Improving microstick button

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingpongcomputer

Verified Member
May 6, 2013
United States
Anyone have tips for improving the button on the microstick? I don't like how many turns it takes to lock and the quality of conductivity seems erratic. I clean the button regularly, but still have to press from different angles to get a good hit. I'd also be interested in a good aftermarket button if anyone knows of one.
Thanks!

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I don’t have any tips for you, but I can share two of my gripes:

The MicroStick switch is 20x1 threaded. As a test I’ve tried to screw on my GP Paps v3 top cap and switch and neither will screw in very far. GP threading is widely known to have excellent tolerances and although I didn’t expect either to work functionally, I think it illustrative of the poor tolerances on the MicroStick button threading. I tried the MicroStick button on a GP Paps v3 tube and I can tell that it’s a loose fit. I’m not aware of any alternative switches that you can use with the MicroStick, but I would be wary of the tolerances and compatibility.

I’m not sure why the MicroStick button uses a SS contact – I can’t think of any mods produced today that still have SS contacts. I’m waiting for delivery of some replacement brass screws that I bought on eBay to see if they improve the voltage drop that I’m experiencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread