• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

In Arizona? - VIP Social Group News

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS109

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Marana, AZ - USA
Hello all! I really doubt there will ever be a Tucson group so is OK to join up with you "Northerners"? ;)

Anyways, I was introduced to vaping by some coworkers so I'm new to vaping in general. I have only tried two different models. One from Smoke51 and another (the better of the two IMO) from the E-Smoke Stop. Both were pretty cool and really peaked my interest on the whole concept. While doing research on the subject I found this excellent forum and joined. I ended up ordering from Blu and I'm waiting for it to arrive now.

About me. I'm pushing 40 and have been smoking continously since I was 15yo. I am normally a pack a day smoker but with stress and such it can jump to 1.5 to 2 packs a day. Now, 20+ years later, I'm really starting to feel the effect it is having on my body. I have tried to quit many times but just can't seem to get over the hump so to speak. I'm hoping a PV can help get me off of them for good.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hey SS! Glad you found VIP. All Zonies are welcome in this forum!!

Hang in there with the e-cigs! Many of us have quit using tobacco with them (I'm just over 2 months). ECF is a great place to get tips and support. Feel free to start new threads here on VIP. Don't hesitate to ask questions here too, as the VIP members are really helpful.

RadioKaos (Aroma E-juice, an AZ based Supplier Aroma E-Juice : Home 20% off grand opening coupon code: "Grand") is planning a get together in the Scottsdale area soon and will have e-juice samples to check out. Date and place hasn't been set yet. The information is currently being posted in the first thread where AZ people started getting together (VIP is pretty new) at the US E-Smokers forum here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/us-e-smokers/10275-anyone-arizona.html Stop in there (you have to join the US forum first) and say Hi.

Don't hesitate to PM me if I can answer any questions.
Vicky

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
RadioKaos (Aroma E-Juice, an AZ based Supplier Aroma E-Juice : Home 20% off grand opening coupon code: "Grand") is planning a get together in the Scottsdale area soon and will have e-juice samples to check out. Date and place hasn't been set yet. The information is currently being posted in the first thread where AZ people started getting together (VIP is pretty new) at the US E-Smokers forum here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/us-e-smokers/10275-anyone-arizona.html Stop in there (you have to join the US forum first) and say Hi.

Vicky

I won't be looking in that thread...tell the Arizona folks to get their AZ @$$3$ into this forum. Especially if there is a Phoenix supplier offering 30mL @ $20.00 prices. Hell, I could come to that first get together with $100.00 in my pocket....but I wouldn't know about that get together unless the AZ people were in the AZ forum.

I prefer having our own forum over our own thread, damnit.

emsmom

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2009
Arizona
Hi Gary,
I have made a couple of mods. NicoWolf basically walked me through the process, answering all my dumb questions. And believe me, there is no one who is more electronically challenged than I am! Really is not that hard to do. Have been vaping away on these babies for about a month now and they are great! I made one for my son too and it is his primary vape. Puts out about the same amount of vapor as the cigar does and flavor is great. If you need any help, I will do my best to answer any questions. I am still debating about trying MadDogs mod. Seems the space to work in is a lot more limited and my eyes just aren't what they used to be!

speedracer

Jun 1, 2009
Hello:

I'm a newbie so please be gentle. I'm in Tempe, and started vaping about 3 weeks ago. I'm excited to see that there are other members from Phoenix. I own a super mini, and a 901. For the last 3 weeks I was going through cartridges like crazy and realized I need to learn how to refill my cartridges. I want to try out the local member Hellen mentioned but I'm not sure what flavors to try. Also I'm not sure what dosage I should get. It sounds like Aorma juice is good. I think I migh try there cola, but don't know what other flavors to get. I'm guessing a bottle can last you a week but I'm not sure?

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hey Banshee and Speedracer! Welcome to the VIP Room, LOL! Don't hesitate to start new VIP Threads or ask questions. Helpful group this motley crew is!

@EmsMom - I wanna learn that! I'm soooo impressed you are doing Mods. I have no real electrical skills (though it's me not hubby who fixes everything around here, so bet I could learn quick!). Do you wanna do a Martha Stewart like demo in person some day for the AZ ladies? :D

@Banshee - When are you coming home next? Let us know. What area of Phoenix do you usually stay in?

@Speedracer - I've sending you a Private Message about e-liquids.

Yep, it's confusing at first. We'll get you to the right areas in the forum and help you to NOT make the mistakes we all did, LOL. I've only been doing this since January (my crappy Smoking Everywhere 1st e-cig mistake, ha). The ECF will get you going quickly!! Tons of helpful info. and helpful people!

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Hello:

I'm a newbie so please be gentle. I'm in Tempe, and started vaping about 3 weeks ago. I'm excited to see that there are other members from Phoenix. I own a super mini, and a 901. For the last 3 weeks I was going through cartridges like crazy and realized I need to learn how to refill my cartridges. I want to try out the local member Hellen mentioned but I'm not sure what flavors to try. Also I'm not sure what dosage I should get. It sounds like Aorma juice is good. I think I migh try there cola, but don't know what other flavors to get. I'm guessing a bottle can last you a week but I'm not sure?

Hi Speed. Welcome! The cola flavor from Aroma E-Juice has been my favorite so far, but I also really like the Apple and Marbro flavors. Jerry is a super nice guy who will answer all your questions and let you sample several juices so you don't have to worry about getting a flavor you don't like...well, at least he did that for me. I don't know if that's a standard service he offers or not, but I have a feeling if he has the time and your willing to go to meet him, he doesn't seem to have a problem with it. For me, I like the convenience of a local supplier that I can pick up from. His prices are good too.

speedracer

Jun 1, 2009
Hi Speed. Welcome! The cola flavor from Aroma E-Juice has been my favorite so far, but I also really like the Apple and Marbro flavors. Jerry is a super nice guy who will answer all your questions and let you sample several juices so you don't have to worry about getting a flavor you don't like...well, at least he did that for me. I don't know if that's a standard service he offers or not, but I have a feeling if he has the time and your willing to go to meet him, he doesn't seem to have a problem with it. For me, I like the convenience of a local supplier that I can pick up from. His prices are good too.

Desrtrat and Hellen thanks for the help.

I'm meeting Jerry today and will let you know how it goes. He is brining Apple and Marlbro along with some other flavors to try. I will report back later today wiht after I try his juice. I cant wait to meet everyone.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hey Vicky, Thanks for the heads up on the Aroma E-Juice coupon. Just read that post here at work (VA Hospital in Phoenix) and ordered two 30 ml bottles!!!.
Speaking of Rockin' Juice Deals!

I've just posted on the Bulletin Board at VIP some great news (and it is only for VIPers!)... check it out when you have a minute here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/groups/vip-vaping-phoenix.html See the thread "Sell your e-cig stuff Locally/Arizona Suppliers" :D.
(Note: Bulletin Board posts of the Social Group forum are not broadcast into the ECF, so you'll have to remember to go look there for messages on occasion).

BTW, If you have something to sell/trade/want locally, you can always post in that Bulletin Board thread (just don't get all spammy, ha). It seemed to work out well for ArizonaVapin and the new AZ owner of his orphaned e-cig!! I was sorry I missed it! :shock:

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hey there Hellen I will be home on the 28th till the 5th. Small break but I go to a fast college lol. Either way when I am home I stay in Tempe right off of Baseline Rd. Any good local shops in the area to get liquid or accessories?
It's highly possible that we all could be meeting around then! Regardless, if you'll keep us updated about when you are coming in, I'd bet that some of us would love to be able to meet up with you if you have time when you are in town!

For local Suppliers, see the bulletin board thread at the VIP Social Group Discussion area with local for sale stuff. There are Suppliers for e-liquid in Tempe and in Phoenix/Scottsdale. Their info. is there with links.:D

As for where to buy an e-cig. - depends on what you want. What kind of e-cig are you using now? There are 2 companies in Scottsdale. Njoy and Crown7 (no storefront, but their offices are in Scottsdale.). You can email them from their websites. From what I have read, they have allowed local pick up in the past. They're both a tad pricey but if in a real pinch, I'd probably go get one. Lots of good e-cigs are available for less and are easy to find on ECF in the Suppliers forum.

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Speaking of Rockin' Juice Deals!

I've just posted on the Bulletin Board at VIP some great news (and it is only for VIPers!)... check it out when you have a minute here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/groups/vip-vaping-phoenix.html See the thread "Sell your e-cig stuff Locally/Arizona Suppliers" :D.
(Note: Bulletin Board posts of the Social Group forum are not broadcast into the ECF, so you'll have to remember to go look there for messages on occasion).

BTW, If you have something to sell/trade/want locally, you can always post in that Bulletin Board thread (just don't get all spammy, ha). It seemed to work out well for ArizonaVapin and the new AZ owner of his orphaned e-cig!! I was sorry I missed it! :shock:

Excellent! And great idea about the "Swap meet" thread (for lack of a better description haha) Helen. I picked up ArizonaVapin's kissbox..and I'm loving it haha. He's also a super cool guy. Hope we can get that get together scheduled sometime.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I won't be looking in that thread...tell the Arizona folks to get their AZ @$$3$ into this forum. Especially if there is a Phoenix supplier offering 30mL @ $20.00 prices. Hell, I could come to that first get together with $100.00 in my pocket....but I wouldn't know about that get together unless the AZ people were in the AZ forum.

I prefer having our own forum over our own thread, damnit.
Hey Dis...
There is a problemo with Suppliers joining Social Group Forums:mad:... so we need to keep US E-Smoker area updated (for now) too. Suppliers can't even access VIP threads to just READ the threads (nevermind they can't join/post). Good grief!

At some point, SJ determined that they shouldn't have access to social groups, but I've PMed Lu and SJ and I'm trying to sway them to change this (it isn't in the Suppliers rules... they can post everywhere but New Member Forum and other Supplier's forums).

So... be patient, and keep that area updated too? At some point, we'll abandon that thread and all move here.;)

Last edited:

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
Hey Dis...
There is a problemo with Suppliers joining Social Group Forums:mad:... so we need to keep US E-Smoker area updated (for now) too. Suppliers can't even access VIP threads to just READ the threads (nevermind they can't join/post). Good grief!

At some point, SJ determined that they shouldn't have access to social groups, but I've PMed Lu and SJ and I'm trying to sway them to change this (it isn't in the Suppliers rules... they can post everywhere but New Member Forum and other Supplier's forums).

So... be patient, and keep that area updated too? At some point, we'll abandon that thread and all move here.;)

SJ needs to fix the root cause. With vBulletin, you can select a primary group and several secondary groups. I'm sure there's a way. Discrimination should not be practiced. If you have a supplier breaking the rules, ban the supplier, don't "fix the rules".

It's like when some people in the office are late to work...don't send an email out to everybody reiterating the rules...no, deal with the people being late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread