Ikenvapers Chat (the door is open for EVERYBODY! Come on in.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
I have rba's in a drawer. LOL

I had mine in a drawer for a while too. Was skeered to try it. But, finally tried it and it works and is fun! But, always have a loaded, tanked fusion on hand! :) (and good morning!!!)

Right here P2...... Yesterday was my first day back at work for the rest of the year. Had a nice 2 1/2 weeks off (can't wait 'til Dec 17th to do it again :lol: )

Welcome back Wharf!! Nice break, eh??

I missed Issac!!! How are you buddy? You didn't answer my question about rebuildables. If you design one it will be the ultimate!!!

5C I sure hope you get your patch OFF soon! Best of luck (and prayers your way) with that.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
I have to agree with that Fran. Best tasting, fail safe, longest lasting carto there is. I just like to tinker when I have time. But... My wife's almost keeled me a couple times because I keep buying and trying new toys.

That's one reason I'm back here and settling down. I'm not going to be buying/trying anything new for a while. Really I'm not. NO! REALLY!! I'm not!! :angel: Of course, I always HAVE to try anything new that Isaac comes out with. That's my obligation to him and you all for saving my (and my wife's) life!!!!!

I'll support IKV forever

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I'm lovin' the patchwork :cool: <<- - - - Double patched :lol:

Catching huh Wharf?

Morning,pizza.:) I've tried a lot of stuff but nothing tops my fusions.

frs_zpse26832fe.jpg

Last edited:

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
:laugh: hate to say it but I haven't watched a game all season and the last. Ouch...masculinity.
Hope your feeling better! Thats a tough break,,rebreak is the worst. Don't forget on a PC Hulu is free, just packed with commercials. Also Amazon prime is a wonderful place.

You can become an 8er's fan with me then :D

Luckily (relatively) the original break was a disaster. Pretty much shattered the talus. So the rebreak isn't nearly as bad. First time around it was something like 7 or 8 weeks in a wheelchair - which the amplitude of suck was 10x worse living in a split level where the bathroom was down 2 flights of stairs & the rest of the living area was upstairs. I have EMT-B training, so I knew right away what was going on with it - I just hairlined a couple of the old breaks that didn't heal right. I skipped the pricey pictures for them to tell me what I already know & dug out the walking cast & cane instead. Downside... no good pills :glare:.

I never tried out Amazon Prime, the Hulu commercials drive me insane & NetFlix is already paid for... even though they keep making their service worse with unnecessary 'upgrades' & new features. Oh well, I've got about 200 things saved to my 'To Watch' list, so I'm keeping myself busy between naps. :)

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
The weather isn't supposed to stop The USPS from delivering, right? I've not seen signs of them around my area the past two days...leaves me jonesin for my Ikenvapemail pretty bad! :lol:

Oz, I feel your pain - re-breaks are the worst...good thing yours didn't involve any hardware.

The Unusually Slow Pitiful Service is running as normal... which is easily mistaken for not at all.

I wouldn't have rebroke it in the first place had work comp ok'd the original surgery instead of cheaping out & calling the most minimal procedures 'good enough'. :glare: I needed surgery, but never got it. I also needed physical rehab, but that was denied too. Not to mention they tried to hit me with both the $800 ambulance ride down the mountain & the short ER visit that was something like $1500. Took me 11 months to sort all of it out & get them to pay for what shouldn't have even been a question in the first place. They should probably be taking care of the rebreak since it's their fault in the first place, but I'd be fighting that for years.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Oz I hope you heal soon. I've had both my arms broke, nose more than once, fingers, and a fractured scull that had me in a coma for a month but I think a foot would hurt worse and harder to heal than any of them.

That sounds like one hell of a tea party. What did you do, insult their crumpets? :D

I broke my hand which really wasn't all that bad & I've had a fingertip amputated which was on par with the ankle. Mostly because they wanted to take it down to the next knuckle & I wouldn't let them. So they didn't stitch it up & just had a bandage over the end which I had to change everyday. That was really bad. The ankle really sucks because of mobility & balance. You remember every painful step & even the slightest bend causes pain shooting up your leg... you never realize how much you bend that joint until you break it. My jaw wasn't as painful as it was a PITA. It hurt pretty bad, but they had me pretty drugged up for most of it. Not eating solid food was the worst. They tell you to just put normal food in a blender, but I couldn't even handle the thought of it, let alone doing it. I lived on milkshakes spiked with protein powder for the most part. Lost 70 lbs before I could start eating again... 155 down to 85. I'd say that was the worst one, just not the most painful.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
frannie and Oz have read about this before, but I'll share it here, as well...

I managed to destroy my tibia twice in four months. :blush: Lotsa hardware packed into one bone and I haven't walked since 10/6/2013.

Even then, there is no way I would want a broken ankle!!! :ohmy:

It's definitely not towards the top of anyone's christmas list that I know of. :)

I thought you were walking a little bit again. Not so much? :(

Hubby broke the arch of his right foot years ago and it bothers him to this day.

My ankle was that way too. Most days I was visibly ok, little bit of pain, but not too much. Some days I had a slight limp & if I worked it too hard I had to pull the cane back out for a few days. Getting older sucks. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone :)

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
That sounds like one hell of a tea party. What did you do, insult their crumpets? :D

it didn't happen all at once. It was just battle scars from growwing up.

frannie and Oz have read about this before, but I'll share it here, as well...

I managed to destroy my tibia twice in four months. :blush: Lotsa hardware packed into one bone and I haven't walked since 10/6/2013.

Even then, there is no way I would want a broken ankle!!! :ohmy:

Sorry to hear that. Are they going to be able to get you walking again? I sure hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread