the sweet spot. Though if you were to have excessive dryness or any other kind of reaction. You might not on 70/30 on a mixture . The best thing to try is to clean out your atty. If you have grain alcohol, it can be done as you do not want any liquid remaining when refilling with eliquid for use. If not, let it hot water run through it and then dry it the absolute best you can.

Thank you kind Sir. :2cool: I always have grain on hand, just so happens I have a jug under the sink. You never know when you are going to need to make jello shots that also double for napalm!

I will soak the atty and let the grain evaporate off, and see where it leaves me.

The WTA is 100vg because it is a DIY base, but it is just awfully nice by itself. I also ordered some of my original juices at 100vg, not because I was allergic to the pg, I originally started off for a desire of smooth vape with little throat hit. My tastes have changed and I think I am going to start replacing my stock with eJuice that has more PG 70/30 VG/PG and up. On some of my favorite flavors I may order some more with very high PG content, and then I can mix the 100vg, with the high pg, and end up with a somewhat less viscous juice.

I appreciate the help!

Last edited:

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Just got my order of 3 SR Fusion Punch, 3 LR Platinum Punch & 3 LR Platinum slotted. I've only tried the Fusions so far, but none of them have worked. They all read 2.8-3.0 ohms out of the box. The first one worked for about an hour, then I got a burnt taste... tried topping off, made sure everything was fully primed, but still no luck. Checked the ohms- 1.6! I checked other cartos/attys and they all read what they were suppose to. So I figured it was a bad carto, and tried another one. This time it happened right away- went down about .2 ohms every time I took a puff. The same happened with the third- and that one just keeps flooding no matter what I do. I have them all in an ibtanked on my itaste vv, vaping mad murdocks maha ras (shouldn't be wicking issues). Help!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Just got my order of 3 SR Fusion Punch, 3 LR Platinum Punch & 3 LR Platinum slotted. I've only tried the Fusions so far, but none of them have worked. They all read 2.8-3.0 ohms out of the box. The first one worked for about an hour, then I got a burnt taste... tried topping off, made sure everything was fully primed, but still no luck. Checked the ohms- 1.6! I checked other cartos/attys and they all read what they were suppose to. So I figured it was a bad carto, and tried another one. This time it happened right away- went down about .2 ohms every time I took a puff. The same happened with the third- and that one just keeps flooding no matter what I do. I have them all in an ibtanked on my itaste vv, vaping mad murdocks maha ras (shouldn't be wicking issues). Help!

I would say the juice you're using isn't compatible with fusions. I go through Fusions at the rate of one every 6 weeks and have had the voltage to 6 without burning. Try putting 20 drops in one and let it sit until it all soaks into the batting before you put it in your tank. If they're flooding you have a leak somewhere in your tank because tanks run on a vauum. No air in, no juice out once the pressure stablizes.

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Pretty sure I primed them right... I had a few cartos before these, and went through the obligatory burnt-because-i-didn't-prime-them experience. Slushy on top, wouldn't take any more liquid. And the juice is light and not very thick, though it doesn't seem like that should kill a carto within an hour. I'm using the Platinum punch right now, and it's perfect. So maybe it's just a bad batch of the Fusion?

Krint

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2013
Buffalo
Pretty sure I primed them right... I had a few cartos before these, and went through the obligatory burnt-because-i-didn't-prime-them experience. Slushy on top, wouldn't take any more liquid. And the juice is light and not very thick, though it doesn't seem like that should kill a carto within an hour. I'm using the Platinum punch right now, and it's perfect. So maybe it's just a bad batch of the Fusion?

He has said if you had issues with the fusions to go to his sight and email him. He will do a return or exchange for the platinums. There has been a few with issues on the fusions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash

That is a possibility too because they can't open each and every box. He's great at taking care of his customers though. Just email him at sales@ikenvape.com.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Thank you kind Sir. :2cool: I always have grain on hand, just so happens I have a jug under the sink. You never know when you are going to need to make jello shots that also double for napalm!

I will soak the atty and let the grain evaporate off, and see where it leaves me.

The WTA is 100vg because it is a DIY base, but it is just awfully nice by itself. I also ordered some of my original juices at 100vg, not because I was allergic to the pg, I originally started off for a desire of smooth vape with little throat hit. My tastes have changed and I think I am going to start replacing my stock with eJuice that has more PG 70/30 VG/PG and up. On some of my favorite flavors I may order some more with very high PG content, and then I can mix the 100vg, with the high pg, and end up with a somewhat less viscous juice.

I appreciate the help!
Lol rock on Doug! That was hilarious. Nothing beats partying with a show! It wouldn't hurt or make much of a difference feel wise to add some pg to the mix, but will make a significant impact on your equipment. I don't know how you can do 100% one part for me is that heavy fulness I get in my chest and the other is the fear of too much condensation. Our lungs are designed to handle small amounts of fluid, but by the feeling I get after a long day in the morning just gives me an odd feeling.

Hi Yeshi,
Yes please shoot me an email and I'll get you out replacements of which platinum you would like. I'm still trying to figure out what happened with the 510 Fusion models. I have reason to believe that our equipment and specs weren't used for this specific batch, but not sure. I ordered some from another vendor which is a stock variation. I did notice that only ibtank customers are having issues. However the same are reporting success and satisfaction with platinum models. I been on with the engineer since last week but we're not finding the right answers. There will definitely be a change in the fusion models to 3mm double ports on the next batch without a doubt.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Thanks J5!
How is everything going? Are you prepared for Christmas?

I am now. I hope someone is home at your house tomorrow buddy. I hope your families Christmas is a great one. There isn't nothing better than having little ones in the family on Christmas morning. I just love it. I have this guy for Christmas this year.

DECEMBER_zps0985c7bc.jpg

Last edited:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
I am now. I hope someone is home at your house tomorrow buddy. I hope your families Christmas is a great one. There isn't nothing better than having little ones in the family on Christmas morning. I just love it. I have this guy for Christmas this year.

DECEMBER_zps35ad5d7b.jpg

Aw look at that! Its mini YOU! He's so cute man. Lol love the shirt, I hope that says kicking!
Oh man J5 I hope you didn't my dear friend.
You have had so much on your plate this year :( I did/do too, I still owe the IRS 2.5 yet for 2012 and haven't paid quarterly taxes from the 2nd half of 2012 and all of 2013. The accountant is just as bad as the previous and even more unresponsive. I'm hoping to work out a deal. I wanted to get the post office, garbage men, and a bunch of you guys gifts this year but I'm so tied Anyway I wish you didn't buddy. I love ya to death and I know you feel the same and thats good enough.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Aw look at that! Its mini YOU! He's so cute man. Lol love the shirt, I hope that says kicking!
Oh man J5 I hope you didn't my dear friend.
You have had so much on your plate this year :( I did/do too, I still owe the IRS 2.5 yet for 2012 and haven't paid quarterly taxes from the 2nd half of 2012 and all of 2013. The accountant is just as bad as the previous and even more unresponsive. I'm hoping to work out a deal. I wanted to get the post office, garbage men, and a bunch of you guys gifts this year but I'm so tied Anyway I wish you didn't buddy. I love ya to death and I know you feel the same and thats good enough.

You already got mine with the kindle you sent back to me with all the wonderful aps and work you did on it plus the beautiful case buddy. I would feel bad if you spent money on me you needed to keep the business and that wonderful family with what they need. You hit the nail on the head when you said the feelings we have are enough. That can't be bought at any price.

About him looking like me. Everybody says that. I had to go back and put an arm on that chair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread