The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Improving microstick button

Discussion in 'Mech Mods' started by pingpongcomputer, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. pingpongcomputer

pingpongcomputer Full Member Verified Member

May 6, 2013
    United States
    Anyone have tips for improving the button on the microstick? I don't like how many turns it takes to lock and the quality of conductivity seems erratic. I clean the button regularly, but still have to press from different angles to get a good hit. I'd also be interested in a good aftermarket button if anyone knows of one.
    Thanks!

2. Firestorm

Firestorm Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chicagoland
    I don’t have any tips for you, but I can share two of my gripes:

The MicroStick switch is 20x1 threaded. As a test I’ve tried to screw on my GP Paps v3 top cap and switch and neither will screw in very far. GP threading is widely known to have excellent tolerances and although I didn’t expect either to work functionally, I think it illustrative of the poor tolerances on the MicroStick button threading. I tried the MicroStick button on a GP Paps v3 tube and I can tell that it’s a loose fit. I’m not aware of any alternative switches that you can use with the MicroStick, but I would be wary of the tolerances and compatibility.

I’m not sure why the MicroStick button uses a SS contact – I can’t think of any mods produced today that still have SS contacts. I’m waiting for delivery of some replacement brass screws that I bought on eBay to see if they improve the voltage drop that I’m experiencing.

3. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Mechmods from Tips and Tricks

4. Arnold Ziffle

Arnold Ziffle Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    San Quentin
    my microstick has a brass screw in the switch. I wonder if they made a change mines 1663.

5. Firestorm

Supporting member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chicagoland
    The MicroStick product page on mini-ecig specifically lists it as a "SS screw in the button"...

6. Arnold Ziffle

Arnold Ziffle Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    San Quentin
    definitely brass and in need of a cleaning. [​IMG]

7. duc916

duc916 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2012
    Nor Cal
  8. Firestorm

Supporting member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chicagoland
    But then the real MicroStick button would be loose...

I don't really want to screw in a non-functional 20x1 threaded button or top cap - I was just trying it for comparison sake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.