The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Improved Draw on the M401

Discussion in 'M-401/402 "Mini" & M403 Super Mini' started by LeXeR, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. LeXeR

LeXeR Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Has anyone done any experiments with the carts for improving the draw on the m401's. i love the 401 but the draw compaired to the 510's is so harrddddddddd..................

2. cmdrmaxwell

cmdrmaxwell Super Member ECF Veteran

i did the shredded PTB and it has made a noticable difference for me and it really drains the cart! its a little harder than the 510 since its sucha smaller cart but it has its advantages for me!:D

3. LeXeR

Jul 3, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    i didn't see much improvement in the draw after the PTB's...

i tried putting a paper clip end sized hole about even with the atty in the side of the cart but that's entierly to much air now...

i'm open to some ideas.

4. gatsby

gatsby Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I think the best thing I ever did for the draw on the 401 was to remove the cart all together and just dip it. Also, the original carts that had a thin plastic stick on the bottom for spacing seemed to work a lot better for the draw than the current ones. They are hard to find though. They had some at electronic-cigz.com a couple of months ago.

5. legbuh

legbuh Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2009
    +1 on removing the cart and dipping and/or dripping. Just would like to get rid of the whistle sound though. :)

6. Bandit

Bandit Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I just leave mine screwed LIGHTLY. If you screw the batt to the atty tightly then you restrict it by quite a bit.

Still tighter draw than a 510 thbough I agree.

7. LeXeR

Jul 3, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    dripping with no inner cart is good... but dripping and driving doesn't work to well. :D

8. j4ora

j4ora Full Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2009
    Granada Hills, CA
    Get the e-dobbit from nutttso. Better than dripping while driving. When I had the 401 I had to remove the cart as well.

9. gatsby

gatsby Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I have gotten pretty good at dipping and driving, but I can't recommend that with a good conscience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.