Ikenvapers Chat (the door is open for EVERYBODY! Come on in.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Bummer oz. But my team's the skins. Season was over before it started.

Yup 5C, feels like home. I think I'm done buying and trying new toys for a while ;-)

I look around and see things that were supposed to be the latest and greatest and think why should I get more. I finally broke down and got an I30 and I was disappointed when it arrived to see it is a top coil device. I've never had good luck with top coils. I didn't even open it yet. It sits in my box with the other stuff.
I'm a Seahawks fan by the virtue of location but I've also liked Dallas and the Steelers for many yrs.
You guys used to have one of our best Qbs coaching your team. He only coached the 2008–2009 season.

Last edited:

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States
One Fusion lasts me around 4 weeks, sometimes less. I don't know what kind you use but if I have what you need I will def help you out.

5c, it never ceases to amaze me how kind and supportive folks are on this forum. I'm trying to bring back several Fusions (boiled in white vinegar, then boiled in distilled water) for my just-in-case stash. Thank you for your kind offer, but I'd rather vape what I'm calling a "refry" than take one out of your hands... :)

Mine are lasting between a week and a week and a half, and I'm using Isaac's fill method. It must be the sweet juices I prefer. I track mine in Outlook by entering an "appointment" for each new carto, e.g. "New IKV SR in Blue IBT." I think I'll start adding the juice as well.

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
I hope to be a regular here, too! Too bad RL has taken a bunch of my time recently.

One thing that's buggin me right now is the Hippo V2s adjustable pin...why the :censored: did they made its diameter so small?!?! It's hit and miss with my Platinums as far as the air slots lining up, but it's like buttah with my io6's. :cool: (I'm using it on my ProVari, of course)

I need to see if I can "MacGyver" some other pin to make it play nice with my cartos...

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Well I have a couple boxes of mega 510 fusions I picked up awhile back that I'll probably never use as I'm an 801 fusion guy so if anyone needs any I'll let them go for what I pd for them.

What resistance are they? Isaac's sending me some platinums that should be here in a couple of days & I've got a few Smok's leftover from my first IBT order (in the wrong resistance, but they're in the just in case pile). If no one else needs them, I might take you up on that. How are my 8ers doing? I don't have the Bocce Network here. I bet they're kicking your 9er's butts!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I hope to be a regular here, too! Too bad RL has taken a bunch of my time recently.

One thing that's buggin me right now is the Hippo V2s adjustable pin...why the :censored: did they made its diameter so small?!?! It's hit and miss with my Platinums as far as the air slots lining up, but it's like buttah with my io6's. :cool: (I'm using it on my ProVari, of course)

I need to see if I can "MacGyver" some other pin to make it play nice with my cartos...

Get the unpunched ones, then mark them where the hole needs to be and punch them yourself. We all had to punch our own in the beginning.

What resistance are they? Isaac's sending me some platinums that should be here in a couple of days & I've got a few Smok's leftover from my first IBT order (in the wrong resistance, but they're in the just in case pile). If no one else needs them, I might take you up on that. How are my 8ers doing? I don't have the Bocce Network here. I bet they're kicking your 9er's butts!

They are standards. I don't use LR unless I have too.

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States
I still haven't decided my fav between SRs and LRs. I have problems with LRs on one of my ProVaris--it won't hit below 4.0, and I get error codes above that from time to time. It seems to depend on the juice and how the Donkeys are playing, and I haven't devoted enough time to tracking all the variables. I suspect I'll need to send that PV in for repair, but the idea of only having the backup gives me the heebies.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Ahh, I'll let them go to someone more deserving. LR most definitely has it's place... in my stash! I like my cartos at 2... I typically only put 3.4-3.8v across them though, depending on the juice - I'd say average 3.5-3.6v for most. No battery troubles here. Thanks for offering them up to the more needy.

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
Get the unpunched ones, then mark them where the hole needs to be and punch them yourself. We all had to punch our own in the beginning.

I smell what you're cookin...I quickly moved to punching my own after one or two boxes of pre-punched cartos.

My problem lies with the Hippo V2's pin actually plugging up the air-channel hole at the bottom of the carto. :(

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Yup. It's dangerous out there!!! Not here yet. Ours is coming overnight. But not near as bad as a lot of folks.

And, yep, we like the bottom coils better too. My wife is looking currently using these Aspire BDCs and having good luck with them.

Have you checked them out 5C, Isaac? Or anybody else here?

Last edited:

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Pizza, I am using the Aspire BDCs Vivi Nova along side my Ikenvapes.

I like them, though they are a very different Vape than cartos. A bit cooler Vape and the flavor is different. Not better or worse, just different, especially in complex flavor mixes.

Ikenvapes are still my main choice, but the BDCs provide a change of pace.

Hope everyone will have a fantastic 2014.

Vape on!

Tapatalking with my thumbs.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I'm afraid to try a lot of things Pizza. I just fell for all the I30 hype and although it's okay I can't understand all the hype plus it has a funny taste I don't like. I haven't had good luck with top coils though. I like the coils at the bottom. I have so many of the old lattest and greatest laying around collecting dust I'm gun shy for getting any more. The one thing I know about Ikenvape's products is he seems to know what I'm looking for and I've never been let down buying a product he re-engineers to get it to work right.
On a side note the I30 seems to be getting better so I'm not ready to throw in the towel.

You gotta figure the BDCs are bottom coil so they got to be good and especially with the glass tanks. I had to go read up on them. I got them mixed up. Sorry.

I apologize for my typing and misspelled words but they got this eye patch back on me and as of Wednesday at noon they are sewing it shut until it heals. Just thought I'd let you know wht my spelling has gotten so bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread