• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I'm a Christain, but I admit to crazy things in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
And Lisa, you are the one who brought the word "judgemental" into this, and I must insist that I have not been. I have been critical of SaintCruiser, but I have done so in accordance with what is directed of Christians. We are supposed to keep each other in check, in a spirit of love, and I do that. I will also be critical of you, if your actions necessitate it, and you are welcome to be critical of me as well, provided that you abandon pat dismissal as your weapon of choice.

So, as this is all way off topic, I must ask- are you two willing to be held accountable for your words and deeds, even if it causes disruption in this group? Can I interject without fear, among my brothers and sisters, or do I need to go elsewhere? I tried to call another believer to account, and that call was circumvented with irrelevant, defensive posturing.

You are stewards of Christ, and that is no small matter. We are stewards of Christ, and we should not take each other lightly.

If I was going to delete your posts, I already would have, so that answers that question.

Semantics is not my favorite sport. You say that i bought the word "judgemental" into this.........well I sure did after reading what you wrote about me and another sister below. Those are your words brother, not mine. I just summed them all up with one simple word, Judgemental because that's what you are being twords me and SC. Read below:

"You should reconsider being open minded"

"see a Christian flatly dismissing anyone"

"I feel you should be told that your interpretation of a "Christian perspective" is quite narrow"

"it is also a sin to speak the truth harshly, artlessly, or without compassion"

"I have a strong feeling that the most pious and sanctimonious of our number will garner a very harsh reception at the pearly gates"

"but you certainly are being confronted by another believer who feels that you are a little off base in the way you addressed another"

I'm going to share a little story with you. Say I invited a bunch of friends over for a pot luck dinner. Everybody came and some brought friends with them too. But one person didn't bring a dish too, but that's ok, no biggie. But that person ate, and then started to criticize the food saying the meat was dry and tough and the potatoes were too salty.

Not only was this rude to the ones who worked hard and brought a dish, but it was made even worse by the fact that he/she didn't even care enough to bring a dish himself to share with everyone else, he didn't contribute but he sure didn't hold back picking apart the ones who did.

That's where the twist in my knickers is coming from. It's all well and good that you come here and read, that's great! Many do that, we have tons of lurkers. But, you CHOOSE not to participate. You choose not to share yourself with us. You choose not to get to know us, and vice versa. You choose not to add to the discussions of building eachother up, sharing encouraging stories, songs of praise........etc. That is a choice you have made. You choose not to bring anything to this table here. We have encouraged many people here, but you have never participated in that either. Where were you?

But yet, if you find that the meat and potatoes were little salty for your own personal taste, you didn't hold back in criticizing it one bit. Christians are not perfect people, you included.

You say you are trying to get us to see things in a different light, I can appreciate that, but you need to take a good hard look in the mirror brother, cause it was not appropriate or effective the way that you did it. It actually had the reverse effect.

Can you take the criticism yourself and see that from my perspective?????? Or is it all your way??????? You made many negative judgements about us, and that's the truth. See the list above.

I personally would like to get to know you better. Why not share some positive things here with us, and let us get to know you. Maybe you have some great things to share, but we wouldn't know it unless you participate, and not just criticize when you feel our meat is too salty. Bring your own dish and let us have a taste. That's what brothers and sisters do, they share, both ways.

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
You humble me, Lisa. What a doll you are. You know what I go through every day. I just didn't want to lay it out in the open because I hate sympathy for something that God is using for His Glory. But I laid it out for Mr. Stick and didn't really go into all of it. The first point I made to him was that God is not a namby pamby God. His Word spells it out....you can decide to accept it or not. His Word is sharper than any two-edged sword and does cut to the chase. I then touched on some of my health issues. You know, I haven't heard a word back from this message. In Germany, I picked up the phrase 'Mox Nix.' This means - makes no difference. I will give him another day, and if he doesn't have the courtesy to answer me, then that tells me volumes.

My heart hurts for the lost. I don't want ANYONE to experience the hopelessness and torment of hell and the lake of fire. I hate no one. Hate is counter-productive and gets in the way of yours and God's relationship, and nothing should get in the way of that....nothing. I dislike many people's ways, but I don't hate them. I believe I only hate satan, a little 2nd rate god. I try my best to torment him! :laugh: He won't hit me any more than he has, but he's still hitting those that I love. And that ticks me off. So, that's where I am. I just wanted everyone to know that I reached out to Mr. Stick, and haven't heard back. Of course it was rather late last night, but he was online.

Anyway, have a blessed day everyone! The sky is beautiful, the weather cooler, fall is in the air and CHRISTMAS IS AROUND THE CORNER!!!!!!:laugh:

Whippit96

Jul 22, 2010
Effort, PA
So many people in this thread that think they know the truth. We as a people have no more understanding of god than we did the day we were born. We think we have the answers we need to live a happy rewarding life and to be taken to heaven come judgment day. But what do we really know, we know what we have learned from others. We have read the bible some have read many versions and some just the new testament. We are living our life the way we think we should be living it, according to the teachings of others. Unless you have sat next to Jesus and have heard the word of god from his mouth we are living on faith.

This statement will sting those who take the hard nosed line of thinking. And I truly hope it does because the truth some of you so desperately feel the need to share falls on deaf ears when a persons heart is closed due to a lack of understanding and compassion to those seeking the truth. All of you may be well intentioned but only a select few are even willing to tackle the tougher questions being asked. For every one's sake I believe a little more love and compassion is needed in explaining the word of god to those seeking answers.

Also, after reading all fifteen pages of this thread I will not be responding after this post. There are very few people I would wish to engage in conversation with on this topic. For those people I am speaking about in my post will likely not see the faults in themselves and I do not wish to argue with people. I have said my peace and I whole heatedly hope that those in this discussion seeking answers find them.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
You humble me, Lisa. What a doll you are. You know what I go through every day. I just didn't want to lay it out in the open because I hate sympathy for something that God is using for His Glory. But I laid it out for Mr. Stick and didn't really go into all of it. The first point I made to him was that God is not a namby pamby God. His Word spells it out....you can decide to accept it or not. His Word is sharper than any two-edged sword and does cut to the chase. I then touched on some of my health issues. You know, I haven't heard a word back from this message. In Germany, I picked up the phrase 'Mox Nix.' This means - makes no difference. I will give him another day, and if he doesn't have the courtesy to answer me, then that tells me volumes.

My heart hurts for the lost. I don't want ANYONE to experience the hopelessness and torment of hell and the lake of fire. I hate no one. Hate is counter-productive and gets in the way of yours and God's relationship, and nothing should get in the way of that....nothing. I dislike many people's ways, but I don't hate them. I believe I only hate satan, a little 2nd rate god. I try my best to torment him! :laugh: He won't hit me any more than he has, but he's still hitting those that I love. And that ticks me off. So, that's where I am. I just wanted everyone to know that I reached out to Mr. Stick, and haven't heard back. Of course it was rather late last night, but he was online.

Anyway, have a blessed day everyone! The sky is beautiful, the weather cooler, fall is in the air and CHRISTMAS IS AROUND THE CORNER!!!!!!:laugh:

I just speak from my heart:) And I noticed another new one after I posted. Oy Vey!!!!!!!!

This thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread