I'm looking for a good pv that I can hold like a cigarette! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Los Marauder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Iowa City
SmokeTip has cigarette size bats with 350mah or just over1/2 life of a E Go batery fully charged. They also have life long guarentee on their battereis, which the truely honner. This alone can justify the higher price, as you technically will never need to buy any more. Their pre-filled cartomizers are easily refillable, and last. Just make sure you wipe of excess juice or it will drip into the auto battery and kill it. I used to buy prefilled cartos and then refill 'em till the paper fell off.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Yeah, it was pretty much like 'brand new'. Only a few weeks from the original sale, but at least I could get one (they were really hard to get back then, and still can have a wait even today). I paid close full retail for it, but oh well, it has the full transferable warranty with it (minus a couple of weeks) :)

Anyway...sounds like your set for trying stuff with the Darlec ;) (shhhhh)

If you want a mini too, that's cool :)

Get ready for some ups and downs as you make the swap...but if you hang with it you'll soon feel mucho better, and relearn how good the world can smell and taste.

The Darlec!!! lol It turns out that I decided that I want my first vaping experience with vaping to be with a cigarette looking pv so I'm going to return it! I think the change in using something that doesn't look or feel like a cigarette would be too much of a change to deal with in the beginning along with learning how to vape and get used to the different flavors and tastes. Maybe in the future I will switch to something with a bigger battery but to start I'm going to go with something like Bloog. The Volt seems awesome but too expensive to start with in case right away I realize i want to go with a bigger battery. Well I'm off too bed and I just wanted to thank you again for the 10th time! lol You deserve the thanks!!!

brandontrjn

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Tampa!
It turns out that I decided that I want my first vaping experience with vaping to be with a cigarette looking pv so I'm going to return it! I think the change in using something that doesn't look or feel like a cigarette would be too much of a change to deal with in the beginning along with learning how to vape and get used to the different flavors and tastes.

I only vape with slim e-cigs. I needed the experience to be as close to an analog as possible and don't mind recharging. Check out the kit here I got it for $54.99 with a discount code. I mainly liked their PCC as far as I'm concerned all slim batteries are the same...I recharge every 2 hours or so.

I've used the kr808 style and wanted to try a 510 style like this too.

Good Luck!

sobero4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
There are no strong PVs that come in the size and feel of a cigarette. I don't mean to sound empty of compassion, but we all have to get over cigarettes sooner or later. By and large, all of the junk e-cigs resemble cigarettes. Skip all the hassle and start looking into bigger body mods. You won't be sorry and will avoid collecting a bunch of stuff you'll soon never use, not to mention you will save a bunch of money in the long haul.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Hi guys! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions! I ordered a Volt e-cig yesterday from Smokeless Image and I expect to be happy with it! I've heard a lot of good things about their products and customer service which is so important if something goes wrong! I ordered it last night and it was shipped this morning so I give them 5 stars for shipping! They are currently having problems with having everything in stock but I'm willing to work with them because I see them as a growing good company. I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes! :) If you want to find out more about their products or have a lot of questions about it like I did I recommend you check out the Smokeless Image thread and see what you think! There's a lot of very nice and helpful people there!
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...87974-official-smokelessimage-com-thread.html

Last edited:

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
There are no strong PVs that come in the size and feel of a cigarette. I don't mean to sound empty of compassion, but we all have to get over cigarettes sooner or later. By and large, all of the junk e-cigs resemble cigarettes. Skip all the hassle and start looking into bigger body mods. You won't be sorry and will avoid collecting a bunch of stuff you'll soon never use, not to mention you will save a bunch of money in the long haul.

Hi! :) Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I don't expect an e-cig to be as awesome a vaping experience as a Provari or other mods, but I'm really looking for something that resembles a cigarette. I enjoy the long and lean style that I can comfortably hold between my fingers. There's a lot of activity on the Smokeless Image(Volt) Official smokelessimage.com thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...87974-official-smokelessimage-com-thread.html and many happy customers there so I'm giving them a try! Thanks for your input!!! :) P.S. I'm in love :wub:with the look and power of the big mods but I just don't think they're right for me at least right now.

Last edited:

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Here's another choice for a great KR8. I vape the fat batts and the kr8 are the only model I've found in a ciggy style that competes. I can switch back and forth and not miss anything. Starter Kits - Signature Series 808

they use the same newer technology as volt and bloog

Charlz - Hi!!! I always enjoy hearing from you and getting your opinions! Thank you for telling me about the Signature Series. Having that new technology is so important! If you scroll down you can read about what I chose! :)

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
I only vape with slim e-cigs. I needed the experience to be as close to an analog as possible and don't mind recharging. Check out the kit here I got it for $54.99 with a discount code. I mainly liked their PCC as far as I'm concerned all slim batteries are the same...I recharge every 2 hours or so.

I've used the kr808 style and wanted to try a 510 style like this too.

Good Luck!

Thank you for sharing with me your experience and for sharing the website where you got your kit from! I also appreciate the good luck!!!! I'm excited and a little nervous about getting my ecig!!!

Last edited:

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
Bloog is a gen2 kr808d-1. The smokeless image volt is another, quite popular, gen2. I could be wrong, but have heard that si actually makes the bloog max fusion batteries (I heard this months ago).

Not really.
The Bloog maxxfusion was launched in 2010 and the Volt about mid 2011.
But the Volt is very similar to the Bloog, yes, and their customer service is also top notch.

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
Hi guys! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions! I ordered a Volt e-cig yesterday from Smokeless Image and I expect to be happy with it! I've heard a lot of good things about their products and customer service which is so important if something goes wrong! I ordered it last night and it was shipped this morning so I give them 5 stars for shipping! They are currently having problems with having everything in stock but I'm willing to work with them because I see them as a growing good company. I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes! :) If you want to find out more about their products or have a lot of questions about it like I did I recommend you check out the Smokeless Image thread and see what you think! There's a lot of very nice and helpful people there!
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...87974-official-smokelessimage-com-thread.html

Congratulations, you've chosen a very nice kit.
I'm sure it'll work out.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Enjoy that kit! It's my favorite if the three I've mentioned. You've got a kit coming, you've got some juice "steeping". You're really going to enjoy that kr8 in your hand. Good luck......kick ....!!!

Hi Charlz! What does MF mean?? I'm so glad it's your favorite of the three! I can't wait to get it!!! I'll try to kick ....!! :) :)

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Please excuse me, but I have another question! Should all 808 cartomizers work with my batteries?

As I look around this forum and other places, it would seem people have mixed results putting just any ole 808/901 carto on the Volt. In theory they should work, but some report that they've gotten some 808 cartos that don't quite make contact.

Chances are, if they took auto batteries, and used a needle to gently lift the center pin in the battery for their alternate cartos the problem those people experienced would go away. If they have manual batteries, mileage may very in lifting that center button (the manual design often has a center button that doesn't 'float' like the autos do). The threads I read where people said they have problems did not 'specify' if they got the auto or manual type.

One thing you can almost certainly do is get yourself an 808/901 to 510 adapter if you want to experience things like Vertical Coil Boges, CE2/Fluxomizers, Visions, and so forth. Just get the 510 threaded types and you should be good to go.

You can't see it in that picture, but with those types of adapters the little button in the middle can be pushed in deeper to make good contact with the 808 battery. Most 510 cartos also have a little button in the center of the bottom that can be pulled out and extended a few millimeters with a hook/needle/wire if it's not quite making contact.

If you end up with cartos you can't get working on the Volt...hang on to them and pick yourself up a cheap USB passthrough and an assortment of thread adapters (so you can use any carto you like on it). With that you can experience 5v vaping for cheap...and make use of any odd-ball cartos that won't fit on your Volt kit ;)

Last edited:

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
As I look around this forum and other places, it would seem people have mixed results putting just any ole 808/901 carto on the Volt. In theory they should work, but some report that they've gotten some 808 cartos that don't quite make contact.

Chances are, if they took auto batteries, and took a needle too gently lift the center pin in the battery for their alternate cartos the problem those people experienced would go away. If they have manual batteries, mileage may very in lifting that center button (the manual design often has a center button that doesn't 'float' like the autos do). The threads I read where people said they have problems did not 'specify' if they got the auto or manual type.

One thing you can almost certainly do is get yourself an 808/901 to 510 adapter if you want to experience things like Vertical Coil Boges, CE2/Fluxomizers, Visions, and so forth. Just get the 510 threaded types and you should be good to go.

You can't see it in that picture, but with those types of adapters the little button in the middle can be pushed in deeper to make good contact with the 808 battery. Most 510 cartos also have a little button in the center of the bottom that can be pulled out and extended a few millimeters with a hook/needle/wire if it's not quite making contact.

If you end up with cartos you can't get working on the Volt...hang on to them and pick yourself up a cheap USB passthrough and an assortment of thread adapters (so you can use any carto you like on it). With that you can experience 5v vaping for cheap...and make use of any odd-ball cartos that won't fit on your Volt kit ;)

Hi credo!!! It's so nice to talk to you again! Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me! You know, I've really heard so many good things about the Volt cartos so I'm going to start with them! I hope I like them! I bought 20 to go with the 20 little bottles of juices I bought to try! lol I think it's a brilliant idea to buy a 510 passthrough!!! I have 15 LR 2.0ohm Boge 510 cartos that I can't use!! That's amazing that the passthrough you showed me is 5v! Are they all 5v? I'm surprised and thought they would be 3.7v? Can you tell me the difference in vaping with 3.7v versus 5v? Thanks! :)

P.S. You know what, I'm kind of thinking that I shouldn't get a passthrough because I'm afraid that I might like the 5v vape better and then be dissatisfied with my 3.7v Volt which I don't want to happen and then be stuck with no way to have a 5v vape since they don't make the cigarette style pv's 5v right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread